HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 15 2016, 15:02

True, but they are likely out of double-tap and melta range reducing damage that you would have taken. Given that basic bolters can damage all but NONE of the things in our army it is making the best of a bad situation. You would also be able to attack the disembarked infantry from range with surviving Venoms for a late turn objective grab.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 15 2016, 15:26

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
You would also be able to attack the disembarked infantry from range with surviving Venoms for a late turn objective grab.

Just so I know I'm understanding, do you mean a late GAME objective grab?

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 15 2016, 15:43

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
@Evil Space Elves wrote:
You would also be able to attack the disembarked infantry from range with surviving Venoms for a late turn objective grab.

Just so I know I'm understanding, do you mean a late GAME objective grab?

Or LATE GAME TURN if we want to get fancy. Seems fairly obvious. Razz

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 15 2016, 16:09

Hey, no need to get your panties in a bunch. It's commonly viewed that late game means "On a late turn", and late turn means "in a late phase". I'm not the one who used the wrong terminology. I was just making sure you weren't talking about some obscure move I hadn't heard about. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 15 2016, 16:18

If he has range and LoS from the pod location to your army location, and also is on an objective you need to win, then you're obligated to kill those Marines (sounds like you would anyway, with them being probably Devs) and also kill the pod (or at least contest the objective depending on the needs in the mission). The one plus is usually if they are doing this you are likely to get some cover saves against them at the very least.

I forget the specific conversation or who brought it up, but suspect their core concept was pulling away the Sternguard-esque drops, or any assault drops, that will be inclined to drop into your face at your chosen deployment location.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sun Jun 19 2016, 03:20

It was great to have everyone's input. Can't wait to be on it again with ear plugs I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Thu Jun 23 2016, 19:41

I was wondering when the next episode will be released. You are doing a good job, pinpointing and highlighting the different units and their use. I have been following the discussion in the tactics forum where grotesques, null deployment and my thread about scourges have been brought up. Since null-deployment was seen in fifth edition, it was an interesting topic. My thread became a vast discussion, which shows there is a lot to say even about the less commonly used units.

The banner! Raise the banner!

Last edited by Hellraiser on Mon Jun 27 2016, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Thu Jun 23 2016, 20:43

We release on the first Wednesday of every month. Thanks for listening!

Back to top Go down
kabal_jagged_eye
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Fri Jul 01 2016, 13:24

An excellent podcast that draws away from the continual negative vibe that the Dark Eldar seem to be unnecessarily receiving as of late. I can understand some players perceptions in comparison to the top tier armies at tournament level, however, I personally have nothing but positive experiences playing my Dark Eldar army with my gaming group.

As Dark Eldar players, I believe we have some of, if not, the best looking models available and a backstory to boot.

ESE, Thor, Spider and Scorpion nailed the point on the head noting that many who come into the Dark Eldar camp play the army with the wrong mindset, and this is not their fault. The army is possibly one of the most difficult to build and wield on the tabletop due to the playstyle and the pointing of units and upgrades compared to newer 7th edition books.

Again, many thanks for the podcast and please keep pressing on painting the Dark Eldar in a positive light for the community.
Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Mon Oct 10 2016, 06:25

Awesome Podcast ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Fri Oct 14 2016, 06:01

@gvcolor wrote:
Awesome Podcast ! cheers

Thank you! Where abouts are you located in the East Bay?

Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sun Oct 16 2016, 19:31

Yup! I'm over in Martinez
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sun Oct 16 2016, 20:11

@gvcolor wrote:
Yup! I'm over in Martinez
Close!

Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Fri Oct 21 2016, 00:21

Close when there is no traffic! Do have good group place to play in Santa Cruz??
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sat Oct 22 2016, 22:59

@gvcolor wrote:
Close when there is no traffic! Do have good group place to play in Santa Cruz??

Mythic Games in SC is a great store to play at. Unfortunately 40K is pretty dead here right now, especially for pickup gaming. The guys from Faultline Gaming Silicon Valley play a lot over in Mountain View and are a really great group.

Back to top Go down
smith1186
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Tue Oct 25 2016, 06:59

@kabal_jagged_eye wrote:

ESE, Thor, Spider and Scorpion nailed the point on the head noting that many who come into the Dark Eldar camp play the army with the wrong mindset, and this is not their fault. The army is possibly one of the most difficult to build and wield on the tabletop due to the playstyle and the pointing of units and upgrades compared to newer 7th edition books.

Too true, I have been playing casually for years and am now getting back into the game and I STILL look for tactical help figuring out ways to make the 'Evil Elves Twig Army' more effective.

On another note, I am still re-listening to this episode over and over. Great Stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
yukondal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Mon Jan 16 2017, 04:31

I listened to it multiple times as well.

Great podcast guys, keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: