Share | 

1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dread Serpent
Slave

PostSubject: 1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies   Mon Sep 26 2016, 19:34

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to 40k and went with the rule of cool and chose Dark Eldar. I know they are not the most forgiving of armies and are considered probably bottom tier but oh well. My list is below and the general tactic is to deepstrike the Archon, Spiritseer and Wraithguard to blow up the enemies favourite toy. I noticed not all the unit have the deepstrike special rule though so I'm hoping this is possible? Next I'll plan to take telepathy on the Spiritseer for the hopes of getting lucky on invisibility but if not the psychic shriek should pair well with the Grot -1 to leadership and the Armour of misery -2 leadership to do some good damage. The rest is pretty standard poison/venom spam. Ravagers can help with AT and Grots can assault transports too. Anyway feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm weak on anti-air, maybe sneak a Crimson Hunter in there?

DE CAD

HQ
Archon - Blaster, WWP, AoM

Troops:
5x 5 Kabalites + Venom 2x SC

Heavy Support:
2x Ravager 3x DL, Night Shields

Grotesquerie Formation

HQ:
Haemonculous - Scissorhand

2x 4 Grots + Raider

Eldar Allied Detachment

HQ:
Spiritseer

Elites:
10x Wraithguard

Troops:
5x Rangers
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies   Thu Sep 29 2016, 08:01

I've played a similar list. The unit of wraithguard are big and you could pull points there if you want to add another unit. Expect your grotesquery to get eaten up most games as they are the only assault element in the list but, that's their job.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies   Thu Sep 29 2016, 14:30

Using your Archon with the WWP, any unit he joins can DS. However, he cant jump in an ally transport to do this DS (the wraiths are on foot, so not an issue).

With a wraithbomb that large, you will want to give them some sort of invulnerable or cover save. Any enemy worth the name will target the heck out of them as soon as they drop, and they will be bunched due to the DS rules. Someone with AP 3 template/large blast will make short work of that unit. I believe the eldar Autarch can get a shimmershield for unit wide 5++.

I would recommend moving the night shields off the ravagers (who need to be shooting every turn) and put them on the grot raiders (who will be jinking every turn regardless, and 3+ jink is sweet).

I always feel that an Archon with a blaster is a waste of points. He is a CC guy with a lot of attacks and high I. You may want to give him an agonizer so that he can help out if your wraiths are charged.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies   Thu Sep 29 2016, 14:51

Unfortunately Autarch's can't take Shimmershields if memory serves. They come stock with a 4++ Forceshield but that's it.

Allied Corsairs would be an option for Shimmershields, but fitting them into that army list might be tricky (unless you'd be up for replacing the Archon-led DE CAD with Corsairs).

I think the cheapest way to get Corsair allies would be a bare-bones Prince with Shimmershield plus a Baron and 5 basic Reavers for 155pts. Pretty steep just to get a 5++ for your Wraiths. Could prove useful if you have two Fusion guns and a Sky Burners Cotorie for 175pts giving you two semi-suicide Fusion guns as well as that 5++.

Are there any restrictions on taking 4 separate detachments? And has there been any clarity on whether you have to make Corsairs your primary detachment so the Prince can be your Warlord?

If those two things don't work then that's not really an option :S

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies   Thu Sep 29 2016, 20:16

fisheyes wrote:
I would recommend moving the night shields off the ravagers (who need to be shooting every turn) and put them on the grot raiders (who will be jinking every turn regardless, and 3+ jink is sweet).
Night Shields are good on Ravagers too, as they benefit cover saves due to Stealth, and not just jink saves. If you can position your Night Shield protected Ravagers to get cover, ideally in a ruined building you can get a 3+ cover save and still be shooting.

Æther
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies   Thu Sep 29 2016, 21:24

You NEED that Crimson Hunter, no doubt.

If you fight anyone with an Air Superiority Detachment, you're gonna be needing 5+ rolls just to deepstrike, 4+ if anyone brings a Flyer apart of any other Detachment, not good at all. Armies with Reserves need Air Support more then anyone else now. The Autarch helps to ensure 2+ reserves when fighting an opponent with Flyers (Aslong as you also have a Flyer). I like both, but the Flyer is pretty much vital for your plan of attack.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE CAD + Grot + Eldar Allies   Thu Sep 29 2016, 23:07

Cool thanks for all the input guys. I think I have found a good balance with this list now. I changed up the Archon to a Succubus because seems a bit better idea for close combat. I snuck the autarch and Crimson hunter in to help getting the reserve rolls, the autarch can roll with Grots to help with assault grenades and not getting overwatched. I switched up to D-Scythe on the Wraithguard to help get around cover saves, I realise this makes the Spiritseer less necessary but they still give me some decent psychic phase for cheap. Let me know what you think. Also scatter bikes for anti transport.

DE Realspace Raiders

HQ
Succubus - WWP, Glaive

Troops:
2x 5 Kabalites + Venom 2x SC

FA
2x Venom 2x SC

Heavy Support
2x Ravagers, 3x DL

Grotesquerie Formation

HQ:
Haemonculous - Scissorhand