Cult of Bliss Bereaved

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Fri Jul 29 2016, 20:06

Oh, I don't intend to use purple skin.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Fri Jul 29 2016, 20:38

I'd go for super-ultra-sexy-hot-pink skin.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Fri Jul 29 2016, 20:39

I'm going for pale skin...I'd rather not look like a stick of bubble-gum.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Fri Jul 29 2016, 20:50

why not pale pink?
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Fri Jul 29 2016, 21:02

...Are you seriously trying to get me to paint them pink?

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Fri Jul 29 2016, 21:29

...Are you seriously trying to tell me you won't paint them pink?
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Jul 30 2016, 09:40

I quite like the purple skin as a base, it'd give the cold undertones (Ugh, now I sound like a makeup artist)

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Jul 30 2016, 16:51

That's not a BAD thing, really! And yeah, the purple is neat, but, not when the armor is purple I feel.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Jul 30 2016, 21:02

You're supposed to contrast so with purple armor you're supposed to use green skin, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Jul 30 2016, 21:17

I'm not making something that appeals to Captain Kirk's fetish for green.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Thu Aug 04 2016, 19:39

So, update!

While I decided to start from the beginning with my wyches, while they soak in some purple stuff, I started painting up some reavers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkZGlJdHdPVFlNc0E/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Thu Aug 04 2016, 21:27

Dude, you should keep those reavers as they are. They're 10/10 already. Absolutely beautiful Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Thu Aug 04 2016, 21:44

Well, thanks! XD But, I have so much more I'd like to dooooo.

I'm going to give the vents some thermal effect for sure, and I need to fix up a little mistakes here and there, then comes making their custom bases...

Glad to know what I have so far is appealing!

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Thu Aug 04 2016, 21:54

Are you using EoE's stencils on the Reavers? It gets a nice mottled effect that I think is quite nice. It isn't gharish and in your face, but it's enough to make them more interesting than simpler Reavers.

They're nice! I look forward to seeing them with riders 'n' all. Smile

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Thu Aug 04 2016, 21:56

Yes I do!

It's the same I used on the knight, actually. It's bright and unique, and a little "Out there" as said by my room-mate but I like the colors and they aren't very common so...more for me! Gotta do the little gemstones and stuff, touch-up, and then maybe a wash...I'm not sure I'm feeling it on my reavers, my wyches want to keep things clean and vibrant and these don't have many nooks and crannies...

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Thu Aug 04 2016, 23:05

The Reavers are looking good.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Thu Aug 04 2016, 23:12

Thanks Curst! I think it's a good start!

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Fri Aug 05 2016, 23:26

So, I did some more work and this is my "finished" reaver, decided to do one first and then submit it for critique.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkS1p5WmltYWl4SkU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkWEk4OVFYNUo3dGs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkSnVBQ3p6dkdnbGs/view?usp=sharing

I did edge highlighting, which I normally am against....

All in all, I think the edge highlighting is horrid, both in application and execution...but other than that it looks "okay" not completely happy with the quality of the touch ups.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Aug 06 2016, 00:12

0/10 I hate it. The other one was just so much better! You ruined it! (This is sarcasm, for those unaware of what that is)
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Aug 06 2016, 01:25

I agree with you, 200%. TOO be fair, my lighting is crappy and my camera makes it look ugly. When in person, it looks just fine. I just never liked edge highlighting because unless something is metalic the edges don't usually shine that much. HOWEVER It's popular because when detailing tiny things, it fools the eye.

I'm going to do up another one tonight and offer it up for a comparison and vote~

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Aug 06 2016, 03:09

Okay, Kora - I hope you realize I was joking. I actually think it's really good even if the lightning isn't great.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Aug 06 2016, 03:11

I DO know you are being sarcastic. Razz

I do think they look weird with edge highlighting...but then again I didn't snap a picture from a distance usually played at and more real close with a HD camera in bad lighting.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Aug 06 2016, 10:41

"from a distance usually played at" I think anybody with hands can paint models that look good from 3 - 4 feet away Razz
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Aug 06 2016, 19:29

That isn't helping! XD

Also, here is some better lighting. First 2 is the edge highlighting, second two is with the edge highlighting done with OSL airbrush touchups and a glow effect.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkeEF6c2xKNnFqTDA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkRVA1ZXk4TGdmUTQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkT1hWVWJxWjdlUGc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BypZXdK-6mlkLWREbHhMcWpMQzQ/view?usp=sharing

Personally, I like the second reaver.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    Sat Aug 06 2016, 23:25

I really like the first one. However; they're both pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Bliss Bereaved    

Back to top Go down

Cult of Bliss Bereaved
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: