Share | 

Evolution of a List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Evolution of a List   Tue Jul 26 2016, 15:21

Hey guys,

A small group of us in my local, are planning to play a small campaign/league based around a starting 750 game, then 1250 & finally an 1850.

None of us have fantastic collections, so the cheese will be slightly limited by model availability etc. there will be no proxying, but expect many a base coated model to be fielded. A CTC is out, as I can't afford that many more Talos boxes etc.

No one has any FW, FAQ will be used & I can expect to see minimum Drop Pod SM, Leman Russ AM, SW & Tau.

It's hoped to be a fun way to allow us to grow & expand our collections over time, I don't think any of us actually own our full 1850 lists yet, but were all pretty close, so will be buying & building the things were missing, while playing the lower point rounds etc.

Oh, You don't have to use the 750 list in your 1250 etc.

So my lists:

Sslyth, Cannon Venom (90)
5 x Warriors, Incl. Syb, HWG (WL), Cannon Venom (120)
5 x Warriors, Cannon Venom (105)
3 x Reavers, CC (63)
Scourges, 4 x HWB (120)
2 x Triple Lance Ravagers

Succubus, Glaive, AOM (115) Joins Grots.
3 x Grots, Incl Abber, Raider (195)
3 x 5 Warriors, Cannon Venoms (315)
2 x 3 Reavers, CC (126)
Scourges, 4 x HWB (120)
Chronos, Spirit Probe (125)
2 x Triple Lance Ravagers (250)

DE CAD (1079)
Succubus, Glaive (115) Joins Grots.
4 x 5 Warriors, Cannon Venoms (420)
3 x 3 Reavers, CC (189)
3 x Triple Lance Ravagers (250)
HC Grotsesquerie (410)
Haemonculus
2 x 3 Grots, Incl. Abber, Raiders
HC DA (360)
Haemonculus
Chronos, Spirit Probe
Talos, II

The 750, is pretty much my goto list at the points level & I've had many close games.

The 1250 is trying to be the 1850, but smaller, not convinced on the lone Chronos.

The 1850 is pretty standard, I think & doesn't leave much wiggle room for upgrades. The Abbers & Ichor Injector taking up virtually all spare points after the Glaive & Spirit Probe.

I have the models to field the 1250 & the shopping list is pretty small for the 1850, just a 4th Venom, 3rd Ravager & 2nd Raider (converting Grots slowly but surely lol)

Please remember when commenting, that this is not for a big ITC tournament, I won't face 5 Riptides etc, games will be played around dining tables, with beers, buds & friends!

That being said, I'd love to hear any recommendations etc.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of a List   Fri Jul 29 2016, 23:26

Bump, 3 days Sad I miss a unnamed guy Sad
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of a List   Sat Jul 30 2016, 15:46

At 750, I would drop the HWBs off of the Scourge. Armor will not be in high suppply I feel at these points and Heat Lances can do that job + hurt all infantry as well. I think in higher points as you gain other units, switching back could be more beneficial.

At 1250, I think dropping the Succubus, the Grots, and the Cronos for a Grotesquerie would help. This nets you 435pts so I would use it doing this:

Llahamaen (10)
Haemonculus w/ Scissorhand (80)
x3 Grotesques, Aberration, Raider (170)
x3 Grotesques, Aberration, Raider (170)

This leave you 5 points for a Sail or Dark Lance on a Raider. Again, if you like HWBs over Heat Lances, then keep them, but I am not a fan.

AT 1850, what is on your Dark Artisan? If you can list the upgrades out, I will help with that. It looks good, but I would try and get Scissorhands on those Haemonculi so they can join the fight. Depending on upgrades and things, I think we can make it work at minimal loss.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of a List   Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:08

Thx for the suggestions Smile

My local meta is casual & Lemon Russ Tank Command squad is likely @ the 750 Smile

Most interestingly, so go full Grots @ 1250, I'll think it over Smile

@ 1850, all upgrades are listed, DA has Spritit Probe & the Ichor Injector.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of a List   Tue Aug 02 2016, 15:57

Rewind wrote:
Bump, 3 days Sad I miss a unnamed guy Sad

Assuming you're referring to me, trust that I WANT to post to help you guys out, but the effort to work out the issues preventing me from doing so seems to be terribly one-sided, as I mention here:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14229-the-mod-conversation-with-btw-is-continuing-via-pm-as-we-speak#164576

I actually hoped to be able to work things out with the mods after that message saying they were going to have a conversation with me, but that was 10 days ago and it hasn't yet happened, so I'm a bit less hopeful. Some people might not understand, but I have to stand on principal. If I reverse my stance, even out of compassion, without even a single conversation with the mods, it will permenantly damage my credibility. I hope you get that, and understand that if I DO get this resolved, I'll be sure to come back and revisit all the threads I've not been able to help in up to that point. It's been a full month now without this getting resolved, but I've been on the site multiple times daily, reading every thread and prepared to answer questions from or have a conversation with the mods. No such opportunity has presented itself. It's difficult to make much happen when you're currently at a stalemate, and messages from the mods can take weeks to come back, if they come at all.

I'm working on it, and hopefully will get this resolved ASAP. Till then, Good Luck, and thanks for the thoughts!

P.S. I don't think I've reached the point of "he who will not be named" yet, so it's still OK to mention me by name, haha.

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of a List   Tue Aug 02 2016, 20:28

Why not buying Skaven Storm fiends and convert those into talos? That way you could have a CTC.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of a List   Tue Aug 02 2016, 21:33

CptMetal wrote:
Why not buying Skaven Storm fiends and convert those into talos? That way you could have a CTC.

Beacuase noone had given me that advice before! This is actually very tempting, if I wasn't already converting Grots. ATM, next project maybe...... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of a List   Tue Aug 02 2016, 21:35

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
P.S. I don't think I've reached the point of "he who will not be named" yet, so it's still OK to mention me by name, haha.

Your reputation preceedes you lol Smile
Back to top Go down

Evolution of a List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: