HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Maximal damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Maximal damage   Thu Jul 07 2016, 02:55

What units do you use when you want to do hard damage on the opponent from one unit? How do you run them?

I'm going to leave this to you where you can brag about your exploits.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Thu Jul 07 2016, 03:30

Grotesques. 4 men in a Raider with an IC, or 10 with a WWP IC.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Thu Jul 07 2016, 03:32

Eldar units. Haha.

Seriously, if I want to lay down some serious damage with a single unit, I tend to play either Eldar allies, or just play Eldar.

We don't really have the style of army that you can expect to do a ton of damage from a single unit. We're more of a "death from a thousand cuts" style army. But if I had to pick 1, it'd probably be the corpsethief claw formation with 5 Talos.

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Thu Jul 07 2016, 05:40

The Talos have high WS and powerful attacks. They can blister your supporting cast with firepower before they crash into the main course. It's a tremendous amount of pain in both assault and shooting if you gear it that way. So...Hard to argue against it. For a LOT less points, you can take 10 Sslyth. they pour out 30 Poison shots like the Talos do, and though they wont do the same melee damage, they are no slouches in melee and can pump an equally impressive amount of raw wounds out and for a ton less points.

the intended target matters a lot here but Sslyth are a good deal at 250 points and 20 wounds, they are tough, they hit well... shoot well.... Pretty good. But they wont do the raw damage a Corpsethief Claw can to as many targets.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Thu Jul 07 2016, 05:55

Note that I'm in a rather noncompetitive meta
Scourges with blasters or sometimes heatlances usually end up being my hardest hitting units. They are surprisingly hard to kill, especially with 5+ FNP, and almost always take out a vehicle and some expensive models.
My last game with them they knocked both the guns off a hornet (which was hilarious), killed the hornet the next turn, killed a Wave Serpent, and managed to kill a heavily damaged squad of banshees with shooting and assault. The HOW on them is surprisingly useful against other Eldar factions.

This kind of stuff doesn't really work in competitive area's, so in those I would say CC Reavers are the best bang for your buck, in melee at least.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Thu Jul 07 2016, 10:14

Ravager with 9 Disintegrator shots hits hard, but its role is more effective with dark lances. In fact I've never played it without lances.

In meele Talos do well. For example in my last tournament (half-competitive) 2 Talos kill 10 Immortals + Imotek in sweeping advance (not sure its the correct name of when you fall back and the unit catches you). Grotesques are also good but maybe not that much.

For vehicles, Scourges are deadly
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Fri Jul 08 2016, 00:17

Incubi, Scourges, Grotesques, Reavers and Talos can all do a lot of damage in a single turn if your lucky, but aren't all effective against the same type of units.
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Fri Jul 08 2016, 15:44

The dissie ravager could be a killer. Six str 6 ap 3 hits on armored infantry.

Have to agree the talos is a beast. Most run them in the formation where they scout. I use two of them and I like them as best when they go separately to hold objectives and kill stuff.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Fri Jul 08 2016, 16:06

Hellraiser wrote:
The dissie ravager could be a killer. Six str 6 ap 3 hits on armored infantry.

Or even 9, S5, AP2 hits (well, shots).

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Ultra Magnus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Wed Aug 10 2016, 17:52

I think an honorable mention should go to a Venom born Medusa bomb. Not the widest range of potential targets but pretty certain to wipe out almost any standard infantry unit it lands near and somewhat cost effective relative to some of the other options put forth.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Wed Aug 10 2016, 19:29

Medusae are good.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Maximal damage   Wed Aug 10 2016, 20:57

The largest amount of damage I;ve ever done in a single go is a full Court of Meduase aboard a Tantalus, Deep Striking with the aid of an Archon and Webway Portal, and simply roasting Marine away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com

Maximal damage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: