Share | 

Dual CAD or RSR?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Dual CAD or RSR?   Tue Mar 15 2016, 02:52

Our Fast Attack choices are dope Twisted Evil

Almost every single entry has some appeal to it, and I find myself very quickly using up all 3 slots in a CAD and wanting more, especially if we're taking transports in Fast Attack slots.

In my eyes, objective secured is worth more than the small cover bonuses that RSR gives, but I don't like paying tax for so many Kabalites and Courts.

Veterans: if you wanted to play a list with lots of Fast Attack choices, how would you go about deciding which detachment(s) to take?

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Tue Mar 15 2016, 05:15

Depends. Are there no limits regarding the number of detachments? Double CAD it is.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Tue Mar 15 2016, 08:08

@CptMetal wrote:
Depends. Are there no limits regarding the number of detachments? Double CAD it is.

That easy huh? I mean, that's the formula I'd normally use, but I just wonder if the tax alone makes people double think taking two of them.

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Tue Mar 15 2016, 09:12

The 'tax' is basically 90 points (2 x min Kabalite, plus Lhamean) which I don't think is that bad, especially when the command 'benefit' of RSR is so incredibly poor that I don't even consider it worth taking, especially not at the cost of objsec.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
mika
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Tue Mar 15 2016, 15:25

I'm going to a tournament at the end of the month and I had the same problem. The way I solved it was : A CAD + a RSR, maxed my troops in CAD and my fast attack in RSR Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Wed Mar 16 2016, 09:13

Dual CAD would be the best option (if you can spare the points) as obsec is useful especially if playing with the new maelstrom deck.

However when i'm in the mood for reaver spam 6 FA is not enough! So i go 1 CAD + 1 RSR, like mika said.
Back to top Go down

Dual CAD or RSR?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Dark Eldar Tactics
-
Jump to: