HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Fri Apr 21 2017, 12:52

Thanks dude! I'm really glad you like them Smile it's praise from you guys that gives me the confidence to really start chopping bits up Smile

Rhivan's absolutely right, it is the Tree/Spite Revenants kit, and I do adore it Wink tons of little bits and pieces that are useful for making skeletal/barbaric Eldar Smile even this latest guy uses one of the Spite Revenant heads (with one side carved into a skull).

I have used the Kurnoth Hunters shoulder pads for the centaur guy, but not much else from them. I do plan on using more bits, but the kit itself is just a little on the expensive side just for bits and most of the bits sites sell out in short order!

Looking forward to what you come up with Smile I've been watching your thread with interest Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Fri Apr 21 2017, 12:56

You'll have a LONG wait for any corsairs to surface. Everything is going towards actually getting some aeldari together. Ive always loved Eldar but it wasn't until fracture of biel tan I decided to do something about it. May take a dip with bashing a prince together at some point. Until I do though I'll keep following you so I can steal your ideas :-P

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Wed Apr 26 2017, 14:16

I had meant to get some painting done last night, but I had a bit of inspiration for something I've wanted to do for a while Smile back in January I made my first Croneworld Eldar pleasure cultist, which I did rather like.

However, in the light of my exodites getting a little...stranger...since then, I thought that the warped playthings of Slaanesh should by all rights be just as strange. So, here's my first attempts (counts-as Heralds of Slaanesh with Etherblades).

Ylris sprinted across the battlefield in great leaps and bounds, ribbons billowing gracefully behind her. Desperately, she fought to keep her death-dance pitch-perfect. Every leap and footfall the very epitome of acrobatic grace. She could feel the eyes of the Prince of Perfection as a great pressure on the back of her soul, scrutinising her every move for a hint of anything out of place. On her next landing, she clipped a stone and stumbled. "No!" she screamed. A scream cut short as her soul was wrenched from her frame and returned to its eternal torment, her lifeless body slumping to the floor. Around her, her kin continued their dance unflinching, utterly absorbed in their own survival. Elsewhere, another fallen warrior rose to its feet, home to another long-dead soul plucked from the aether. Perhaps this plaything would do better, an infintessimal fraction of the vast rumbling thought processes of Slaanesh mused. This was a frightfully entertaining game!

Such is the life of a Croneworld Cultist. Cursed by their forebears, who in their arrogance thought they could birth a God in their image. Little did they know the soul-child of their race had far more sordid ambitions. They live a fraught existence as playthings for She-Who-Thirsts, yet still they endure. These cursed creatures. Desperate to avoid her attentions, and equally desperate to please her, their lives are utterly at the mercy of the most fickle of Gods.

A little refresher on the background Smile

Spoiler:

The other thing I'm excited about is the modelling opportunities Smile

One of my all-time favourite GW models is this old-school Vampire Lord. It's just a fantastic sculpt:

So, I thought I'd have a go myself with my second Favoured Plaything/Herald.

What do you reckon? I'm dead chuffed if I do say so myself Smile here are the two together:

These two combined have also given me some ideas for some themes to carry through to the rest of my Croneworlders. Judging by the Keeper of Secrets model, Slaanesh seems to have a fondness for extra arms. My DEldar Covens Wych Cult also has a bit of a multiple-arms theme going on, which fits the 'Slaanesh is a reflection of the Eldar consciousness' thing, but means that I need to mix things up a little for the Croneworlders. The vampire lord guy is what gave me the answer with his odd arms. As a rule, people tend to find symmetry pleasing, and asymmetry slightly odd (or downright jarring when it comes to the human form). So, I think one of the themes I'm going to carry through the rest of my Croneworlders is them having 3 arms to hit the warped odd look of Chaos Smile

More to come!

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   

Back to top Go down

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: