Share | 

Glowing Eyes or no glowing eyes...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite

PostSubject: Glowing Eyes or no glowing eyes...   Wed Jun 22 2016, 08:51

Lookin for some advice.
Today I finished off about 25 or so Kabalites that had been lyin around half painted.
I'm not sure wether to give them green eyes or not.
On one hand, I think it contrasts well with my colour scheme and it'll match other armies I've painted.
On the other hand, would it be too much?

Pic attached for reference (Colour Scheme of Kabbies and 1K Sons+Renegades with glowin eyes as I paint them)

Cheers

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Eyes or no glowing eyes...   Wed Jun 22 2016, 14:00

If you've got the time do it. Its just another little detail that will add depth to the model.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Eyes or no glowing eyes...   Thu Jun 23 2016, 11:02

For tiny miniatures like kabalites, the more detail you can add the better. You can add details for days without it becoming too much IMO. I mean, look at harlequins. Smile
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Eyes or no glowing eyes...   Thu Jun 23 2016, 11:43

Thanks for the advice guys
For the sake of my sanity I just give my Kabalites pretty basic paint jobs(like all my painting really). But you really can go so much further. Speaking of which, I relaly should do those little spike things in their tabards......
I did go with the glowing eyes, and liked it so much I went and did all the helmeted dudes I could find.

Again, thanks for the replies

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down

Glowing Eyes or no glowing eyes...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: