HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1000pt - Getting back into it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noctuabear
Slave

PostSubject: 1000pt - Getting back into it   Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:49 pm

Hey guys, I posted way back in march about starting up a DE army and got some great advice, I've also done a fair bit of reading through the forum to see what everyone else is doing and have come up with a list that's done relatively well over the last few games, as a side note - my gaming group has decided to roll with the latest FAQ draft rules regarding Jink. What do people think of this?

Archon
w/ Shadow field
w/ Agoniser
w/ Haywire Grenades

Incubi
w/ 2 Incubi
w/ Klaviex
w/ Raider w/ Nightshield

Kabalite Warriors x4
w/ 5 Warriors
w/ Blaster
w/ Venom w/ Dual Cannons
120 (480)

Ravager x2
w/ 3 Lances
125 (250)

General plan is to spread my points with MSU giving me 8 obsec units, between the ravagers and the blasters in each kab squad, armor shouldn't be too much of a threat. Archon jumps in with the incubi and the klaviex is there in case of a crap challenge. (Incubi haven't performed super well recently but i'm yet to purchase grots which will be their replacement eventually). Gave the archon haywire to deal with dreads and the such. Hopefully the raider can jink to survive but this has been hit and miss, however, generally if they shoot the raider and it doesn't die straight up, it takes the heat off other units. I had tried out putting nightshields on my ravagers but jinking with them sucks turning them into expensive paperweights.

Won 3 with this list in the last week. (space wolves, nids, csm)

But took a similar list against space wolves again with stuff added on at 1250 (voidraven) and rolled awfully (killed 2 marines total in t1 shooting), and stripped a single hull point (t2), voidraven missed bomb and then scattered all 4 of its missiles. Was just one of those games where you look at your dice rolls and consider flipping tables.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt - Getting back into it   Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:31 am

Looks like you have quite a bit of anti tank for 1,000pts. Is your gaming community normally that tank heavy?
Back to top Go down
Noctuabear
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt - Getting back into it   Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 am

For the most part yeah, had some players decide to bring imp knights, our csm player picked up a kytan daemon engine and have faced mech guard and mc spam nids.

Generally found that the ravagers can easily become targets and having backup AT and just a general way of ID'ing meq was working out better than bringing more poison.

I've got a squad of haywire scourges, which work well against knights and the like, but if i match against somebody with only MC's - eg nids, the squad becomes entirely useless.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt - Getting back into it   Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:30 am

Well it seems like a solid list. If there was something else you really wanted to add, you could mess around with the Archon wargear and potentially drop some blasters. My local gaming store has also completely adopted the work in progress FAQ.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt - Getting back into it   Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:43 pm

I personally dont like the Shadowfield, but thats just me being frugal with my points (40 pts!!! WTF!!).

Otherwise, I imagine with all that MSU you generally do fine. I recently played against a knight with the dual gattling cannons, and I didnt bring ANY AT. I still did fine, just playing the mission and feeding it a unit or two each turn. But if you feel the need to spend 60 pts on blasters, and you think you are making those points back, then Vect bless your blackened heart Wink
Back to top Go down
Noctuabear
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt - Getting back into it   Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:43 am

We don't always play maelstrom missions so the ability to just ignore something and still score enough VP is not always there unfortunately Sad

Yeah i find the shadowfield to be pricey, but it does tend to make people shoot that squad, and as for the blasters, they have earned points back in every game ive used them, more so than my ravagers.
Back to top Go down

1000pt - Getting back into it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: