HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Mon Jun 20 2016, 15:07

Played an Adepticon primer this weekend. Got in 2 games with my Dark Eldar/Corsairs/Eldar list.

My list:
Lahmean
venom

Warriors
Venom

12 reavers w/ arena champion / 4 caltrops

Autarch on Bike
Banshee Mask / Laser Lance

3 Windriders 2 scat lasers

Prince on bike
Mask from Harlie codex (secrets?)
Venom Blade

3 sky dancers 2x scat lasers
3 sky dancers 2x scat lasers
3 sky dancers 3x splinter cannons

Lynx w/ scat laser and str d shot

3 Hornets w/ pulsars
3 hornets w/ pulsars
3 hornets w/ pulsars

Game 1:
Nid Flyrant List

5 flyrants
Void Shield generator w/ 3 shields
a bunch of re-appearing spores (4-5 units of 3 each)
about 5 muculid spores
a couple of lictors? whatever the ones in the terrain are called
the shrouded guy
a Mawlock

Ok. Flying nids. I do have a lot of shooting, but flyrants and the mawlock can mess my day up. My plan is to spread out and take on the flyrants first, then when the mawlock appears, concentrate on that until it is dead.
He won the roll to go first, and let me deploy! Strange, i wasnt expecting that.
We both had the night attacker warlord trait, so useless.
My drug for the reavers was +1 T. Not bad.

Vanguard deployment, I deploy everything, and spread out as much as I can.
He deploys the shield, infiltrates the 3 man spore units, and hides a single model out of sight in terrain.

Dark Eldar turn 1-
Decisions, decisions. I have a chance to table my opponent first turn. True, his model is out of sight and hidden well, but the Hornets can scout 12", then move 12", then turbo 24" and STILL snap shoot their pulsars. Thats 36 str 8 ap 2 snap shots, and if any go through, it will instakill the lone model. The rest of my army can wipe the spores off, and take the insta-win.
I decide not to, as this is a practice and i want to play it out. So I shoot, take off all the spores, remove all the shields, spread out and wait.
His turn, the spores came back on (except 1). i guess they go into ongoing reserves.
My turn, I take out all spores and destroy the shiled building itself.
His turn, almost everything EXCEPT the mawlock come in. Lots of shots, not a lot of damage. He did make sure to make all my hornet squads jink (which confused me, as they will only be shooting flyrants anyway, and need 6's to hit reguardless.)
My turn, i shoot a flyrant out of the sky and kill a few annoying spore units. My reavers spread out for assaults on any flyrant that may have failed a grounding check. none do.
His turn,mawlock mishaps and i put in the middle of my army, he drops 2 hornets from 2 squads, a venom, the lahmean (flamer) and a scat bike squad.
My turn, kill the mawloc, kill another flyrant, another falls and dies to the reavers. His lictors are wiped.
It is looking grim for the nids, and he stays flying for a turn 5 objective grab.
I kill them all to one flyrant, who on turn 5 drops to contest an emperors will. We roll and the game continues. his lone flyrant is staring down my entire army and reavers 2" away. He concedes.
22-4 Dark Eldar Victory

Well that went well. The stars of the game were the Reavers, which ate anything that fell from the sky, and the splinter cannon corsair bike squad. Jumping out 12", shooting 18 poison shots 36", then jumping 6+d6 more inches, then assault jumping 2d6 inches guaranteed them getting where they needed to be. Not being able to end closer to the unit being shot at I thought would limit their movement, but It ended up not being a factor at all.

Corsair bikes are so freaking FAST! If they shot a unit (spores) and killed it, they could move anywhere they freaking wanted to!

Game 2- necron Decurion
I will just say this game ended turn 4 with a tabling. He killed 3 models (not units, not kill points, MODELS) out of my entire army.
This is how you beat Decurion:
I stayed back and shot the living hell out of his no cover save jetbike units, and his wraiths/ dlord.
He moved forward, i moved back. When he got close (the bikes and wraiths were dead) I multicharged 3 units of necrons with the reavers. I made sure (naturally) that the caltrops were where they would do the easiest wounds and most damage. I ended up winning combat by 6. the mask of secrets added another -2, so he needed snake eyes to stay.
All 3 units ran, i rolled a "2" to pursue at INI 6, so i had an "8", the best he could get was an "8", so all three units were wiped. Rinse and repeat to another three units next turn.

Stars of the game were of course, again the reavers. I wish I did not need to pay 171 points for a banshee mask, but I need it to make the list viable. If there is any other way anyone can think to prevent overwatch with reavers, I could drop the entire Eldar contingent alltogether!
The corsair jetbikes again were amazing. The move shenanigans you can pull off with them are amazing. I like them better than warp spiders!

The worst unit had to be the Lynx. Not bad, but never really did anything great. i am sure if a wraithknight was on the other side, I would feel different.

All in all, the only thing I would change in my list is to drop the Eldar and add more corsair splinter cannon jetbikes and change the venoms to raiders, but until the overwatch problem is resolved, I have to pay that 171 points! for a 5 point piece of wargear!

BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Mon Jun 20 2016, 16:10

That's a lot of hornets.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Tue Jun 21 2016, 21:55

Yeah, probably why both opponents were tabled.

BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Wed Jun 22 2016, 05:55

Have you ever considered using crystal targetting matrix on them? A bit expensive, but it can make for one hell of an alpha strike.

I've used the crystal targetting matrix on a warp hunter a couple of times. Both times, my opponent recognized the threat a CTM warp hunter posed and focus fired it to uselessness before it ever got a chance to fire. Once it was destroyed, the other time I got a weapon destroyed result and lost the D-weapon.

Taking CTMs en masse on hornets might be interesting, though.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Wed Jun 22 2016, 12:20

That upgrade is not available in the corsair hornet squad... but that would be a great upgrade for the unit.

BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Thu Jun 23 2016, 04:15

Oh, you didn't list which detachment you took them in. If you take the hornets in the eldar detachment instead of the corsairs detachment, you can buy the upgrade.

Something that's easily missed if you just casually look over the two versions of the hornet, but the craftword variant is given permission to take vehicle upgrades from the craftworld eldar book.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Thu Jun 23 2016, 06:12

So you are running your Corsairs in a CAD?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Thu Jun 23 2016, 12:59

yeah, corsairs is cad with DE and Eldar allies

Didnt notice that about the hornets... May have to "tweak" my list and give 1 unit of them to the Eldar for just that reason.

Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   Thu Jun 23 2016, 19:23

Victory claimed for the dark city. Good.

Hunting tyrranid beasts can be so fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs   

Back to top Go down

2 practice games for ATC. 1850 DE/Eldar/Corsairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-