HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Sun Mar 27 2016, 07:40

Episode 21

Thor and Brian are joined by Cavalier AVA to review the Corsair list from Imperial Armour 11. We talk units, tactics, modeling, and the sad puppy that is Dissonance weaponry.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Krossvain
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Tue Mar 29 2016, 22:25

Mulitphase Key Generator reminds me of the device from Masters of the Universe.

Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Wed Mar 30 2016, 00:28

Another great episode, gentlemen. I'm almost as used to Alex's voice as our usual hosts now that he's been guest to 3 or 4 of these.

At one point @Cavalier mentions some of the vehicles do stand out when paired with Dark Eldar vehicles. The jetbikes and infantry can be converted easily enough but the tanks must stick out like a sore thumb.

The Warp Hunter and Hornet in particular strike me as having particularly Eldary aesthetics as opposed to Dark Eldar. What conversion work could be done to make Eldar skimmers it fit in along with a big blob of Venoms and Raiders? I've skimmed through your beautiful work so far in your project log but I wonder what you suggest.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Wed Mar 30 2016, 12:03

Hey man glad you liked the episode, thanks! I actually think when combined into an army the Raiders and Venoms look great alongside their Craftworld vehicles. Their was a beautiful spread in White Dwarf when the Harlies came out of a Harlie, DE, CWE alliance and it looked fantastic!

My first bit of advice is if you want everything to look pure DE, stay away from the vehicles and just rock dark lances on your bikes, convert up some corsair reavers with DE heads and fusion guns and get your AT that way.

My second bit of advice is if you really want hornets, you could always try putting lances on Harlie Venoms and go "counts-as". You could even run a Reaper as a count-as Warp Hunter.

But honestly man I'd just buy the models as-is paint them in your DE colors. The Hornets are really just an evolution of the Vyper/Venom and fit in really well. I'll take some photos of my raiders and venoms alongside my CW vehicles. Also don't forget about those bikes, lances on Reavers look dead sexy.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Thu Mar 31 2016, 03:35

Cheers for that, I'll keep an eye out for the photos.

Yeah I do recall you saying Reavers are usually better models for Cloud Dancers to keep the pure DE look, and that dark lances are one of the better options to use. I might actually use my 3 reavers for something :O

I'm think you're probably right as far as Hornets go. As long as they share a colour and pattern with a Kabal the regular forge world models will fit ink. I might consider some minor conversion work, such as sails or spikes or chains though.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Fri Apr 01 2016, 07:16

Sorry been away so long. Was having trouble getting to log on to the site. Anyhow, loved the cast, as always and hope to get to weigh in on more discussions in the future.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Mon Apr 04 2016, 23:09

Great show, loved it as always.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!   Tue Apr 05 2016, 02:46

A corsair tactic I'd like to try is Reaver bands with flamers and jet packs. Deploy a Promethium Pipeline across the edge of your DZ, and the Reavers can hop in, Torrent the enemy, and then skip away in their own shooting phase. (And again in their assault phase.)

This benefits Dark Eldar as allies, since the DE fragility can be mitigated by making your Fortification a Void Network Relay, giving you the pipes AND some Void Shield Generators your fragile Dark Eldar can hide inside. The Reavers can even skip back inside the protective bubbles.
Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 21: Killing it with Corsairs take 2: Revenge of the Superguppy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: