HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych

PostSubject: 1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow   Sun Mar 27 2016, 19:54

There is a 4 tournament circuit called the Battlefield Barrie. It's 1500pts and the top three scores are averaged out in a league style. There are cash prizes! 300 for the top spot... So , I thought it would be fun to try my hand with the Freakshow. Now, there is a 3 detachment limit and the missions are a bit like ITC combined with Nova and some forge the narrative...

This is the list that I am considering-

Dark Eldar CAD - primary
Archon, armour of misery, wwp, blaster

5 true born , 4 blasters
Raider- lance

6 kabalite Warriors
Raider- lance
5 kabalite Warriors
Venom- dual cannon

5 scourge - 4 haywires
Venom- dual cannon

The dark Eldar CAD is the main force about 700pts of the whole army. The kabalites are pretty standard and the Blasterborn are more efficient point wise than a ravager, the wwp will ensure that they get to where they need a go on time and on spot. The scourge are a delicate unit but I love the hull point removal potential.

The next element - formation - Harlequin Heroes Path

Death Jester - haywires

Solitaire

ShadowSeer - lv2, mask of secrets, haywires

So this formation is awesome. I love it. It has taken me a while to get used to running them, but they are really cool. The seer goes in a venom and deepstrikes his shriek and leadership de buff where I need it the most. The solitaire is pure win and so Killy and fast! But will die to a stiff breeze so you have to be careful with him. The death jester is hit or miss, tbh I need more practice using him although in my last game I was very pleased with how I did use him... Have to keep him hidden and the. Bring him out when needed at a key time. The harlequins are the catalyst for the army.

Lastly, it is a competitive event...so an allied detachment of our craftworld cousins was in order!

Allied detachment - Eldar

Spirit seer

3 wind riders
3 wind riders

Hemlock wraithfighter

2 war walkers each with a lance and scatter laser.

Why a spirit seer and not a farseer? It gets a second jetbike unit into the army and fast obsec is gold. The hemlock is a recent addition and I am very pleased with it. The war walkers add tactical flexibility with the ability to scout, outflank as well and since FW is not allowed they are pseudo hornets.

So! What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow   Mon Mar 28 2016, 01:50

I like it. I assume the spirit seer goes into the raider with the kabalite warriors. It has a fair amount of AT at 1500 points, and -4 Ld modifiers to help with the 3 sources of psychic shrieks in the list. Could ruin someone's day.

That said, while I absolutely understand you liking the heroes path, if it were me, I'd probably switch points around to swap that for a grotesquerie. You have 315 points tied up there. That's almost enough to pay for the grotesquerie and a raider, then swap a raider from 1 warrior squad to the other grots(using the transport-less warriors as objective campers in your DZ). Spirit seer could go with 1 grot unit, haemy in the other. It'd give you 1 less shriek and -1Ld instead of -2, but it would cover a wider area with the -1Ld bubble, and it'd give you MUCH more CC power and surviveability.

Different strokes, and all that. Wink

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow   Tue Mar 29 2016, 02:36

Seems like the cast of players is a very popular choice. But I'm really liking the solotaire.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow   Tue Mar 29 2016, 16:50

Was that a response, or just a comment towards no one in particular? lol Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow   Wed Mar 30 2016, 04:33

Well I can give you a more in depth response Smile I'm usually on the run with my phone so I shorten my responses.

I have noticed a lot of people like the cast of players. It comes to fhe same point value as the heroes path usually once you factor in upgrades and what not,

A basic grotesquerie is 390 with like no upgrades... I love grots but they just don't feel propper with the list that I have created...

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow   Wed Mar 30 2016, 05:06

To each his own, I suppose. I've never been one to give a kick about being "proper". Razz

1500 - competitive ITC (ish) - freakshow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: