Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Taffy10
Hellion

PostSubject: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 14:06

Eldar, dark Eldar and harlequins draft FAQs are up

Warp spiders can now only jump once, this makes me happy

Can we please keep the discussion to one thread? Thank you all, Gob.

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 14:17

We got slightly nerfed (no stacking -1 ld from covens) and 45 degree firing arc for PINTLE mounted venom weapons (really gw?) but overall, not bad.

Lahmeans are valid hq choices

no scattering in vehicles with webways

Trueborn ARE warriors after all...

So, overall, a status quo

EDIT- Have to laugh that yes, they intended orbs of dispair to be str 1 AND cost 25 points.

Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 14:25

Read the Freakish Spectacle again. Formations stack with one another, only Covenite Coterie detachments are affected.
Back to top Go down
drdoom222222
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 14:27

link?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 14:43

The Orbs of Despair thing was the only huge surprise here.

(Pretty surprised and confused about the Freakish Spectacle on Coteries thing, too.)
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 14:50

Linky!
http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1643607565959876&id=1575682476085719&set=a.1576243776029589.1073741828.1575682476085719&source=54&refid=13

Well it probably doesn't matter much, but the Venom's upper Splinter cannon being Hull Mounted/45°?... yeah right... facepalm.
Maybe they just hate Venoms?
Probably the writer got his undies in knots over some loss vs Venom spam, when you look at all the nerfs to them and fast open topped skimmers in general...

Glad the 10 points HQs are official now though.

But all in all i expected more.

drdoom222222
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 15:24

thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 16:12

Can't believe some of the questions that get asked. Can a unit of aspect warriors with an exarch be joined by an IC? Why the hell wouldn't you be able to do that? Is a Seer Council a Seer Council?

You can almost feel the urge of the GW staff to just write "READ THE BLOODY RULE!!!!"

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Adma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 16:26

Looks like we have an indirect answer about upgrading kabalites to blasterborn in our purge coterie...
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 16:41

So many questions that can just be answered by reading the rules...

Really GW, you make sure that our pintle mounted splinter cannon is defined as hull mounted and 45°? It wasn't as harsh as I expected but I didn't expect some of the answers they gave.
Back to top Go down
Krokthefat
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 17:58

@Jimsolo wrote:
Read the Freakish Spectacle again.  Formations stack with one another, only Covenite Coterie detachments are affected.

Actualy, every formation datasheet refers to the Freakish Spectacle rules on the Covenite Coterie Detachement page so the rule has been changed for everybody. And it is poorly written since it lacks provision for other detachement/formation to even provide the debuff. (Or is it intended in wich case it's a nerf but if so they would have removed the rules from the formations)

If we suppose that the Freaskish Spectacle rules changes for every formations by replacing Covenit Coterie Detachement by the name of said formations, then it only stacks between different formations.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 18:37

Not in the interactive e version.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: DE/CWE/HARLEY FAQ HIGHLIGHTS!   Wed Jul 06 2016, 19:08

Today we got our FAQs released! Link is at the end of this post!

Highlights:

Eldar:

Iyanden supplement is still official and allowed to be used with Eldar: Craftworlds. (And I confirmed that this was written in the supplement on page 78: Wraithguard and Wraithblades as troops are back!) This is an important development since wraithguard have access to D-weapons.

Distort Scythe weapons are considered S4 for purposes of resolving the "No Escape" rule.

Any unit of psykers can only attempt to manifest a power 1 time, even if it's 2 seperate IC psykers.(Was ruled differently in different tournament formats)

Everything else Eldar is pretty much status quo, reinforcing the decisions already made by most major tournament circuits.

Dark Eldar:

Kabalite trueborn DO fulfill formation requirements for taking "Kabalite Warriors". This doesn't function for detachments that have required troops slots, but will function for things like the kabalite raiding party and new start collecting! formation.

They're currently saying that both venom weapons count as hull-mounted weapons, and thus have a 45 degree firing arc instead of 1 being pintle mounted as it says in the description, and IS on the model. I'd encourage people to go to the facebook page an comment on this in an effort to get it fixed in the final version.

They said the "orbs of despair" from the covens supplement that were S10 last codex, that are now S1 in the current codex is accurate in the current edition. This is laughable, as a one-use, S1 AP2 instant death weapon for 25 points is almost completely worthless. I've never heard of anyone taking it with the current writeup. I encourage people to comment on this one to let them know just how absurd this ruling is. It's obvious that it was a typo, and they just left the "0" off of "S10".

They made it so that the -1 leadership penalty from multiple covenite coterie detachments doesn't stack. This does nothing for stacking multiple formations, though I'm sure the intention was to stop multiple freakish spectacle penalties altogether. I'm sure stacking penalties from multiple formations will cause arguments because of this ruling, but as written is still allowed. Such amateurs...They really need to start employing people who can read/write beyond a 5th grade level. I don't suggest commenting on this point as any change will likely only be to our detriment.

Everything else Dark Eldar is pretty much status quo clarifications that we were already using.

Harlequins

Solitaires can use ALL of the special weapons they have at the same time, since 2 of them are "bearer" worded weapons(meaning you get the special effects even if you don't choose to attack with it). This makes them far nastier, and more likely to be worth their points.

Everything else Harlequin is pretty much status quo clarifications that we were already using.

So, overall, they didn't make a TON of changes from what we've come to expect of the existing rules. The most surprising rulings are generally tainted by the typical GW buffoonery we've come to expect in this FAQ cycle.

Link to original FAQs:
http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1643607565959876&id=1575682476085719&set=a.1576243776029589.1073741828.1575682476085719&source=54&refid=13

Can we please keep the discussion to one thread? Thank you all, Gob.

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 19:25

They got my Orbs question in. Good to know - GW do expect us to take S1 grenade for 25 points.
I guess the logic is - pray for sixes mate, pray for sixes. Then you will have instant death and AP2.

Surprised with Lhaeman made official HQ, il be using that now.

Really surprised with +1 BS Wave Serpents in formation. Nobody played that way here.

Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 19:42

Quote :
This is laughable, as a one-use, S1 AP2 instant death weapon for 25 points is almost completely worthless.

Just for completion sake, they lost One Use Only rule with S10. And it was wound on leadership if i remember correct.

Umbralz
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 19:46

All of the things in the FAQ seemed the sensible approach.

Venom 45 degree firing are definately caught me off guard. Seems out of left field to, given the models.

Has anyone tried to get a bit more clarification on the new formation?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 19:51

Everyone, can we please keep this discussion to one thread? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 19:57

@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
This is laughable, as a one-use, S1 AP2 instant death weapon for 25 points is almost completely worthless.

Just for completion sake, they lost One Use Only rule with S10. And it was wound on leadership if i remember correct.

You're right. The current version doesn't have the "one use only" rule, and the prior edition wounded against leadership. But the prior edition wounded almost everything on 2+ or 3+, with instant death against anything T5 or lower. The current version can't even hurt anything above T4, and only wounds T3 or T4 on 6+.

It's such a vastly different and overpriced item that I can't see that being the original intent. The most common sense idea being that they either meant to give it the poison rule, or meant to make it S10 instead of S1.

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 21:22

Dont really matter. I wouldnt take 25 points poisoned grenade just as i wouldnt s1 grenade. Thats just lot of points.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 21:24

I agree. But I might take a S10 AP2 grenade with instant death for 25 points. That's why S10 is really the only thing that made sense as the intention in my mind.

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 22:15

So with the Formation, you can take all Trueborn without taking any Kabalites at all? Still nice.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 22:33

@KiloFiX wrote:
So with the Formation, you can take all Trueborn without taking any Kabalites at all? Still nice.

Yes sense they are upgrades.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 22:45

@Azdrubael wrote:
Really surprised with +1 BS Wave Serpents in formation. Nobody played that way here

Not sure why. That one didn't even need clarification in my opinion as it's absolutely clear in the rules.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 23:12

@KiloFiX wrote:

Seems cute, right? Especially since the Warriors would have lost Objective Secured by being in the formation in the first place. I didn't really like Trueborn even at the best of times before this, but with access to preferred enemy, I'm giving them another look.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   Wed Jul 06 2016, 23:39

@hydranixx wrote:
@KiloFiX wrote:

Seems cute, right? Especially since the Warriors would have lost Objective Secured by being in the formation in the first place. I didn't really like Trueborn even at the best of times before this, but with access to preferred enemy, I'm giving them another look.

Yeah, having this confirmed is definitely making me reconsider trueborn in their 2 formations(still not good outside of them, though). The kabalite raiding party probably still isn't good, since it ends up soaking up almost all available points in a standard 1850 list if I recall correctly.

The new formation, on the other hand, could be pretty interesting with PE.

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up   

Back to top Go down

Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins FAQs are up
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: