Share | 

First game with Death from the Skies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fauxmonculus
Hellion

PostSubject: First game with Death from the Skies   Sun May 22 2016, 00:40

I didn't win, but it was fun!

I took the Blackheart Talon formation, four flyers turning up together is impressive, and firing off all the Shatterfield missiles at once was just as amusing as I'd hoped.

Some random observations:

Multiple flyers take up a huge amount of space on a 6x4 table. In addition to my four, my opponents had two Doom Scythes, a Night Scythe and two Stormhawks. The table got very crowded at one point.

After reading the rules, no one wanted to dogfight.

The BS reduction for shooting at ground targets with fighters wasn't much of an issue when using missiles. After that I was trying to hunt flyers, so it was immaterial.

The Stormhawk is very good at shooting down other flyers through sheer weight of fire.

Break turns are great, and really give our flyers a feeling of maneuverability that's been lacking until now. Unfortunately, although I was able to get on the Stormhawks' six, two Dark Lances weren't enough to finish the job. I think Crimson Hunters may be necessary.

I am still absolutely unable to hit anything with void mines, but that has nothing to do with Death from the Skies. Smile
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: First game with Death from the Skies   Sun May 22 2016, 05:17

@Fauxmonculus wrote:

Multiple flyers take up a huge amount of space on a 6x4 table. In addition to my four, my opponents had two Doom Scythes, a Night Scythe and two Stormhawks. The table got very crowded at one point.
This - very much.  Trying to keep flyers in formation becomes quite a chore, especially if there is any substantial terrain on the table.  I'm having trouble even imagining 9 flyers on a normal table.
@Fauxmonculus wrote:

After reading the rules, no one wanted to dogfight.
Pretty much been my experience.
@Fauxmonculus wrote:

Break turns are great, and really give our flyers a feeling of maneuverability that's been lacking until now. Unfortunately, although I was able to get on the Stormhawks' six, two Dark Lances weren't enough to finish the job. I think Crimson Hunters may be necessary.
The added agility bonus and the formations are probably my favorite parts of the supplement... not sure they're worth $58 + the cost of more flyers, but that's the game I guess.
Back to top Go down

First game with Death from the Skies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: