1850 DE vs Space Puppies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clively
Sybarite

PostSubject: 1850 DE vs Space Puppies   Mon Apr 25 2016, 20:56

Batrep
1850. DE vs Space Puppies

There is a local tourney coming up and my son and I decided to get a bit of practice in first.  The missions are not standard and, I think, are very good for DE.

It's called a turkey shoot.   There are 5 objectives placed, one at the center of each table quarter and one in the middle.  The turkeys are T6, 6W, 4++.  So take a little bit of killing.  

The scoring is:
Primary: 6VP for killing the most turkeys
Secondary: 4VP for most kill points
Tertiary: (1VP each) warlord, first blood, line breaker and last laugh.   Last laugh is a VP scored for the last unit killed.  

Oh, and night fighting is on for the entire first game.  Wink

I took:
Archite Succubus + 3 incubi w/venom and sc
4x  10 warriors w/raider ns, splinter racks
3x   6 Reavers w/2 caltrops and 2 blaster
3x.  5 scourges w/ 4 sc
1x Ravager w/dessies.

The goal of this list is to maximize my ability to kill turkeys T1.  Basically, alpha strike them, claim the initial 6VP then scatter and live long enough to finish the game and get line breaker.   If I'm really lucky I'll pull first blood or warlord as well.

My opponent took ( from memory):
10 Thunderwolves w/ TH SS
20 fenrisian wolves
Land raider
2 groups of long fangs(?)
Generic psyker hq (forgot name)

I won the roll off and elected to deploy/go first.  I split the raiders up between 2 objectives (left and right) and placed 2 Reaver units towards the middle one.  A third set of Reavers was hanging loose in case they needed to help.   I then reserved my scourges and hq.  He outflanked with the wolves, which worked to my favor.

T1 starts and my warrior boats easily kill 2 turkeys.  The two Reaver groups take out the third one; and the third Reaver group pulls off a T1 assault against a group of 5 fenrisian wolves netting me first blood in addition to the primary objective.  

Right out of the gate, my opponent's only way to win is to table me.  

Most of the rest of the game can be summed up as an episode of Scooby Doo where they are running in and out of doors while being chased by the bad guys.  He did end up catching all the raiders and Reavers.  He also killed 2 groups of scourges.  

But just when I thought he had forgotten about his hq hiding in the land raider, he pulled him out to do a psychic attack against my last group of scourges.  That cost him both warlord and gave me the Last Laugh.  

The game ended 9 to 5.  

Now the fun part: my Ravager never made it to the table.  I completely forgot about it.

If I had a heart, I might feel bad for making the game so incredibly hard for my opponent.  However I traded that useless bit of flotsam to the haemonculi a long long time ago and gladly relish the skulls of my enemy crushed beneath my feet.  

*snicker*

Game 2 is similar to Game 1 except that night fighting is only T1.

Game 3 adds 8 Supply Crates. The crates give various bonuses when opened.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE vs Space Puppies   Tue Apr 26 2016, 12:31

Way to play to the mission. Good job
Back to top Go down
Calindor
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE vs Space Puppies   Tue Apr 26 2016, 14:40

Congratulation to a nice win Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE vs Space Puppies   

Back to top Go down