HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sump and dark artisian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lupefi
Hellion

PostSubject: Sump and dark artisian   Sun Jul 17 2016, 16:06

Does sydiqs sump apply the special rules to the talos and cronos of the dark artisian? The rules say they are fielded as one unit. So if i took the sump could i give my dark artisian rampage, or fleet, or it will not die?
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Sun Jul 17 2016, 17:23

It depends on the special rule, if it's description in the rules says one model confers it to the whole unit then yes.
But i think that is not the case on either of the special rules that the Sump gives, if i remember correctly.

Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Sun Jul 17 2016, 18:47

No, the Sump only confers the rule to the Haemy.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 15:57

Are we sure this is correct?

I've read many a thread where people run the Sump with their Grotesquerie to give the Grots. the fleet etc.

Surely this would work the same for the DA, sadly I don't have my brb to quote from
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 16:12

Quote :
At the beginning of each of his turns, the controlling player nominates one of the following special rules to apply to the bearer of Syndriq’s Sump: Fleet, It Will Not Die, Poisoned (4+) or Rampage.
The effects last until the start of the controlling player’s next turn.

All of these special rules apply only to the model with the rule.

@Rewind - I suspect you're thinking about if Grots get Fleet from the Latest Experiments table, the Haem would then be able to go with them without them losing the rule.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 17:57

@ Count

You may be correct, I may have misunderstood how the Sump works Sad

It makes the Sump a much less useful item though?

As it's Covens, only Haem. can then take it & if it doesn't share the benefit with the unit the Indi. Character joins, what would be the point?

EDIT

Just re-read the brb & you are indeed correct, it's definatly just the bearer & none of the special rules confer to the unit it joins.

Raises a 2nd question though?

How do the Grots. in the Grotesquerie ever benefit from the Fleet from the Latest Experiments table, unless the Haem is first killed or takes the Sump to give himself Fleet?

The Grots. Fleet doesn't confer to the Haem & "A unit composed entirely of models with this special rule can re-roll one or more of the dice when determining Run moves and charge ranges."

Are the 2 units of Grots. considered seperate, while still in the formation? Or does it mean that if you roll the 3, you just don't attach the Haem?

How do you guys play it?

Last edited by Rewind on Fri Sep 09 2016, 18:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 18:12

Quote :
It makes the Sump a much less useful item though?

Not to sound rude but you wrongly using the item (and basing its value on this wrong usage) and now finding out that it only works on the Heamy doesn't make the Sump less useful. It makes it less useful when compared to the previous (wrong) usage, yes. But imho it is an alright item for the Haemy. Scissorhand + Rampage for example is neat. It's just a small buff for the Haemonculus to make him able to actually do stuff in CC, instead of standing behind the Grots/Talos/Chronos.

I ran a DA the other day against my buddy's Orks. The Haemy had the Sump and they were fighting 30 Boys, a Painboy, a Warboss on Bike and 5 Deffkoptas. The Boys never ran but couldn't hurt the T7 monsters. So I gave the Haemy Poison 4+ to help the Pain Engines smash the Deffkoptas. The trump of the Sump is its versatility.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 18:20

@Causalis wrote:
Not to sound rude but you wrongly using the item (and basing its value on this wrong usage) and now finding out that it only works on the Heamy doesn't make the Sump less useful.

No offense taken Smile

I'm happy to find out I had it wrong, I just learnt something new & potentially got better at the game Smile
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 18:32

Like a true sportsman! I salute you sir! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 18:39

@Causalis wrote:
Like a true sportsman! I salute you sir! Smile

I find it much more preferable to find out I had it wrong via an online pretty much anonymous forum, rather than having the rule explained to me by an opponent in a match Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Fri Sep 09 2016, 21:48

@Rewind wrote:
Raises a 2nd question though?

How do the Grots. in the Grotesquerie ever benefit from the Fleet from the Latest Experiments table, unless the Haem is first killed or takes the Sump to give himself Fleet?

The Grots. Fleet doesn't confer to the Haem & "A unit composed entirely of models with this special rule can re-roll one or more of the dice when determining Run moves and charge ranges."

Are the 2 units of Grots. considered seperate, while still in the formation? Or does it mean that if you roll the 3, you just don't attach the Haem?

How do you guys play it?

They are separate units and plenty of people attach a Succubus, Harlequin or Craftworld IC to one unit, in which case the unit would be able to benefit from Fleet if they roll it.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Tue Sep 13 2016, 03:53

Nothing saying you HAVE to join the Grots. Give yourself a WWP and act as cabbie to another squad! They even get to benefit from the Fearless/Zealot
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Tue Oct 04 2016, 02:45

Well if you are talking Coven formations they benefit from the Coven Power from Pain, which gives them both of those so they don't need the Fearless or Zealot. Now, the Haemonculus in the Dark Artisan would give the Monstrous Creatures Zealot, if you get it before he dies/becomes not useful.
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   Mon Oct 17 2016, 02:46

You can see it as a sort of insurance policy too - if the grots get hyperstim glands (fleet) on their "latest experiments" roll then the haemi can keep up with them. If you roll something else the other upgrades are still great if he has an upgraded CC weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sump and dark artisian   

Back to top Go down

Sump and dark artisian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: