HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Veil of Tears

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite

PostSubject: Veil of Tears   Tue Sep 20 2016, 10:21

Preparing my second game with the pure harlequins against Tau, I'm considering whether the VoT can shut down the markerlight or not.

The VoT rule says, Whilst the power is in effect, an enemy unit wishing to target the Shadowseer or his unit must roll~.

It seems very obvious for me that the VoT thus works against the markerlight as well as other shootings. What do you think?

I'd also ask the issue of VoT against overwatch, but there is already a discussion for this topic here. Problem solved.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Veil of Tears   Tue Sep 20 2016, 10:26

Markerlights are still a shooting attack and must therefore target the unit. If they're outside the VoT range then they cannot target the unit. Step 2 of the shooting sequence in the BRB is "choose a target". Markerlights have to go through this step, same as any other ranged weapon.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Veil of Tears   Tue Sep 20 2016, 11:56

VoT is a great protective power. With the Shadowseer, the temptation is to go ML 2. Should that be resisted? It gets expensive fielding attaching a Shadowseer to each player troupe!

Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Veil of Tears   Wed Sep 21 2016, 08:03

90 points for what he brings us a pittance!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Veil of Tears   Fri Sep 23 2016, 09:34

Shadowseers should get ML2, VoT is bread and butter of the harlies. You need reliable rolls eith multiple dice.

lelith
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Veil of Tears   Sat Oct 01 2016, 14:09

Here's the report.

In short, I got tabled in Turn 4 tongue

My three shadowseers threw 2-3 dices every turn for VoT for troupes. Unfortunately, at least one unit per turn failed to get the VoT by either failing in the psychic (2 throws but no 4+) or being denied (my opponent cleverly threw all her denying dices as soon as I succeeded in the psychic with one 4+). And then, as all you can imagine, the unveiled unit was wiped out on that turn.

Another problem that I felt was the retaliation fire. My troupes killed everything when they charged, but they were killed immediately after that. This happened even I killed most of markelight sources in Turn 2! (The new formation increasing BS+1 was horrible...)

I'm gonna decrease the number of troupes (they'll be still winning the close combat against Tau, I believe) and then add more seers and one VSG for the next game.

DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Veil of Tears   Sun Oct 02 2016, 00:51

Hard luck against Tau. Yes, a re-rolling mechanic like Farseers get, would really help out Shadowseers. I will be playing Tau next week and I think I will be dropping my Masque detachment to Cast of Players and Heroes Path to get rid of the chaff.

Yet to get a win with the Harlequins but, like DE, I will perservere and find a way.

Veil of Tears
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

MERCENARIES & ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: