HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

ITC 1650 competative tips/builds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Welkren Wanderlust
Slave

PostSubject: ITC 1650 competative tips/builds   Mon May 30 2016, 09:39

Hey guys! Been crunching the numbers for a few weeks on the DE codex and after lots of drafts this is what I came up with for the most efficient list in ITC I can write with the book. Feedback would be much appreciated, let me know what you think. Smile

1650 CAD
+ HQ (10pts) +
-Lhameans

+ Elites (390pts) +
Blasterborn (195pts) (5 trueborn, 4 blasters, venom w/ cannon]
-Dracon [Haywire, Splinter Pistol]
Blasterborn (195pts) (5 trueborn, 4 blasters, venom w/ cannon]
-Dracon [Haywire, Splinter Pistol]

+ Troops (360pts) +
Kabalite Warriors (120pts) [5 warriors, blaster, venom w/ cannon]

+ Fast Attack (400pts) +
Razorwing Jetfighter (140pts) [2 Dark Lances]
Razorwing Jetfighter (140pts) [2 Dark Lances]
Scourges (120pts) [5 scourges, 4 haywire blasters]

+ Heavy Support (490pts) +
Ravager (125pts) [3 Dark Lance]
Ravager (125pts) [3 Dark Lance]
Talos Squad (240pts) [2 talos, no upgrades]

Quick explaination on how I came up to this list:

I love how flavorful our HQ choices are, but they are all point-for-point overcosted right now considering how much str6+ is in the game right now. The ability to take a 10pt hq to fulfil your tax and set it on your infield objective that you placed out of LoS to hold that objective all game is actually a huge advantage that DE have and in my opinion if you are not doing this you are not trying to maximize your competitiveness. DE’s strength in ITC should be always winning Maelstrom secondary, lists should be build to maximize this to compensate for always losing kill points. .
Blasterborn Dracon is both for warlord trait and to maximize how often the unit can strip 3 hull points in 1 volley. Pistol is to give trueborn the opportunity to pop a rhino and assault the inhabitants to prevent them from firing bolters in their turn if the need be, 17 attacks on the charge is not awful especially once furious charge kicks in.
Ravagers are still good, but especially with the new flier rules razorwings should be your dedicated FA slot. I haven’t gotten to crunch the numbers with all the new flier bonuses or to see if razorwings should be in a flier wing, i’ll report back when i know. As it stands the versatility and increased survivability of Razorwings beats the minor points decrease of Ravagers until you fill up your FA slots and have to pour over into HS. Ravager’s importance is for t1 popping transports so venom cannons can lay in, after t1 razorwings are better in every respect.
Double Talos is for controlling the center field. Unit diversification is the name of  the game in this book and the idea is that the things that are good against most of your army are bad against the Talos.

21 dark light (10 lance, 11 blaster), 6 haywire, 12 Venom Cannon

Nothing especially groundbreaking here, One thing I will note is how strong reavers are on paper. 9 reavers with 3 caltrops is 189 points and is capable of surrounding and destroying a rhino to deny escape to the guys inside. They also can direct and deflect charges by turbo-boosting into rings and V shapes around small squads. They didn’t make the cut here due to the number of FA slots available, in a doubleCAD or a realspace raiders detachment they should be present. I wanted to find a way to justify a WWP archon, but with how many points you spend it ends up being a t3 farsightbomb and never really makes its points back before dying. any advice from the more Veteran DE players on competitive DE?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1650 competative tips/builds   Mon May 30 2016, 13:33

With regards to the blasterborn, why do you have two Dracons? If this will be your Warlord, you will only need one.

Also, what was that point about equipping them with the pistol?

Have you ever tried the Razorwing with Dissies and the SC? I have found that for 140 pts, its an amazing anti heavy infantry model. Something that we can lack in our lists.

My $0.02
Back to top Go down
Welkren Wanderlust
Slave

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1650 competative tips/builds   Mon May 30 2016, 19:34

the argument for the double dracon was to maximize how often blasterborn will do 3hp to a transport so the rest of your venoms can murder whats inside, transport spam is really hard for DE to deal with. the pistol is to give them the option to charge the guys in the transport themselves to keep bolters from firing on their turn, since blasterborn should be shooting at tough targets and vehicles the 1 poison shot you lose switching to pistol is less relevant than the 1 attack (5 total) that the dracon gains should you need to charge a squad to tie them up.

I haven't tried the dissie razorwing yet, razorwing is in specifically to handle FMC (hive tyrant) and backfield artillery right now but if I were on triple ravager I could see the dissie razorwings. To me it seemed like dropping the 4 missiles is plenty of anti-infantry and it was better to keep every model in the army with a divers weapon selection since you never know which ones will still be on the table due to their relative fragility.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1650 competative tips/builds   Tue May 31 2016, 16:38

A few concerns I'd have:

1 - Blasterborn aren't very good, in my opinion. It's more efficient to just use ravagers for dark lances, who get AV 11 instead of AV10 making them immune to bolter fire, or haywire blasters from scourges or Talos. They also have DOUBLE the range, so they can stay away from danger easier, whereas blasterborn have to get into the perfect range to be charged just to be able to fire.

2 - Blasters on squads of warriors are expensive and make them inefficient. If you're shooting at something that their poison is effective against, you're wasting 15 points on a blaster, and if you're shooting something your blaster is effective against, like vehicles or infantry with 2+ armour, you're wasting 32 points worth of splinter fire.

3 - The jetfighters...I don't know if you're using the death from the skies rules, but if they are, that makes our jetfighters significantly worse against ground targets, while air targets are kind of "meh" anyhow. If you wanted to make sure you had air to participate in the air element of the game, having 1 is fine. Having 2, in my opinion, is over commiting to a part of the game that likely won't be as instrumental in winning as having more "boots on the ground" would be.

If you followed my advice and dropped both blasterborn, 1 jetfighter, and the blasters from the warriors, that's 575 points. That's enough to bump your 2 Talos up to 5 Talos in a corpsthief claw formation, giving them scout, 5 twin-linked haywire blasters, 4 ichor injectors, and giving you a third triple-lance ravager. The 5 twin-linked haywire blasters will be pretty reliable at taking out a 3 hp tank per turn, and the extra points they get any time they kill something will help you secure victory in the overall game. The ichor injectors will allow you to hurt tough things like wraithknights on a 2+ instead of a 5+ in CC.

Anyhow, good luck with whatever way you decide to go! Wink

PostSubject: Re: ITC 1650 competative tips/builds   Wed Jun 01 2016, 16:03

I'd see if there is anyway to shave points and get ichors on those pain engines (or at least one of them). It makes thunder puppies and other MCs cry and their tears are delicious.

ITC 1650 competative tips/builds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: