HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PainReaver
Sybarite


Posts : 370
Join date : 2012-10-21

PostSubject: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 05:26

So I'm planning on building a fun DE list, definitely not tourney worthy, but I could use some secondary opinions on making this list more efficient.

Cult of the Scarlet Dance

HQ

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive, Armor of Misery- 110

Incubi- 4x, Klaivex, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannon- 155

Wyches- 10x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Aethersail- 220

Wyches- 10x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Aethersail- 220

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125



Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 11:34

@PainReaver wrote:
So I'm planning on building a fun DE list, definitely not tourney worthy, but I could use some secondary opinions on making this list more efficient.

Cult of the Scarlet Dance

HQ

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive, Armor of Misery- 110

Incubi- 4x, Klaivex, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannon- 155

Wyches- 10x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Aethersail- 220

Wyches- 10x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Aethersail- 220

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125




I'd say you'd be better off with units of 5 wyches in venoms - it will give you double the amount of obsec, a ton more poison shots, and make it less efficient shooting at the units when the enemy happens to have too much fire power for just 5 models.

Also instead of hekatrix's I'd go with arena champions in the reaver squads if you really want the agonizers - they have a bit more durability.
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 11:38

Double post sorry
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2015-07-01

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 13:13

It might be worth taking RSR as well and having the Reavers in units of three. Maybe two units of 5 Wyches in venoms and then spend the left over points on more Reavers. Depends on models you have access to though.
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite


Posts : 370
Join date : 2012-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 13:45

@Rhameil wrote:
It might be worth taking RSR as well and having the Reavers in units of three. Maybe two units of 5 Wyches in venoms and then spend the left over points on more Reavers. Depends on models you have access to though.

Starting fresh.

And needing to find the money for it (this army is more expensive than 2 tier 1 mtg decks)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 16:54

I wouldn't go with RSR. The obsec is valuable. But I WOULD likely follow Kehmor's advice about going with units of 5 wyches instead of 10.

If you drop both wyches units to 5 and drop 1 Incubi(To ensure Klaivex gets rampage), that should give you enough points. I'd also probably grab haywire grenades with the points you would have spent on Aethersails. I think your points were off a bit for the wyches units. The changes I'm thinking of would make the list look like this:

HQ

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive & Haywire Grenade, Armor of Misery- 115

Incubi- 3x, Klaivex, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannon- 135

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer & Haywire Grenade, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 155

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 150

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 150

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

TOTAL: 1247

_________________
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite


Posts : 370
Join date : 2012-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 17:40

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
I wouldn't go with RSR. The obsec is valuable. But I WOULD likely follow Kehmor's advice about going with units of 5 wyches instead of 10.

If you drop both wyches units to 5 and drop 1 Incubi(To ensure Klaivex gets rampage), that should give you enough points. I'd also probably grab haywire grenades with the points you would have spent on Aethersails. I think your points were off a bit for the wyches units. The changes I'm thinking of would make the list look like this:

HQ

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive & Haywire Grenade, Armor of Misery- 115

Incubi- 3x, Klaivex, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannon- 135

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer & Haywire Grenade, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 155

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 150

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 150

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

TOTAL: 1247

This is an interesting take. Yes I miscounted points on the Wyches. With that i could actually add some night shields for the Ravagers on the list. (the extra cover save might be handy)

Not sure about losing the fourth member of the Incubi.

That aside, what's the rationale for 5-girl squads rather than 9/10?
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 18:17

@PainReaver wrote:
@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
I wouldn't go with RSR. The obsec is valuable. But I WOULD likely follow Kehmor's advice about going with units of 5 wyches instead of 10.

If you drop both wyches units to 5 and drop 1 Incubi(To ensure Klaivex gets rampage), that should give you enough points. I'd also probably grab haywire grenades with the points you would have spent on Aethersails. I think your points were off a bit for the wyches units. The changes I'm thinking of would make the list look like this:

HQ

Succubus w/ Archite Glaive & Haywire Grenade, Armor of Misery- 115

Incubi- 3x, Klaivex, Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannon- 135

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer & Haywire Grenade, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 155

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 150

Wyches- 5x, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Venom w/2 Splinter Cannons 150

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Reavers- 6x, 2x Blasters, 2x Cluster Caltrops- 146

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

Ravager- 3x Dark Lance- 125

TOTAL: 1247

This is an interesting take. Yes I miscounted points on the Wyches. With that i could actually add some night shields for the Ravagers on the list. (the extra cover save might be handy)

Not sure about losing the fourth member of the Incubi.

That aside, what's the rationale for 5-girl squads rather than 9/10?

It gives you more units to take objectives with, more agonizers, and means if they have some big anti infantry shooting units the most they can kill with it in a turn is 5 wyches. Makes blast and templates less effective, means it is easier to get a unit in cover out out of LOS.

Also venoms are better anti infantry than raiders with dissi's for everything less than TEQ (they go about even vs MEQ) and significantly better vs high toughness targets, especially with low armor saves.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list   Sun Jun 05 2016, 19:29

@PainReaver wrote:

Not sure about losing the fourth member of the Incubi.

I personally don't like running Incubi higher than 4 total in their squad because: A: They're expensive, and B: 3 Incubi + a Succubus actually do MORE damage in combat than 4 Incubi + Succubus, so long as both have a klaivex. As long as you keep their squad number at or below 4(including attached HQs), the Klaivex will always get rampage, which is an average of 2 extra attacks. So basically, you're being "paid" 20 points to lose 1 wound from the squad while GAINING 1 overall attack.

My answer to that: Yes, please. May I have another? Wink

Wouldn't it be cool if Incubi were made troops, and we got access to Elite-Slot groups of Klaivex...es...Klaivexes....? Hmm, you get my point, haha. Being able to run units of Klaivexes like we can run units of Trueborn would be hot, as long as they get grenades, of course.

@PainReaver wrote:
That aside, what's the rationale for 5-girl squads rather than 9/10?

Kehmor did a pretty fine job of explaining my points on this one. It gives you 2 extra obsec units(the wyches + transport), and gives you another Hekatrix + agoniser, which is really the sole damage dealer of the unit. She'll kill more than the rest of the squad combined regardless of whether that squad is 5 or 10, except possibly against orks with 6+ saves.

_________________
Back to top Go down
 
1250 pt Assault-themed Cult list
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Army Lists
-
Jump to: