HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Wed Jul 06 2016, 16:15

Dark Eldar Like Stories.
Episode 25

Join us as we talk Dark Eldar in narrative campaigns. We are joined by Faultline Gaming co-founder and Alien Skies all-Xenos campaign architect Zach Pfiefer to talk reviving your gaming scene with clubs and designing custom missions and games days. Joining us later are two returning guests and fellow Faultline Silicon Valley battle brothers Andrew Whitehead and Justin Keefer as we share our experiences in the Alien Skies campaign and talk more about hobby and narrative gaming using Dark Eldar and Corsairs. A baby and a Border Collie may or may not ruin the professional quality of an outdoor recording at some point.... Razz

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Jul 16 2016, 16:23

I actually joind the NGC40k forums with my dark eldar. Glad naritive gaming is getting a place here aswell. Its a great alternitive to playing competitive when you just want to tell a story.

Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Jul 16 2016, 17:46

I'd love to do narrative games, but none of my local players seem interested.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:07

I have a friend who is starting a Horus Heresy Imperialis Militia army and have been preparing to do a narrative campaign that we will play when he gets to the point to start. I plan on starting small and having things escalate and for things in the missions to have an effect on later missions.
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Jul 16 2016, 19:27

I found the best way is just make up a story for a regular 1 off game with people. Thats not just a relic but name it or its something your kabal wants. Like a rare bird. Great thing with our book our competitive lists are pretty fluffy.

The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Fri Sep 02 2016, 16:49

I wonder, could you maybe cover the modelling/painting aspects of DE in a future podcast? I haven't got the opportunity to do a whole lot into this direction but would really like to do so eventually and I'd love to hear some input from my favourite podcast Smile

I'm thinking about the whole range. You know: Best ways to get practice, the "dos and don'ts", sharing some experiences or just general things recommended when painting DE etc.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Sep 03 2016, 06:35

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
I wonder, could you maybe cover the modelling/painting aspects of DE in a future podcast? I haven't got the opportunity to do a whole lot into this direction but would really like to do so eventually and I'd love to hear some input from my favourite podcast Smile

I'm thinking about the whole range. You know: Best ways to get practice, the "dos and don'ts", sharing some experiences or just general things recommended when painting DE etc.

This is something that I'd be in to! Give me a few more ideas and I might be able to work it in to a near future episode.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Sep 03 2016, 12:53

@Evil Space Elves wrote:

This is something that I'd be in to! Give me a few more ideas and I might be able to work it in to a near future episode.

I think there are a lot of things that could be talked about, as the army building is a whole aspects of 40k on it's own. I am also sure that you could find some fine DE artists that could join the podcast as well Smile

Right now, I am thinking about:
- What colour scheme you have and why you chose that one.
- Which colour brands offer good ranges for Dark Eldar in general
- Tell us whether you stick to the GW painting guidelines or have your own way to approach things.
- Which models are rather forgiving to paint and good for gaining practice. And on the other hand, which models are more difficulty and should only be worked on once you have some experience.
- Recommended tools for working (which air-brushes you prefer)
- Maybe showcase some of your best works (pictures here) and share their history.

Or, of course you can talk about advanced topics as well, concerning modelling and conversions.
Or just share some of your experience in general.

Btw. how is your Voidraven doing? Razz
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Fri Oct 07 2016, 17:16

What's the status on the new episode?

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Oct 08 2016, 01:36

What's the status on the new episode?

Thank you for your patience! I'm having a bit of trouble with the editing on my new laptop. Hoping to have it sorted out tonight.

Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Fri Nov 04 2016, 20:15

Finally got round to listening to this episode and it was really good as ever. What the was the song played right at the end?

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Nov 05 2016, 00:46

@hekatrixxy wrote:
Finally got round to listening to this episode and it was really good as ever. What the was the song played right at the end?

The closing music? It's a track for horror type movies called Rising Darkness. Thor does video production and had it as a track for use.

Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   Sat Nov 05 2016, 11:17

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Not the usual closing track but the band that was playing. The track started with about 4:20 left on the episode.

Any movies/tv shows that I might have heard of that Thor was a producer on?

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming   

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 25: Navagating the Narrative, Dark Eldar in Narrative Gaming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: