HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Fri Nov 25 2016, 23:19

Thanks man Smile these horns are part of the mask this time, and it definitely shows Smile

Need to get her painted asap Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Fri Nov 25 2016, 23:21

Yeah the horns look awesome, It's giving me an idea with my Archon and my Sybarites if I can pull it off.

BTW look at the inter-kabal thing it's on the Kabals of the Dark City section.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Fri Nov 25 2016, 23:38

I've just replied! Should be good fun Smile

As for light conversions on your Kabalites to make them a little necromantic, what's your vision for how that affects your troops? If they lose an arm, would they have it replace by a skeletal one? If so, you could try replacing the occasional arm with one from an AoS undead unit, or those kickass Tree Revenant talons that I use Smile they really are a fantastic little bit, and would work really nicely as a sort of semi-skeletal arm Smile

They'd look really damn cool on a Kabalite painted mostly black and then the arm painted as a sort of bleached almost white bone colour Smile

The Spite Revenant talons are slightly larger, so could be good to represent an Agoniser of other powerful CC weapon Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Fri Nov 25 2016, 23:47

Well the reason I ask is because I feel like will all the converting I do to make the special guys (Heck even the corsairs troops) necromantic that the Kabalite warriors are going to look out of place.

For instance I'm thinking of my Corsair Reavers to use the Dark elf warrior torso, with witch legs, scourge wings (I'm leaning towards by Reavers having bat wings to make the feathered wings more special) with executioner heads. Possibly with the witch elf hair on the leader to make him fabulous.

I've also figured out how I'm going to do my Reaver Jetbikes to an extent (the mount I'm still debating) Coldone/Drakespawn Knight Torsos and legs, with Graveguard heads and I'm leaning towards Dragon Prince/Blade mounts as why would my Archon give his Undead subpar mounts? I mean you can make these mounts look Undead and Dark Eldary

Like you can see that the units or at least the concepts of them to some extent push the undead nature of the army, I'm just curious as to whether the Kabalite warriors will fit in or not (I'm unsure because most of what I'm converting from is the VC and Dark Elf lines which are pretty close to the Dark Eldar I just want to be sure)
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Fri Nov 25 2016, 23:56

Hmmm, the only real way to tell if something will look out of place is to make a mock-up and see what it looks like Smile

It was only through doing that a couple of times that I hit upon a look for the exodite Hunters that I liked (although next time I'll try and decide before I've made 10 of the wrong sort!).

As a rule, I like to make sure there's a good mix of 40k bits in there if I'm using something from Fantasy/AoS (although that's just my style).

For instance, with the Dragon Princes, if you use Kabalite torsos it should tie them in with any less converted Dark Eldar units you have. Plus, you'll have 5 of those really cool torsos knocking around to make some kickass looking Kabalite Trueborn if you want Smile would make your money go a little further Wink

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Sat Nov 26 2016, 00:06

The Dragon Prince's Torsos will be used for making HQs in fact my Archon will be using a Dragon Prince torso. My Archon is probably going to be my most advanced (and ridiculous) conversion as it's going to be using bits from 4 different kits. I'm really looking forward to it xD

On a different note do you think it would be better to go with Tyranid Gargoyle wings instead of the Scourge Bat wings for my Reavers?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Sat Nov 26 2016, 08:54

Cool Smile looking forward to the HQs too!

Tyranid Gargoyle wings would be a cool variation for a lot of bat-winged things Smile seem roughly the right size too:

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Sat Nov 26 2016, 14:47

Well, I've thrown some paint on the Daughter of Khaine Smile must get a better camera. Can't really see the glowing bits :S relatively happy with it, although I must say I'm not nearly as good of a painter as I picture in my head!

Not sure if you can see it from these pictures, but I've painted the exposed skin on the feet as if it's blackened and charred, and the wraithbone arm as if its beginning to char from where it meets the armour.

Trying to put my finger on why I'm not that keen on it though...

I don't think it fits with the gold/red/brown aesthetic of the rest of the army. Maybe that's a good thing given the fluff, but would it look better with a thinned layer of Runelord Brass on the armour and the undersuit painted a really dark brown?

Oh, I discovered I had some Kroot models I made ages ago and never got round to painting. I've always liked Kroot, so I though I'd try out the laziest painting method I've ever tried on it Smile just laid down a base layer and put a wash over the whole thing. I actually quite like it Smile

Would make a nice little mercenary force alongside my exodites with a Kroot squad and a Shaper/counts as Cadre Fireblade Smile

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Sat Nov 26 2016, 15:17

The black on the paint does seem a bit of a color clash. Another thing I just noticed is the way she is carrying the spear seems a bit... awkward. Or is it just me?

Hey if your guys recruit Kroot then Kroot are in your army. Better they die then Eldar amirite?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Sat Nov 26 2016, 15:33

Yeah I did think that. Maybe I'll try and get a little more brown on there to tie everything together Smile

Exactly! Disposable Kroot Wink alongside Beast squads I can keep eldar casualties to a minimum Wink

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Sat Nov 26 2016, 15:40

Quote :
Yeah I did think that. Maybe I'll try and get a little more brown on there to tie everything together Smile
Maybe add some red on there and use terrible burn wounds as a base.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Mon Nov 28 2016, 01:24

This evening I thought I'd put something together a little more befitting the Dark City Wink

Second go at making my Archon Smile honestly, I can say that the Dark Eldar have the most stunning model range in the whole of 40k. Really beautiful sculpts.

Perched upon a spur jutting over the battlefield, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. The sharp tang of blood filtered through his jaded olfactory nerves and he drank in the carnage below.

Below him, the belated reinforcements were arriving. Spying the remains of the XIth scattered across the valley, the Commissar bellowed his orders. With a crackle of interference, the cloaked figure tested his pet Haemonculus' latest whimsy.

Booming from the platoon's vox-casters, an alien voice declared in broken Gothic: "I am Khaharkyth the Carrion Lord. Look upon my artworks and despair!"

As the final guttural syllables were echoing in the air, the Archon tipped forwards and dove off the precipice. With a sickening crunch he landed square on the shotgun-brute below, cracking its spine beneath an armoured knee. The Commissar spun around, power sword buzzing into life.

"My soul-trap is hungry, plaything." the vox-casters echoed.

Bracing his sword, the Commissar charged...

Also, from this day forward the little skull attached to his shoulder-pad will be known as 'Wilson' Wink

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Mon Nov 28 2016, 03:09

I really like your Archon he reminds me of Zero from Code Geass a bit (Mask and pose wise)

I like your Archon's fluff too. Have you read the Path of the Archon? Because one of the Archons of the Black heart has a bunch of soul stones he uses to amplify his power and even use their skills (I believe he uses ones to track down a scent?), anyway if you can get the skull Wilson to talk at times and then your Archon gets him to experience agony and then be trained by the Archon for his amusement that'd be 10/10.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Mon Nov 28 2016, 11:02

Thanks man Smile you're right he does!

I was going for a sort of 'drinking in the atmosphere of the battle, reveling in the carnage' pose.

My idea for 'Wilson' is that he was a particularly entertaining duel for my Archon. His underlings have caught him muttering in conversation to himself on occasion, but the strangest part is that since this odd behaviour has started his previously nonsensical tactical decisions have actually become more sound...

Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Wed Nov 30 2016, 16:30

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Thu Dec 01 2016, 02:40

Wait I haven't replied yet? I thought I did... Anyway I now love Wilson taking over or giving advice to the Archon on tactical matters that's hilarious. Even better if Wilson becomes the true Archon and Khaharkyth just becomes the Muscle head for him.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Thu Dec 01 2016, 09:44

@Rhivan wrote:
Wait I haven't replied yet? I thought I did... Anyway I now love Wilson taking over or giving advice to the Archon on tactical matters that's hilarious. Even better if Wilson becomes the true Archon and Khaharkyth  just becomes the Muscle head for him.

Haha! I love that idea Smile

Quote :
Khaharkyth shot a suspicious glance at the skull sitting on the plinth.

Sometimes, he wondered who was really in charge. Him...or Wilson

I love the idea that the main power struggle within the kabal, as far as Khaharkyth is concerned, is between the Archon and his imaginary advisor, but he's such a brutal fighter that no-one else dares question it Smile

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Wed Dec 07 2016, 00:46

Well, I haven't been completely idle over the past week or so! Started paintign my Cult of Faolchu but got a bit dissatisfied with them mid-way through as they don't look 'exoditey' enough.

I still really like them, but thought I'd be happier to get the more technobarbarian units done first Smile

So, while I'm waiting for some bits to turn up I threw together some Corsair Voidstorms.

Thought I'd go for Kabalite legs and Dire Avenger bodies to give them a little more bulk compared to the Reavers. Harlequin swords for Venom Blades and a Shredder to keep them nice and cheap rounds out the unit nicely Smile

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Sat Dec 10 2016, 02:31

Well, after ruining about £12's worth of Scourge wings I've decided to give up on the wraithbone limbed wings idea for my Terradons. Works fine on one type of Scourge bat wings, but it's really tricky to get it looking right on the second set.

So, I thought I'd have to go down a different route to make them look different. Here's the result:

Thought that the Hellion bodies and the occasional head made them look more techno-barbarian Smile plus, it's given me some ideas to make exodite civilians at some point.

I've come up with a different little fluff blurb for them too:

Spoiler:

Also, I thought I'd re-make the Heat Lances into something a little closer to an actual lance (again to play up the technologically regressed look). Some individual shots show what they look like Smile

I also had a go at making a test-piece for a Haywire Lance squad, which I'll complete when I've got enough bits Smile

Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Mon Dec 12 2016, 18:42

Very good! Shame about the Terradons, cool fluff and I like the lance weapons. And yeah, the hellion bodies look good.
EDIT: How did you make them?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Mon Dec 12 2016, 19:57

Thanks man Smile

Yeah it is a shame but my wallet will thank me Smile not that it's particularly happy about the little plastic aliens to be honest. Maybe it'll just stop complaining so vocally Wink

The Hellion bodies need a little modification to the Scourge rear torso (clipping/filing off the raised section so that it sits flat). Other than that they're plug and play Smile

The lances are Scourge glaives with the blades clipped off and the tips of Heat Lances/Haywire Blasters glued in place Smile they'll droop until the glue's set solid enough so you'll have to either prop them in place or keep adjusting them back in-line every now and again...

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Mon Dec 12 2016, 20:04

Nice Scourges. I really like the Haywire Spears. I'm going to try to steal that idea in one form or another (Although it may be a different spear).

The hellion bodies certainly work for the conversions, Alas I don't want my guys wearing BDSM gear... in combat of course what lunatic wouldn't outside of it? How would you have done the wraithbone wings if you could've had them?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Mon Dec 12 2016, 22:14

Thanks man Smile yeah they work nicely. I'm thinking they'd work similar to Warlock Singing Spears, thrown and then telepathically returned.

The wraithbone limbs work very nicely on the more curled up wings. Just carve away the limb and replace it with a Dryad arm.

The other ones are trickier as you've got t ocarve the limb away while leaving the membrane intact on both sides. Definitely doable, but got fed up after ruining one too many!

I thought Dark Eldar were all over the BDSM gear in combat? That's kind of their whole shtick Wink

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Tue Dec 13 2016, 13:37

Beautiful idea about the "lances". I will probably try to steal that at some point (looking at the venom rider spears...).

I bet they are delicate as all heck though. Did something similar to get my Succi glave, and it broke after 2 games (due to my carrying case). Transport with care.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   Tue Dec 13 2016, 13:43

Thanks dude Smile

Yeah they'll be delicate, even compared to normally delicate Dark Eldar!

At least they're not Finecast though. Won't touch the stuff. I've got a single Finecast model (Spiritseer) and learnt my lesson after that.

Shame cos the Haemi and the Incubi models are stunning...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon   

Back to top Go down

Corsairs, Exodites, Craftworlders and hopefully Kabalites soon
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: