HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Sea Vipers Kabal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haridar
Hellion

PostSubject: Sea Vipers Kabal    Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:29

Wel hello Dark City, I finally got to this topic!
It was a long coming due to some issues in my life. But now I am ready to take you aboard my adventure on creating my band of scallywags and mangy space elf pirates. So get aboard my Raider and let's roll. And yes - you won;t be chopped for pieces for touching that Raider - just don't fall from it.

So, why I didn't start any project logs or topics anywhere? Well, the reasons why are:
- I'm not a great painter and I learn to make it otherwise
- I want my army make me proud
- Not all methods I tried are effective for creating an army

My first attempt to make dark eldar army was not that succesful as I wanted, so I cleaned all minis I had and started on thinking what other ways I could go to achieve my goal. After a few months surfing through a lot of topics and forums I picked an idea of a guy who made an amazing tutorial for Alpha Legion (pre-heresy version) and it made so exited that I decided to try his method. So far, I am happy with the result, but I need to finish some models first. Then I can tell finally IMAO about it.

My list of models for Kabal, most of them got passed to me from people who quited playing due to "AWESOME" meta in Russia:

HQ
- Archon Saerion the Bitter Sea (leader of Sea Vipers) - WIP
- The Mathlann - Saerion's personal customised Venom - WIP
- Archon (just some random guy) - primed and magnetized
- Lhamean - bare resin
- Haemonculus Mnaeson Kul - bare plastic bits

Troops
- 10 Kabalites - primed and painted in silver
- 10 Kabalites - on srprues/bare plastic

Dedicated transports
- 2 Raiders - painted in metal base
- 2 Venoms - painted in metal base

Fast Attack
- 9 Reaver Jetbikes - 3 assebled, other 6 waiting to be assembled
- 5 Scourges - assembled plastic
- Razorwing Jetfigter - painted in metal base
- 2 Beastmasters - under reconstruction and cleaning
- 10 Khymerae - 1 painted/9 to go
- 4 Clawed Fiends - 1 painted/3 to go

Heavy Support
- Ravager - painted in metal base

Right now I don't have great quality camera on hand, but that is not for long. Stay tuned!

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:34

So, right now my table is covered with this WIPs

Razorwing:

Venoms:

Reaver Jetbike:

Kabalite WIP:

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Mon Apr 25 2016, 10:52

Looking decent so far!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Haridar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Fri Jul 29 2016, 22:23

Well, how goes it, Dark City?
I actually doing my project still, but because of my work I don't have much time right now (Russia is actualy quite full with tourists to my surprise, especially here). But not to leave you hanging, I made some snap shots with my army. Don't mind the dust though - in July I barely can to leave them clean for a day or two.

Kabalites:

Reavers:

Ravager (the same stuff with Raiders) :

Venoms :

Razorwing Jetfighter:

And a little funny stuff. I actually was very inspired by the head of a Bloodwrack Medusa and I actually borrowed one from a guy who didn't need it. I imagined it as a brass mask that had a cool animated serpents, but in reality the head is too huge for such torso, not to tell about 5th edition archon. And even if I try to saw the few heads - it ruins the idea and the head itself actually looks wierd on such torso. Would like to hear your thoughts. I actually thinking now to find some bare kabalite head (maybe from Venom box) and just make a lot of serpent-like thingies from greenstuff.

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Fri Jul 29 2016, 23:25

The eyes on those helms look menacing. Love it! I have a question about your raider, what are those triangle pieces you've used on the sides of you raider? Looks like something I could use for my raider conversions.

Have you thought about using a Wrack body for that medusa head? I haven't seen Wracks up close but I'm guessing they're bigger than regular kabalites? Or use it on a Haemonculus? A character I always though looked interesting (and I was reminded of when I first saw the current Haemonculus models) was Ursula from the Little Mermaid. You could probably put together an awesome Haemonculus with that medusa head and create some tentacle legs in place of regular legs. Here's a cool pic I found with a quick google image search for inspiration: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Ursula-Little-Mermaid-Concept-337615373

Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Mon Aug 01 2016, 14:11

@Demantiae

Those are the ramps from Ravager kit, to mount the additional 2 weapons.
And about the Usrsula - that is actually a pretty idea, since I have a whole medusa down here - maybe I can pull of something to make it look good as a Haemonculus. Thanks for the tip!

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Tue Aug 02 2016, 01:32

You could also try actually making it a mask. You could try and cut/grind the back part of the head, leaving only the face, and part of the hair, like it was a mask. Then, you get a helmet-less head that you think could fit your Archon, one with a defiant stare, but not shouting(if you have corsairs, their heads tend to be really cool, specially because of the hair), and use a left hand from a Kabalite, those that are used for holding the rifle.

Then, you would glue the mask to the hand, and position the hand so it would place the mask slightly over your archon face, as if him was taking out the mask for a second to scour the horizon or what not. As a right hand, a sword one (pointing could be cool), and as the body I would use a kabalite front torso, and a corsair cloak; this last part to differentiate it from a regular archon, and because the old archon have an furry cloak, and the new archon have a human-like skin cloak, while the corsair have a dragon/snake thing cloak, which works with the snake-like mask.

In general, you could just use the mask idea and forget about the rest, but I can't go to the point for the sake of me, and also I think giving a general idea of how to use it seems logical to me. Also, on the corsair thing, that box is usually AWESOME for dark eldars. I love making units by mixing parts of them, kabalite and wyches. In fact, I'm planning on doing lhamaean by using corsair cloaks, wych front torso and kabalite legs (plus greenstuff, of course).
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Tue Aug 02 2016, 01:43

Nice paint job, I like the way the blue and bronze work together.
Back to top Go down
atlas unbound
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Sat Aug 06 2016, 09:14

Looks excellent so far. The eyes on the kabalites are especially catching. Are you airbrushing all of these models or using brushes?
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Sun Aug 07 2016, 12:16

I use airbrush to make armor, after that I switch to the brushes

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Mon Aug 29 2016, 23:31

I wanted to make a little update, but lately got a little messed up because of my community. And well, I'm sick, and a bit upset with my kind of... a "painting crisis"?
Also, I realised that I actually not that happy how my DE are currently looking on tabletop. Metals are a really messy thing and they tend to become flat and not that interesting, and that is quite upsetting.
Recently I tried to choose another scheme on some test models, but no luck so far. I tried to make a simple teal colour scheme, close to one I made on some kabalite image in my Kabal topic. But, still not that really satisfied with the result.
A few "new scheme shots" :

By the way, any of you repainted all your army of Dark Eldar? And why, if not a secret?

PostSubject: Re: Sea Vipers Kabal    Tue Aug 30 2016, 02:15

Well I haven't repainted them, but I've recently stripped them down to be repainted. The why, well I'm painting them to match my Corsairs so that the magnetized arms and weapons will match no matter which army I'm playing.
Back to top Go down

Sea Vipers Kabal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: