HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Local Meta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kroupus
Hellion

PostSubject: Local Meta   Thu Sep 22 2016, 12:39

I'm yet to play with my Dark Eldar, having used my purely Nurgle CSM/CD up until now. My local Meta is strange in that Psykers are rarely used.

In the last two tournament days we have had:

Iron Hands (1 Lv1)
Orks (none)
Astra Millitarum (none)
Genestealer/Tyranids (none)
Tau (none)
My CSM (15 levels in 1850, 0 in 1000)

Does your local scene have any peculiar things like that?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Thu Sep 22 2016, 17:07

In my FLGS most people dont bother with them. Usually if someone brings a psyker, its Tiggy or Cortez to sit with some Grav Cents. Once I played a CSM guy who brought a Cabal, but that was a rare thing.

Not to say there are not people who do this, I have just not had the pleasure yet.
Back to top Go down
Kroupus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Fri Sep 23 2016, 13:58

Another one that seems strange in the local GW is the use of Land Raiders. They are in most lists for Marines, CSM and even the Grey Knights player with his extremely shiny models
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Fri Sep 23 2016, 15:04

Thats odd to me, as I almost never see a Land Raider these days.

The most common thing in all the clubs in my area are Drop Pods, followed shortly by the Librarisu Conclave, with Tau Battle-Suit heavy armies in a close second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Fri Sep 23 2016, 16:16

If you are seeing a lot of Land Raiders, then you are blessed with a casual local Meta. Be sure to make them regret it by taking some heat lances and melta-ing them to death first turn!
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 04:53

My other army is Templars and I use a list of 5 AV 14, because you know Armor.

In that fact, I rarely see Land Raiders. I more or less see rhinos maybe, but I would generally see Vindicators, Thunder wolves, or the occasional wave serpent.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 05:14

My meta is.... rather weak. We have space marine players that use no vehicles, an Eldar player that has a WK but never uses it, two chaos players, and some IG.
It kinda sucks, because I like challenging games, but I've started playing with minor points deficits, and taking some purposely bad units to make it more fun. Leads to some fun moments, like Leilith absolutely destroying Jain Zar in a challenge, then dying immediately.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 05:17

Do not mess with the Queen of Blades, she is utterly nasty, and the one model I think that can stand up to her is a Solitaire.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 07:26

@stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:
My meta is.... rather weak. We have space marine players that use no vehicles, an Eldar player that has a WK but never uses it, two chaos players, and some IG.

Have you asked your opponents to bring stronger lists?
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 15:52

@Causalis wrote:
@stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:

Have you asked your opponents to bring stronger lists?
I don't think most of them have the models to make a strong list honestly

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 15:59

My usual IG opponent has now decided to go full Tau.
So that's double the Riptide wing I have to face.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 17:19

Where are you from Steve?

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 19:36

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Where are you from Steve?
Northern California. Got a small gaming group that I play with at the local store

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 20:09

Quote :

Because they actively avoid "powergaming" or is it just a new group of players that are still expanding their armies? And for a strong list most people won't even have to buy stuff like a Wraithknight.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Sep 28 2016, 20:20

@Causalis wrote:
Quote :

Because they actively avoid "powergaming" or is it just a new group of players that are still expanding their armies? And for a strong list most people won't even have to buy stuff like a Wraithknight.
Actively avoiding 'powergaming'. There are a couple who try to make somewhat strong lists, but just don't have the models to do so. Still, its warhammer and is fun.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Mon Oct 03 2016, 16:44

I did want to get into the tournament scene, but found it difficult to keep up with the latest hotness.

Might be one of the reasons I've gone back to Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Mon Oct 03 2016, 17:15

That is mainly due, at least in my train of thought, to the old feel of our codex.

Someone told me this last night, and I had a hard time believing it myself, but he said that "Dark Eldar were so overpowered two editions ago, that now they are on the down swing of the pendulum." He also stated that we were "busted" because of a typo (the whole jink thing).

Thoughts on this? This is my current meta area.
Back to top Go down
Kroupus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Mon Oct 03 2016, 17:19

I've been told that about Chaos too. After 3.5 edition they were purposely nerfed.

I think DE and Tyranids need an update soon. Otherwise we will just be a sprinkling in Eldar armies at best
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Mon Oct 03 2016, 18:10

It is true back in 5th we had the Beaststar build, with a dozen beasts running around with Hit and Run and the Razorwing flock had rending. We lost the IC that gave out Hit and Run, and they decreased the size of the Beastpack (I think it used to be 4-5 of each kind of beast?). Believe it or not, that unit was considered OP at the time. Funny how the game has changed in just a few years.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Wed Oct 19 2016, 06:40

I play at a higher level comp area. You will see Deathstars, knights Dbl Demi-companies, Demi-Companies with Skyhammer etc..

Just about all the players are NOT "waac" (Win At Any Costs) players, but they want to have the best options possible and everyone plays extremely well.

We are always playing the end game, baiting the opponent and when something went wrong, we talk about it after to see how it could have been done better.

If we see Psychic, its going to be 10+ dice with amazing use, other wise its just not worth it unless its Nids and it comes from the Tyrants.

Over all its made me and my community of players MUCH better players, we had a few go to the tournaments and done well (they arnt tournament players, believe me when I say this Tournaments are a HUGE different style of play, needs a different mind set completely). Ive done many tournaments from other games for years and even train some people (I was paid too) for tournaments, and when they say they won a few games and was surprised how well they did, thats awesome.

Its super fun and I love it, but.... it doesn't feel good to play DE in this environment. Ive moved to Corsairs and Harlequins.

OH PS: We get new players and we don't go that hard on them, let teach them, help them and slowly go harder on them.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Fri Nov 11 2016, 06:02

So I've got two local meta roughly, one for the general gaming store one for the GW store. Only big thing ive noticed with my local meta is most dont use transports and even fewer use flyers

The general gaming store while nice people, dont bring very nice lists. Pretty much just a few regulars that do nids flying circus, eldar jetbike/warlock spam, and necrons decurion always with canoptic harvest. Tough games given I play only covens units and harlequins most of the time though my militarum tempestus does okay against these guys

GW store is too random for a meta really, best description of the meta there is What ever they just bought/painted is going to be in the army. So alot of odd lists there of just about every army
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Fri Nov 11 2016, 09:38

Interesting. Have any of the oddball lists been surprisingly effective? Quite a good way to get a feel for unorthodox tactics that might have some merit.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Haemonculus_Vercingetorix
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Fri Nov 11 2016, 21:02

Theres been a few, one guy had a battle forged all dreadnought list that was good because of sheer weight of armor, another guy did cataphractii captains with devastators for mobile plsama cannons and missle launchers, and someone did a monkey circus of spamming jaekero
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Sun Dec 11 2016, 03:30

The local meta here is 2-fold. There's the regulars at the hobby shop, and then there's the folks we import from the NOVA area who usually turn out for local events. The regulars at the shop know how to make a list and run their respective armies usually, though the people run the entire gamut from just learning teenagers to old veteran greybeards. The NOVA players who turn up however are... well they're NOVA players. They show up to kick your teeth down your throat but they're also an extremely chill group of people. These guys know every trick in the book when it comes to meta lists though they are not WAAC at all. They treat local events as a chance to run some fun twists on popular lists or just to try new things out, which inevitably are incredibly difficult to square off against, but it's never just a straight netlist. Also, you'll never see a dogstar because there's some kind of gentlemen's agreement among the higher tier of players that they won't run those anymore because they're not fun for anyone involved. Those are the folks I cut my teeth on while learning so all my lists tend to be 1850 points and revolve around 3 formations.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Local Meta   Sun Dec 11 2016, 04:18

The competitive scene has died here because the same two guys were bringing min maxed tau and eldar. Currrntly active in our meta is a grey knight/necron player who only plays competitive, nids, mechanicum, slanesh, and the odd blood angel.

We have a lot of marine players who only come out to tournaments that hardly exist now

Local Meta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: