HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Welkren Wanderlust
Slave

PostSubject: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Mon Jun 06 2016, 19:46

Hey guys, I just wanted you all to know that the work you do with this podcast is really appreciated by the community. I know I personally just finally committed to DE after being curious and listening to your podcasts in the car, played my first 1650 game with my new DE and crushed it thanks to all the advice on playing the army that you guys discussed in your podcast.

We are here listening, and you are teaching us. What are the methods for supporting the podcast for us fans?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Mon Jun 06 2016, 21:44

Very happy to hear you enjoy it.

Honestly, a lot of the support we crave is just getting to hear wonderful stories of new and old Archons finding something useful/fun/inspiring in the podcast. If you're looking to do a monetary donation I do believe we have a PayPal account that Brain manages, so I'll trust in him to dig that out for you.

Welcome to one of truly the coolest armies in 40k!

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Tue Jun 07 2016, 14:37

additional shouts from me, i just started listening again from the beginning, whether its the discussion or humor i like it. please continue with these awesome casts cheers
Back to top Go down
Elvellyn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Wed Jun 08 2016, 07:18

Agreed; keep it up guys! Your my favorite thing to listen to while i paint. I wish you guys put out more episodes so i'd paint more haha. But i know you put alot of work into what you do already and the content is good with the frequency/length of the episodes as it is.

While i'm posting, Bryan mentioned once (a few months back) about doing an air brushing episode... i recently got a machine and would love to hear what he has to say about the art!

On a side note i always thought it would be fun just to chill in Skype with you guys. That thought got me thinking it might be fun to set up a TeamSpeak (or similar, what are people using now-a-days anyways) for anyone on TheDarkCity.net to hang out and chill in while painting/doing whatever. But with the varied time zones of the members i fear there would be a lot of people hanging out solo.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Wed Jun 08 2016, 08:08

[quote="Elvellyn

While i'm posting, Bryan mentioned once (a few months back) about doing an air brushing episode... i recently got a machine and would love to hear what he has to say about the art!

On a side note i always thought it would be fun just to chill in Skype with you guys. That thought got me thinking it might be fun to set up a TeamSpeak (or similar, what are people using now-a-days anyways) for anyone on TheDarkCity.net to hang out and chill in while painting/doing whatever. But with the varied time zones of the members i fear there would be a lot of people hanging out solo. [/quote]

The airbrushing episode is in the works. Thursday is my last teaching day before vacation and one of the guests for that episode is also a teacher. Free time ahoy!

I've thought about doing a painting hangout of some kind. Might have to look into that. If any listeners with experience doing this type of thing I'm all ears.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Wed Jun 08 2016, 16:50

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
That thought got me thinking it might be fun to set up a TeamSpeak (or similar, what are people using now-a-days anyways) for anyone on TheDarkCity.net to hang out and chill in while painting/doing whatever. But with the varied time zones of the members i fear there would be a lot of people hanging out solo.

I think teamspeak is still on of the top used ones, and I think this is a great idea. Would be very cool to voice chat with people so they can hear my sexy voice. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Wed Jun 08 2016, 19:57

Pretty much unless you sound like Morgan Freeman or Marilyn Monroe I'm going to be disappointed.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Fri Jun 10 2016, 01:36

No Marilyn or Morgan Freeman. I've had people say I sound like everything between Chris Hemsworth(The Guy who plays Thor), to DMX, to James Earl Jones.

My voice is relatively unique, however, and most people who hear it online quickly come to recognise me by sound when they hear it on things like teamspeak. I could probably launch a successful youtube channel or podcast if I could learn to do an accent and adopt more popular ideas. As it stands, I often find myself at odds with the majority because I refuse to accept things simply because they're popular opinion. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Fri Jun 10 2016, 02:21

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
I often find myself at odds with the majority because I refuse to accept things simply because they're popular opinion. Wink

But that's exactly the reason to do a podcast/youtube channel. Don't not do something because you don't think it will fit in!

And yes, I would so be in for an online hangout with the crew, but might be tough as I'm in Australia......so timing is everything lol

Lastly, again big shouts to Thor and Brian!! I too am listening back over to some of my favourite episodes and am really enjoying it! No pressure but keep them coming!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Sun Sep 18 2016, 16:55

Hello,

Your podcast is the reason I have put away my Chaos and rejoined the True Kin.

Dark Eldar have always been my favourite overall army but I've never attempted to use them. Even if my 16 year old self got a godawful symbol tattoo.

Now it is time to man up and play.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Sun Sep 18 2016, 19:31

What kind of tattoo?
Back to top Go down
Kroupus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   Sun Sep 18 2016, 22:46

I can't find my 3rd ed codex, but it's a symbol in there. One with a triangle on the bottom and like a W on top. Can't post a picture because I'm new.

But when I say from the book, I mean like actual size. So barely a couple of inches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!   

Back to top Go down

Shoutouts to the splintermind cast!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: