Share | 

Assault Troop Analysis

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Thu Nov 17 2016, 15:27

As others have said, the purpose of this analysis was to see what was the "most point efficient damage dealer when assaulting". Things like resiliency were not taken into account.

Its farily easy to calculate, the trouble is finding what your comparing against. Some obvious cases would be vs bolters, grav guns and plasma. Of course, actual game-play will change all this (playing whitescar bikers you would see lots of grav and bolters, but no plasma).

Clearly your question is "what is the most useful unit", but that question just has so many dimensions it is very hard to grasp in a single thread. Basically though, the unit is Grots. More Grots and more venoms.
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Thu Nov 17 2016, 17:48

Grots - got it - thanks all.

I'll avoid building that 10-strong Lhamaen unit.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Thu Nov 17 2016, 20:12

Hey, under certain circumstances, that 10 man lhamean squad could really rock socks. Especially for its measily 100 pt price tag (155 with raider obviously). Its just not as survivable as 3 grots (who clock in at 105).
Back to top Go down
KiloFiX
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Fri Nov 18 2016, 01:22

But back to resiliency then - with only a lousy 5+ and no grenades, wouldn't Lhamean die even faster than Wyches, the fact that they hit hard notwithstanding?

Or am I missing something? Sorry, not trying to be difficult, just trying to determine the optimal assault unit, all things considered. Still Grots I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Fri Nov 18 2016, 11:29

Review of Wyches on Frontline Gaming. If anything, I think that review is overly optimistic about Wyches.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Fri Nov 18 2016, 12:32

Well, keep in mind that those Lhameans are striking at I5 and always wound on 2's. There are a few high T units with poor saves that would get killed before getting a chance to strike back. Or have few attacks, so it doesnt matter that the Lhamean is armored with paper towel.

I am thinking Riptide/Stormsurge/carnifex that would be in for a bad time, especially with the ID on 6's
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Fri Nov 18 2016, 13:36

So, oddly, Lhamaeans might be quite good against a squad of Grots...

Either that or the Lhamaeans would kill all but one Grot, which would then Rampage and chew through the remaining Lhamaeans...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   Fri Nov 18 2016, 18:49

Yes, they would basically be Mutually Assured Destruction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assault Troop Analysis   

Back to top Go down

Assault Troop Analysis
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: