HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fluffbunny Con

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Fluffbunny Con   Thu Sep 22 2016, 17:59

Going to a tournament (capped at 24 players and is sold out) called "FluffBunny Con", and as you can imagine from the title, there are army restrictions galore to curb anything they may consider "Cheese".

Lists are all turned in and approved, and the tournament is Oct 1st. I will finish this thread with a battle report.

List Building restrictions:

no 0-1 models, no named, gargantuan, super heavy, formations, fortifications, forgeworld or detachments. No dataslates, duplicate Fast, elite or heavy choices and the following:

1. Must choose 1 troop unit at maximum size
2. Must choose a different troop unit

Any squadrons/ monstrous creatures etc may only take 1 model.

After reading through all this, i felt that Dark Eldar would actually BENEFIT moreso than other armies with these rules... So I made my list:

Arcon, power sword, Haywire, Shadow Field
Venom, cannon x2

Lahmeian
Venom cannon x 2

20 warriors w/ 2 splinter cannons and sybarite

5 Wyches/ hekatrix/ hydra/ haywire
venom cannon x 2

4 units of 5 warriors with blasters
2 in venoms (cannons x 2) 2 in raiders (darklance)

venom w 2 cannons
raider w darklance

ravager w/ 3 lances

6 Incubi / raider/ darklance/ sails

Arcon goes in with the icubi to fly over turn 1 and threaten whatever they need to, warrior unit from a venom fills an empty raider.
That leaves 3 empty venoms to zoom around as they wish.

So thats 6 venoms, 4 raiders, 1 ravager, 4 blasters and some haywire at 1500 points.
I will not be facing anything nasty, no decurian, no seerstars, nada.
I think Dark Eldar very may well take the first ever Fluffbunnycon

Will report after the tournament and see how they did

fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Thu Sep 22 2016, 19:17

That looks like a fun tourni. Funny how they try to stop spamming with their "no duplicate in FA, Elite or HS", but we can spam our Venoms/Raiders to our hearts content Razz

Thinking it over, you will still be playing against SM and Eldar, both armies who dont give 1 F about going Highlander (all their units are great, so w/e). But the SM cheese revolves around Grav (which we dont care about), and Eldar are... well ... Eldar (so scatt bikes are a problem).

How will you deal with buffed scattbikes?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Thu Sep 22 2016, 20:01

Venoms make very short work of scatbikes. I forgot to mention that for every non infantry troop unit they have to have an infantry unit. So if I am facing 2 units of scatbikes, they will have to have 2 infantry units as well.

And the Incubi LOVE seeing space marines on the other side...

fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Thu Sep 22 2016, 22:35

I really dont see any Eldar player complaining about bringing a squad of wraithguard/fire dragons/warp spiders/swooping hawks (I could continue to list every aspect warrior, but you get the idea) with every unit of scattbikes
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Fri Sep 23 2016, 15:27

Sorry, i should have mentioned- it has to be of the same classification, so for each scat bike unit, they need a guardian or dire avenger unit.

fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Fri Sep 23 2016, 16:13

Well, that should help then. Let us know how you fare!
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Mon Oct 03 2016, 13:47

Well the tournament is over, and here is how the Dark kin fared:

Game 1: versus Eldar / Kill point mission

His list: Autarch, 3 units of scatbikes, 2 units of snipers, 1 dire avengers in waveserpent, warp spiders, dark reapers in a serpent, etc...

The "fluff" of this mission is you can only place 1 unit in deployment, everything else arrives via reserves starting turn 2 (including drop pods). You could not be tabled until turn 4 by having no units on the board.

I won the roll and deployed my 20 man warrior unit, and let him have the first turn.

I weathered his shooting, and tried to take out his snipers with my warriors, but the first two turns my dice decided to play "lets make it HARDER for the dark eldar!" and refused to cooperate.
Turn 3 on, they became better behaved, and when the dust settled, Dark Eldar won, capturing 13 out of a possible 17 points.

Game 2- Table quarters.
My opponent was yet again Eldar, with three GIANT bike squads (I mean huge) 3 foot squads, warlocks on bikes, an autarch and some lancers.

i won the roll, deployed everything and let him deploy.

He put everything on the table, but kept his autarch more than 2" from his bike units. I asked if this was a mistake before the game began, seeing as how he was a viable target but he assured me it was his intention and no mistake.
Ok then...
Ravager shot three lances and vaporized his autarch. All the splinter weapons opened up, lances from raiders, etc.
When My first turn of shooting was halfway over, he conceded the game. His saves were abysmal, and in all honesty, there was no chance of him winning. Everything had jinked and were mostly destroyed. A crippling alpha strike from the Dark Eldar
17 / 17 points

Game 3- Versus Tau- a kitted out riptide, a ghostkeel, Kroot, Firewarriors (3 units in devilfish), 3 broadsides with missles everywhere and a super squad of suits with commander that drops in, splits fire, rerolls hits and ignores cover.
Ouch
Once again, i won the roll for first and took it.
I ethersailed my incubi right up into his Ghostkeels face, and shot everything else I had at his broadsides. I managed to kill them all, and remove 1 wound from the riptide.

His return fire destroyed the wych venom (not pinned) and immobilized a raider.

My next turn saw me get the incubi out in the grill of the ghostkeel, and fire everything else at the riptide. I did NO wounds between his 2+, 5++ and 5+ FNP.
So i charged both the riptide and the ghostkeel with the incubi, making sure the arcon was in front with the 2+ (he was the most expendable due to his power sword being ap3 while the tide had a 2+) and saved the two hits.
I munched the keel, but the tide made his LD 7 test (rats) but the incubi/arcon kept it tied up all game.

With the heavy hitters neutered, it was easy to mop up the rest... Dark Eldar win, 16 / 17 points

With those victories under my belt, Dark Eldar took Battlemaster (first place) out of 26 players at the first Fluffbunnycon.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Mon Oct 03 2016, 14:13

Congratulations! I agree that the restrictions make it less foreboding to take a DE army to a tournament. Did the second Eldar player ever explain what his plan for the Autarch was? Damned if I can think of a good reason to leave him on his own in the open!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Mon Oct 03 2016, 15:14

With regards to the Autarch, he may have attempted to bate the DE into wasting shots on it rather than other things.

I can see his theory being "do I loose some scattbikes AND an autarch, or do I loose some scattbikes OR the autarch". But clearly this didnt work out for him.

Glad to see some DE wins! Out of curiosity, were there any Ork players?

-Fisheyes
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Mon Oct 03 2016, 15:44

Three ork players all playing some variation of huge ork mobs...

and as for the autarch, I have no clue. I even asked him before the game started if he wanted to have him join a unit...

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   Mon Oct 03 2016, 16:00

Thanks very much. I'll take First Blood, Slay the Warlord and a Kill Point then!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fluffbunny Con   

Back to top Go down

Fluffbunny Con
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: