HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Corsair reaver bands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eryl
Slave

PostSubject: Corsair reaver bands   Fri Jul 08 2016, 10:06

Here's my final two squads of Corsair Reavers to finish off my 1850 points of Corsair/DE/CE list. They are converted from warriors, wyches, wood elves wild riders and dark elves corsairs. The flamers are from the fire dragons exarch.

The reaver bands are trophy hunters, one specializing in vermin extermination with flamers. The others are big game hunters, going after hard targets with blasters.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Fri Jul 08 2016, 18:16

These are really great conversions! Where did the capes come from? Also, where did you get both right-handed and left-handed pistols?

FYI, I'm pretty sure the fire dragon exarch's gun that you used is actually a fusion gun, rather than a flamer.

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Fri Jul 08 2016, 18:59

It's the dragon breaths flamer for the fire dragon exarch. They are quite similar, but the fusion guns don't have the lip at the front, and the fuel canisters are parallel to the weapon.

The capes and left arms are from the Dark Elves Black Ark Corsairs kit. The kit has 6 hand-crossbows, which I cut off and replaced with splinter pistols from the wych kit. There's a chain mail sleeve which looks kind of off, but It's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Fri Jul 08 2016, 23:27

Really cool conversions. Packed full of character, as befitting corsairs. I look forward to seeing more of this army Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Sat Jul 09 2016, 00:00

Nice the Wild rider heads look smashing on corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Mon Jul 11 2016, 01:05

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
where did you get both right-handed and left-handed pistols?

Probably did weapon swaps on existing arms, I did the same a while back on my exodite corsairs (mostly wych knives).  I have to admit that the dark eldar bodies with elf heads look a lot less static than mine which are the other way around.

Even better if you can find/afford them though - the harlequins' shuriken pistols are left handed.

Apologies for recycling old, crappy pictures... too lazy to take new ones and haven't finished painting them anyway (at this rate I may never).
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Mon Jul 11 2016, 10:44

This army must be such fun to convert cheers

Have you decided on a colour scheme yet?

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Mon Jul 11 2016, 20:14

@stilgar27 wrote:
@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
where did you get both right-handed and left-handed pistols?

Probably did weapon swaps on existing arms, I did the same a while back on my exodite corsairs (mostly wych knives).  I have to admit that the dark eldar bodies with elf heads look a lot less static than mine which are the other way around.

No, I really like these conversions too. I'd probably do a mixed bag between the two. Maybe use 1 style for standard corsairs and the other style for the felarch and balestrike bands.

Ultimately, I just wish dissonance pistols worked on vehicles so I'd have a reason to make my corsair army.

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Fri Sep 23 2016, 15:36

Well those look fantastic Smile i'm definitely stealing a fair amount of that for my exodite counts-as kabalites.
I've already done a set using harlequin bodies, shadow warrior legs and guardian heads but they look too 'feudal eldar' rather than the 'eldar techno-savages' that i wanted...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Corsair reaver bands   Fri Sep 23 2016, 16:12

I am also going to shamelessly steal most of this. I assume you used Wych legs in the second picture (of the first post)?

I really hate how the Dark Elf Corsair kit has the cape blowing in one direction, and the legs running in an opposite direction. Makes it look like they are both running forward and backward simultaneously :\
Back to top Go down

Corsair reaver bands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: