HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Thu Jun 02 2016, 01:55

Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider
We are joined by very special guests Skari from the SkaredCast YouTube channel and Lawrence Baker from Tabletop Tactics to talk Dark Eldar tactics! With all of the doom and gloom over passengers of jinking transports having to snapfire and other silliness we thought it was time to bring on a couple of heavy hitters that have been winning consistently with Dark Eldar in today's crazy meta. This is our best tactics episode to date!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Thu Jun 02 2016, 17:57

Well done.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Fri Jun 03 2016, 09:08

Awesome interviews guys!!

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Fri Jun 03 2016, 16:12

It was lovely to hear from people having success with DE. This episode definitely convinced me on the utility of abandoning your transports, and abandoning raiders in favor of venoms.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sat Jun 04 2016, 00:15

It was a blast to be on the podcast!
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Deathwasp11
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sat Jun 04 2016, 01:38

Loved this episode. It was like sexy drenched in gasoline and lit on fire.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sat Jun 04 2016, 02:17

@Skari wrote:
It was a blast to be on the podcast!
It was a lot of fun for me also.
That said, if you ever come back - you're getting yourself some ear buds Very Happy

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Deathwasp11
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sat Jun 04 2016, 08:47

All fuor of you guys always do a great job on your respective projects, and having all of you on one podcast was great.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sun Jun 05 2016, 18:08

The podcast was interesting, I see people discussing the rule of 9s in a thread as well. When I heard that I immediately thought of my own fathers rule of the 9 but it doesn't have anything to do with table top so not really relevant.
Back to top Go down
Adma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Sun Jun 05 2016, 22:38

Well done; a pleasure to listen to. Refreshing tactics talk!
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Mon Jun 06 2016, 17:32

Hells yea. What i have been waiting for. A new tactics for the new rules. Cant wait to see GWs faq on our book to see what happends. But DE is my go to turnament army. Because its one i can always have fun and win most of the time.

Thank you guys. Skari and Spider you guys are great.

Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Tue Jun 07 2016, 11:35

If you want to actually win with DE you have to practice and learn and experiment and then practice and learn and experiment some more etc. etc...

This is why i LOVE playing DE, also because i love my 24 reavers like my own children! Very Happy

When you win vs top tier decurions, formations and stupid powerful deathstars with your DE primary army people lose their minds!

"My tournament list lost to dark eldar...  to DARK ELDAR!! Obviously this was due to pure luck! The internet said i should have won!"

Their lamentations and tears are ambrosia to me.  drunken
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Tue Jun 07 2016, 16:15

Great podcast as usual. Too bad I didn't know in advance such quality players were taking part. I'd have loved hearing them how they deal with Eldar or Corsairs in greater depth...

Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Tue Jun 07 2016, 21:45

As a point of order: during the podcast one of the presenters said multi assaults against 3+ units are prevented by the rules. Can someone point that out to me in the book? Mine seems to say you can assault more than two.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 08 2016, 04:00

@Jimsolo wrote:
As a point of order: during the podcast one of the presenters said multi assaults against 3+ units are prevented by the rules. Can someone point that out to me in the book? Mine seems to say you can assault more than two.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but my guess is that they're talking about the common misconception that multi-charges are easy to qualify for. They're not. 90% of the time we see someone multi-charge, it's likely an illegal multi-charge.

You have to NOT be able to get into base contact with your primary target before you can send a model towards your secondary target, and you still have to remain in coherency with your unit. There are further requirements that make it even more sticky, but it's actually really rare to even meet these 2. If you're 4 inches from a 5 man squad you're targeting for a charge, and you roll 8 inches, the odds that you can't get every member of your squad in base contact with that squad is really, really small. (They may have FAQed the coherency part at some point)

Also, I'd have to look, but does it ever tell you that you can nominate a tertiary target? I recall it mentioning secondary target. If that's the only wording it uses, that'd also limit it.

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 08 2016, 04:40

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
Great podcast as usual. Too bad I didn't know in advance such quality players were taking part. I'd have loved hearing them how they deal with Eldar or Corsairs in greater depth...

Sounds like a good idea for another episode.... Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 08 2016, 05:32

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
@Jimsolo wrote:

I haven't listened to the podcast, but my guess is that they're talking about the common misconception that multi-charges are easy to qualify for. They're not. 90% of the time we see someone multi-charge, it's likely an illegal multi-charge.

You have to NOT be able to get into base contact with your primary target before you can send a model towards your secondary target, and you still have to remain in coherency with your unit. There are further requirements that make it even more sticky, but it's actually really rare to even meet these 2. If you're 4 inches from a 5 man squad you're targeting for a charge, and you roll 8 inches, the odds that you can't get every member of your squad in base contact with that squad is really, really small. (They may have FAQed the coherency part at some point)

Also, I'd have to look, but does it ever tell you that you can nominate a tertiary target? I recall it mentioning secondary target. If that's the only wording it uses, that'd also limit it.

It just says that all targets which aren't the primary are secondary targets (plural) and specifies at the beginning of the section that multi charges can be carried out against two or more units.

And, side note, the rule is not that you have to not be able to get into base contact with the primary target, it's that you have to not be able to get into base contact with an unengaged model in the primary unit. (So once all models in the primary unit are engaged you can multi charge freely as long as you maintain unit coherency--that restriction has not been lifted.)
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 08 2016, 10:00

Firstly this podcast is brilliant! Big thanks to all involved for bring us archons an excellent resource! cheers cheers cheers

@Jimsolo wrote:

I'm was curious about that too.

Another thing mentioned was how tau SMS cannot target what it cannot LOS when intercepting. Shocked Is this true???
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 08 2016, 19:59

@Painjunky wrote:
Another thing mentioned was how tau SMS cannot target what it cannot LOS when intercepting.  Shocked  Is this true???
As stands, yes - interceptor requires line of site to activate, so whether or not the weapon requires it is immaterial.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 08 2016, 21:48

I seem no not be able to download your episode... Where can I do that?

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 08 2016, 22:00

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Thu Jun 09 2016, 05:40

Nope. Not working. That only takes me to a homepage where I can listen to that... Sad

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Thu Jun 09 2016, 05:45

@CptMetal http://splintermind.libsyn.com/webpage/2016/06 right click the direct download and save link as.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 15 2016, 14:29

An excellent episode chaps. Found it very interesting to see whats been working well and definitely some tips I'll take from that. Kudos as always.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider   Wed Jun 15 2016, 14:55

Nice episode but what are you doing against pod armies when you stay away from objectives and he nevertheless puts a pod on it because his guys inside have enough Range in most cases.

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 24: Dark Eldar Tactics with Skari and the Spider
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: