HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
awhimaican
Slave

PostSubject: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Fri Aug 26 2016, 18:04

Hey guys, have my first tournament coming up and they are using ITC rules/ranking etc.

I've got an idea for a DE list synergizing with WWP wraithguards, and a heavy assault threat from a sword and board wraithknight paired with the CTC formation, either pushing one flank hard together or splitting their threat.

Please feel free to tear the list apart, or criticize as needed lol, any help is appreciated.

DE CAD - 410

Archon - WWP
3x5 Warriors in Venoms

Eldar CAD - 827

Farseer - Spirit Stone, Jetbike
Wraithguard - D-Scythes
2x3 Scat Bikes
Wraithknight - Ghostglaive, 2x Scatter Laser

Corpsethief Claw - 1 Ichor Injector - 610

Last edited by awhimaican on Fri Aug 26 2016, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Fri Aug 26 2016, 19:01

I dont see any wraithguard in your CWE CAD. Did you forget them?

Other than that, I believe you have one nasty list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Fri Aug 26 2016, 19:06

Does the Corpsethief Claw enter via WWP with the Archon?
Back to top Go down
awhimaican
Slave

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Fri Aug 26 2016, 19:27

Lol! You're right I did forget them thanks!
Updated!

No they don't, the wraithguard go with the archon, the CTC would either outflank or take centre table
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Fri Aug 26 2016, 19:44

Ooooh gotcha. I saw the WWP taxi and was trying to figure out what he was driving. Haha. Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
awhimaican
Slave

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Wed Aug 31 2016, 02:48

So I ran this list tonight against another DE army actually and got rocked pretty hard until the later turns. I lost 11-7 playing big guns. I made some tweaks and swapped the bike on the Farseer and some other stuff for a shadow field on the archon to tank wounds which actually worked out pretty well.

my major mistake was reserving the CTC to outflank, allowing all the poison and blaster fire to focus down the Knight in 2 turns. Paired with the lack of mobility which didn't allow me to capture enough at game end. His list was a solid venom spam with ravagers, scourge, and reavers.

Any. Advice or list tweaks? It seems we are a harder counter then I imagined, but I clearly played wrong with the WK and CTC
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Wed Aug 31 2016, 05:59

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I think you need more AV. I don't think you really need 3 Warriors/Venoms, I definitely think you should cut one and I would cut 2 and turn it into an allied detachment, either way first thing to do with the points is buy ichor injectors for the rest of the Talos and haywire blasters for all of them. I'm not suggesting this because it's the standard but specifically because it would be more efficient for what you're doing. maybe spend the remaining points on a unit of reavers and a banshee mask/laser lance autarch if you did cut both.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Wed Aug 31 2016, 08:57

How much fire did he put into the knight? I'm just asking because the common opinion here seems to be that "you can't kill a gargantuan creature with Dark Eldar, bruh!"

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Wed Aug 31 2016, 11:58

Personally I'd swap the sword and board WK for a dual Heavy Wraithcannon. Sure the Str D is nice in combat but you're still looking at S10, AP2 attacks without it, plus Stomps. And the Wraithcannon are absolute beasts, albeit somewhat less so under ITC rules.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC   Wed Aug 31 2016, 14:07

@amorrowlyday wrote:
either way first thing to do with the points is buy ichor injectors for the rest of the Talos and haywire blasters for all of them. I'm not suggesting this because it's the standard but specifically because it would be more efficient for what you're doing.

A little off topic, but is that pretty much the standard? I am looking into getting a Talos shortly (and will hopefully be magnetizing it), but on paper ichor injectors and the heat lance seemed very appealing. Curious as to what experience others have had, and why the haywire is preferred over the heat lance.
Back to top Go down

ITC 1850 DE CAD, Eldar CAD, CTC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: