AuthorMessage
spect_spidey
Slave

PostSubject: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Tue Apr 26 2016, 22:26

So I traded a Dark Angels army for a Dark Eldar one. Here is what I received:

4 Venoms (dual splinter cannons)
4 Raiders (all w/disintegrator cannons)
1 Ravager (w/dark lances)
15 Reavers (couple w/heat lances & 1 w/blaster)
1 Haemonculus
1 Archon
2 Sslyth
1 Lhamean
5 Incubi
5 Wracks (unassembled so I can kit out)
21 Kabalite Warriors (4 w/dark lances)
23 Wyches (think I only saw 1 hydra gauntlet, rest I think were stock equipment)
1 Razorwing Jetfighter
10 Scourges (all shardcarbine)
5 Eldar Fire Dragons
19 Eldar Howling Banshees

I really feel like this is low on anti-tank. The player told me that is what the Fire Dragons were for. What is an immediate unit or two that I need to add to this collection to build a sound army at 1500 points. Also say that currently I could only spend say $50 to $75. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Tue Apr 26 2016, 23:38

Well you actually have a fair bit of anti tank!

The reavers can assault av 10/12(w caltrops).  The scourges can be converted to haywire blaster by purchasing the twinlinked haywire bit off the talos kit ($2.50 and makes 2 haywire blasters) or simply get creative with some of the blade/spikey bits (from kabalite kits) so it looks decently like a haywireblaster.

You can also put some of the dark lance kabalites on a raider and make it a ravager.  Ravagers are some of our best AT you will often see 2-3 in 1500 lists.

Id say you are going to want to pick up an eldar HQ if you plan on allying in the fire dragons.  I wouldnt suggest the banshees though, their speed is just not enough to keep them alive anymore.

Great start though!

spect_spidey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Wed Apr 27 2016, 00:50

Thanks for the reply. The guy I got the army from said that he used the Banshees in the Raiders to get them into assault. He said that he put the Fire Dragons in a Raider as well. He said he ran them as an Aspect Host formation so no HQ from Eldar was required. I don't have a 7th edition Eldar codex, just Harlequins and Dark Eldar codexes, so I am not sure what the bonuses or requirements are to add these Eldar in. I would prefer to not have any allies unless I did Harlequins. Or changed these to Corsairs.
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Wed Apr 27 2016, 01:10

Banshees are mediocre IMO. They are a light assault unit in a shooty meta (although they cant be overwatched).

Its weird that he ran the aspect host like that... Aspect host's "bonus" is picking +1 ws OR +1 bs at the start of the game. Aspect host is actually a really powerful formation that is often taken by DE players. I am not the best to ask about banshees, but those fire dragons can go in a venom or with a WWP in a raider. (Venom is 2 HP/weaponized for light infantry/MC, raider has 3 hp and is weaponized for heavy infantry (or AT with a lance).

You are also correct that with an aspect formation you will not need an eldar HQ. However, keep in mind that farseer's arent exactly a tax... thay can combo really well with DE stuff.

Are there any rules, formation wise or anything like that? what would you want the list to do? I can try and help you start getting something together.

spect_spidey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Wed Apr 27 2016, 12:15

The list I am trying to make is for friendly but competitive play at my local store. We have a tournament every month as well. Sometimes people bring cheese, but most of the time it is fairly casual.

From looking over the codex, I am thinking that I don't really have much use for the Wyches, Wracks (unless I use them to get a Venom), or the Incubi. I probably wouldn't use the Haemonculus or the Archon either. I am thinking to just run the court using the Lhamean and Sslyth in a Venom. I am also thinking of only using on squad of the Scourges. If I have to use the Fire Dragons and Howling Banshees, I will. But my intentions are to replace them as soon as I can. Or if I kinda need the Eldar support to get more Fire Dragons and maybe some Dark Reapers for additional anti-tank.

I am open to suggestions. I have heard that Covens is pretty strong, but what I have on hand doesn't allow me to run anything from that supplement. it looks like the closest I could get would be to buy more Wracks and run the Scalpel formation.
Back to top Go down
spect_spidey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Mon May 02 2016, 22:12

Went and played a game yesterday at the local shop, but I didn't play DE. The guy that I got the army off of was there and he gave me another Razorwing. This one had the disintegrator cannons while the other one has dark lances. Are they worth making room for them in a speed freak type list?
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Mon May 02 2016, 23:29

Yeah the razorwings look like they are going to be nerfed the least in the upcoming rule change so nice grab! (all air is getting nerfed as they can now die before entering play DE will have the best of the new flyer stats, or so that is the rumor)

I would wait until we know all the flyer rules before deciding on how to run them in a list.

They should hit soonish.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Tue May 03 2016, 02:05

If you decide to get rid of the eldar stuff looking for more DE stuff, I might be willing to trade some things for the banshees and fire dragons. If you're interested, just PM me what state you live in. I travel a lot for my job, so if it's a state I go to often, I could physically drop the models off.

However, before you make any major changes to your list of owned models, I'd wait and see what the new flyer book says, as Sully suggested. You may decide you want to run more Eldar later, and then the models will come in handy.

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar Army Acquired   Tue May 03 2016, 16:20

The banshee can be used to create an Eldar Autarch with a banshee mask. This joins one of your squads (like the incibi) so that when they charge you dont have to worry about the overwatch.

Im really kicking myself for not buying a few back in the old days when they sold them individually.
Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar Army Acquired
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: