HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solirite Fahrtahr
Slave
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-05-07
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Sun May 08 2016, 00:06

First before you continue reading pick up the rulebook and codex.

Rulebook page 122 ( Combine Arms Detachment)
With this you can paint the troops as you wish for this setup to work.

Next pick up the codex page 72. Succubus
Read the info that is given and about the "Brides of Death".
How to get 3 Succubus playable?

Now to the fun part.

We got 3 cults in the book.
Page 28 - 29 Cult of Strife
Page 30 The Cult of the Cursed Blade
Page 31 The Cult of the Red Grief

To make the Brides of Death to work, fallow first FoC in the codex page 110.

Idé to make 3 cults in 1 force.

1. Paint this as the Cult of the Red Grief or Cursed Blade (Avoid cult of strife)
HQ Succubus
Troop 1 Wyches
Troop 2 Wyches
Fast Attach Raider

2. Paint this as the other one of the suggestions (Avoid cult of strife)
HQ Succubus
Troop 1 Wyches
Troop 2 Wyches

3. Paint a unit of Bloodbride as Cult of Strife
Let them fallow Lelith Hesperax for a character does not have to be an HQ choice.

So I made a small list to see how it would look like.

The Cult of Red Grief                    

HQ 1                                                
Succubus 160 pts                                
- The Parasite's Kiss              
- The Armour of Misery              
- Djin Blade  
- Webway Portal  

Troop 1                                            

Wyches                                      
10 models 155 pts          
Hekatrix              
- Heywire Grenades          
- Agoniser                          
3 st Wych Cult Weapons                

Troop 2                                          

Wyches                            
10 models 155 pts          
Hekatrix                            
- Heywire Grenades          
- Agoniser                            
3 st Wych Cult Weapons                  


Fast Attack 1

Raider 55

 The Cult of the Cursed Blade

HQ 2                                                
Succubus 160pts                               
- The Parasite's Kiss
- The Armour of Misery                
- Djin Blade
- Webway Portal  

Troop 1                                            

Wyches 155 pts                                      
10 models          
Hekatrix                              
- Heywire Grenades          
- Agoniser                        
3 st Wych Cult Weapons          
       

Troop 2                                          

Wyches  155pts                          
10 models          
Hekatrix                              
- Heywire Grenades            
- Agoniser                            
3 st Wych Cult Weapons                  




Elite 1 (Paint them as Cult of Strife)

Blood Bride/145 pts.
( Lelith Hesperax ) Character 150
- Impaler

total 1270 pts

Enjoy ;D

Edited to exclude individual point costs - Cavash


Last edited by Cavash on Sun May 08 2016, 00:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammer ;D)
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3064
Join date : 2013-10-31
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Sun May 08 2016, 00:31

I think you're mistaken. Characters don't always have to be HQs, but Lelith always does, because that's her battlefield role on her datasheet.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Sun May 08 2016, 00:49

@Jimsolo wrote:
I think you're mistaken. Characters don't always have to be HQs, but Lelith always does, because that's her battlefield role on her datasheet.

Confirmed.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Solirite Fahrtahr
Slave
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-05-07
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Sun May 08 2016, 00:54

@Jimsolo wrote:
I think you're mistaken. Characters don't always have to be HQs, but Lelith always does, because that's her battlefield role on her datasheet.

an Independent Character can join any unit but he/she will loose the warlord trait that is given on the profile.


All Characters is refered as a HQ choice on the reference, but she is a character, an independent character.

Page 166 in the rulebook.

Wile the independent character is part of the unit, he counts "as part" of the unit for the rules purposes, though he still fallow the rules for character.

Page 100.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Sun May 08 2016, 01:55

But that doesn't happen until she joins a unit, and you can't join a unit until deployment.

Checking to see if your list is legal or not happens before deployment. Wink

_________________
Back to top Go down
Solirite Fahrtahr
Slave
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-05-07
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Sun May 08 2016, 02:07

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
But that doesn't happen until she joins a unit, and you can't join a unit until deployment.

Checking to see if your list is legal or not happens before deployment. Wink

page 166.

An independent Character can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in reseve, by you informing your opponent of witch unit it has joined.


So have her in reserve with the Bloodbrides painted as the cult of strife and send her in with the webway portal that is given to the succubus.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Sun May 08 2016, 02:26

@Solirite Fahrtahr wrote:
@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
But that doesn't happen until she joins a unit, and you can't join a unit until deployment.

Checking to see if your list is legal or not happens before deployment. Wink

page 166.

An independent Character can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in reseve, by you informing your opponent of witch unit it has joined.


So have her in reserve with the Bloodbrides painted as the cult of strife and send her in with the webway portal that is given to the succubus.

Both of the highlighted things happen during gameplay. Checking to see if your list is legal happens before that. You can't have a list that is dependent on deploying in a particular way to be legal, because deployment/reserves are only declared after both players have legal lists and choose to play a game.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2013-12-18
Location : Hampshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Tue May 10 2016, 11:30

I'm afraid everyone is right.
You have to make a legal army list BEFORE depolyment.


Also, as a brief side point, Wychesa are an absolutely terrible unit in the game. THere is no reason to take them in any army, and taking an army filled with them is frankly bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Tue May 10 2016, 11:53

@Solirite Fahrtahr wrote:
@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
But that doesn't happen until she joins a unit, and you can't join a unit until deployment.

Checking to see if your list is legal or not happens before deployment. Wink

page 166.

An independent Character can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in reseve, by you informing your opponent of witch unit it has joined.


So have her in reserve with the Bloodbrides painted as the cult of strife and send her in with the webway portal that is given to the succubus.

That's certainly one of the more erm...unusual interpretations of the rules that I've seen. I'm afraid it's wrong though. Without going Unbound you cannot simply pick a unit that you don't have room for in your Force Organisation Chart. Lelith is an HQ unit. You need a spare HQ 'slot' in order to field her in your army.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Tue May 10 2016, 12:38

@Squidmaster wrote:
I'm afraid everyone is right.
You have to make a legal army list BEFORE depolyment.


Also, as a brief side point, Wychesa are an absolutely terrible unit in the game. THere is no reason to take them in any army, and taking an army filled with them is frankly bad.

Surely he can just take two CADs anyway as he has the troops for it. Also this is obviously intended to be a fluffy army - I wouldn't judge it on its competitive merit
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2968
Join date : 2013-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Tue May 10 2016, 13:37

Yeah, I was about to suggest the same thing - just take 2 CADs, then you have 4 HQ slots to play around with.

@Kehmor wrote:
Also this is obviously intended to be a fluffy army - I wouldn't judge it on its competitive merit

'Fluffy' and 'competitive' are not mutually exclusive.

Also, I suspect the narrative of 'the wytch cult who burned to death in agony after their raiders exploded on turn 1' will get old pretty fast. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Tue May 10 2016, 13:41

@The Shredder wrote:


'Fluffy' and 'competitive' are not mutually exclusive.

 

Well pretty hard to run a wych cult themed army without some wyches Razz

Back to top Go down
Solirite Fahrtahr
Slave
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-05-07
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Wed May 11 2016, 10:48

I did get a mail from gamefaqs@gwplc, the answer I seek to get it to work is on page 117. I have to declare this formation unbound to get it to work.
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Wed May 11 2016, 13:01

@Solirite Fahrtahr wrote:
I did get a mail from gamefaqs@gwplc, the answer I seek to get it to work is on page 117. I have to declare this formation unbound to get it to work.

You can definitely do a bound list with the units you listed. Just use two allied combined arms detachments.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 326
Join date : 2011-05-14
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Wed May 11 2016, 15:08

You can definitely use these models in Unbound, but Lelith will still be a HQ choice. Nothing changes the fact that Leliths Role is HQ, even if she joins a unit, and therefore counts as part of that unit. I can't take Marneus Calgar in the place of a Veteran Sergeant in a Tactical Squad, just because they're both Characters, as there's no option for Tactical Squads, or Bloodbrides in your example, to take anything other than a Veteran Sergeant and Syren respectively. This is like saying I can get free units above what the CAD states by starting them embarked inside a Fast Attack Raider/Venom, as they count as one unit while embarked. That might be true, but it doesn't change the fact that on my roster and army list it's a unit of Incubi using up an Elites choice, as well as a Raider being Fast Attack. That logic would make the CAD basically useless, and mean your army isn't legal unless your HQ unit starts the game not joined or embarked on anything, as otherwise it counts as part of that unit, and therefore not counting towards your minimum HQ choice

_________________
It's our galaxy, you just die in it...
Back to top Go down
Solirite Fahrtahr
Slave
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-05-07
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Thu May 12 2016, 21:13

@Aroshamash wrote:
You can definitely use these models in Unbound, but Lelith will still be a HQ choice. Nothing changes the fact that Leliths Role is HQ, even if she joins a unit, and therefore counts as part of that unit. I can't take Marneus Calgar in the place of a Veteran Sergeant in a Tactical Squad, just because they're both Characters, as there's no option for Tactical Squads, or Bloodbrides in your example, to take anything other than a Veteran Sergeant and Syren respectively. This is like saying I can get free units above what the CAD states by starting them embarked inside a Fast Attack Raider/Venom, as they count as one unit while embarked. That might be true, but it doesn't change the fact that on my roster and army list it's a unit of Incubi using up an Elites choice, as well as a Raider being Fast Attack. That logic would make the CAD basically useless, and mean your army isn't legal unless your HQ unit starts the game not joined or embarked on anything, as otherwise it counts as part of that unit, and therefore not counting towards your minimum HQ choice  

I see your point. Still silly that the "Brides of Death" was put in the page 72 with no possible ways to use it.

Should give GW a slap in the face.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 326
Join date : 2011-05-14
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Thu May 12 2016, 23:02

Well, you can, you just need to take multiple Detachments, so in larger games, like what would fit a raid that captures the attentions of all 3 leaders. That, or as you've said, go Unbound and take whatever you want. I'm hoping for a Wych Cult supplement that allows 3 HQ choices in their unique detachment, similar to the Covens book.

_________________
It's our galaxy, you just die in it...
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Thu May 12 2016, 23:12

I used to want a wych cult supplement when that was all we could legitimately hope for. But after 2 years without getting one, now I just want a new codex.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Solirite Fahrtahr
Slave
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2016-05-07
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Fri May 13 2016, 16:21

What about a new codex.. with a wych cult supplement on day one Very Happy I did some check up and it is true that there is to few that uses wyches today. Sad
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2968
Join date : 2013-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Fri May 13 2016, 16:28

@Solirite Fahrtahr wrote:
What about a new codex.. with a wych cult supplement on day one Very Happy

Or, you know, they could just put that stuff in the actual codex. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1898
Join date : 2013-12-18
Location : Hampshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   Fri May 13 2016, 18:28

I'd say its unlikely.
We're far more likely to get a Decurion style formation out of a campaign rather than a fresh Codex solo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)   

Back to top Go down
 
Brides of Death Tactics ( 3 Succubus)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: