5 Fire Dragons + exarch 120
5 Fire Dragons + exarch 120
5 Warp spiders + exarch 105

Aspect host +1 BS
5 Warp spiders + exarch 105
6 Swooping Hawks + exarch 106
6 Swooping Hawks + exarch 106

Archons take the dragons and raiders.
Lhamaean mans the bunker and comms for a cheap babysitter. Pretty much everything besides 4 venoms and the warriors inside them stays in reserve. Ravagers typically just drive on and shoot. Hawks, spiders, and dragons all deep strike.
Has tools to get pretty much every job done. Except I still have trouble dealing with deathstars (lych guard, thunder wolf Calvary, screamer stars etc)
Back to top Go down
40kScribe
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1850 DE/E   Fri Feb 19 2016, 13:01

I think it's a fairly well-balanced list, but there's some stuff in there that I'm not sure what your plan is, for instance you have two Archons. Given that the Raiders can already deep strike, I don't see why you need a second Archon with a webway portal, unless you really want the precision. Personally though, I generally avoid deep striking anything at all unless I'm just playing to roll some dice (except for my Dark Artisan formation, but I don't count on them to win my games).

That being said if you're doing well with deep striking units and feel that you need/really want the webway portal, I can understand your philosophy.

The main thing I'm seeing is that you don't have either:
A. Enough dice to throw at the opponent to take out deathstars or,
B. Any tarpits of your own to lock tarpits down.

Again I'll bring up the Dark Artisan since it's my idea of a Dark Eldar Jack of all trades: it's resilient, it attracts attention, it can shut deathstars down for several turns, etc. I feel as though you have too much anti-AV weaponry, so what I'd do is free up some points and get some Grotesques -- possibly a Grotesquerie. Unless you really wanted to keep the Craftworlders, I'd do something like this with the list.

Combined Arms Detachment: 985
H.Q.: 100
- Archon + Webway portal + Haywire Grenades <-- joins a unit of Grotesques

Troops: 525
- 5x Kabalite Warriors + Venom

Fast Attack: 360
- 5x Scourges + 4x Haywire blasters

Grotesquerie: 525
- 1x Haemonculus + Webway Portal
- 6x Grotesques
- 6x Grotesques

Aspect Host: 318
- 6x Swooping Hawks + Exarch

Total: 1828/1850

There's a small points gap there for you to play around with options on your units as well, for instance if you want to give some extra gear to the Grotesques, Archon and/or Haemonculus. Also I just based the points off of what you had written down without double-checking things myself. I'm not sure if the extra Splinter Canon on the Venoms have been accounted for -- they're must-haves!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/c/thescribe
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Competitive 1850 DE/E   Fri Feb 19 2016, 16:08

The archon's are there for an accurate deep strike. You want to be close for the melta and a scatter can easily put you in a bad place to mishap or put you out of position to get within melta range, and or give your opponent a cover save due to scatter. I know disembarking and battle focus can help, but reliably destroying an enemy super heavy/ vehicles squadron is usually very important. And the WWP helps a lot with that. I have hower found that I really only ever need one dragon unit. I would maybe consider dropping one dragon unit and WWP archon/ raider for 4-5 dark reapers with st8 missiles. My reapers have been amazing and help a ton against bike armies, flyers, turbo boosting units etc... Give it a shot! You won't regret it.

You could maybe even get a fortification with the points saved like a bunker, VSG or bastion. This will give you more LoS clock blocking terrain, an elevated position (for reapers) or and maybe void shields for extra protection. Maybe even a Comm's Relay to get reserves in much more reliably

Competitive 1850 DE/E
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: