HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

What to get next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HarveyScourgeman
Slave

PostSubject: What to get next?   Thu Sep 29 2011, 23:26

Hey guys, new to 40k here (well, kinda, just getting back into the game.)
Was wondering if you could help a beginning Archon out. Will be at my local GW this weekend, and I actually have some disposable income to...dispose.
So, I was wondering what would be the most tactically beneficial addition to my army.
My overall goal is to have an army that is a mix of shooting and CC, raiders everywhere, pew pew and stab stab. Much like how my Deldar mentor played his army in 3rd/4th edition.

So without any more useless explaining, a full list of what I have:

Archon
Urien Rakthurr (usually count him as a regular haemonculus)
5 Incubi
20 Warriors
20 Wyches
3 Raiders
1 Venom

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   Thu Sep 29 2011, 23:55

Ravagers, Raiders, Venoms, and more Ravagers. All of these will kill disposable income as fast as it kills your opponents.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   Fri Sep 30 2011, 02:46

I second what Evil said regarding Ravagers; look at the 1500+ army lists on this forum (or any other for that matter) and you'll see they have 2-3 Ravagers, for good reason. I'd personally go Dark Lance.

A Razorwing has a good mix of AI and AT and would make a nice centrepiece.

Another Haemonculus would be good, possibly add one to each Wych unit. Maybe pick up a box of Wracks and give them a go.

And Venoms. More Venoms.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   Fri Sep 30 2011, 04:00

You should definitely get about 4 more transports (Raiders or Venoms depending how you want to build your lists) 3 Ravagers would also be a solid investment - very few 'competitive' lists lack 3x Ravager as part of them.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
HarveyScourgeman
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   Sat Oct 01 2011, 19:02

Thanks for all the helpful advice : )
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   Sat Oct 01 2011, 22:53

BTW: didn't notice the Harvey Scourgeman handle=NICE!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
HarveyScourgeman
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   Sun Oct 02 2011, 07:27

Hehe tyvm, evil space elves.

Went down to my FLGS today, bought up another raider and played a game with an IG player who I'm pretty sure was cheating me (at one point he tried to tell me I couldn't charge without LOS..I was going around a wall, the entire movement being less than 4 inches). I got my sorry arse tabled, but hilarity insued near the end...

I had a unit of wyches left, with a haemonculi. I also had an Archon with his single Incubi bro, who had wiped out 3 of his units (moved up 18 first turn, got shot for a round, then charged, charged, charged).

With his massed firepower, he tried to take me out.
Saves EVERYWHERE.
Haemonculus liquifies his unit of (veterans? it was a 5 man squad of metal looking models), then him and the wyches camp the objective.

The Archon, unfazed by the fact that ERRYONE in his Kabal is dead but him and his bro, charges and destroys yet another unit in a turn. He's shot at by almost everything the Imperial Guard player has...tanks, plasma, a missile to the face, even an entire Stormraven gunship.
Nothing could bring this champion down.
He ended up charging the next turn, taking down the Imperial Guardsmen that had been desperately shooting at him, then chew through half of the group that the Guardsmen's psyker was in before the game ended. It was an objective game, two contested and one owned by Guardsman.

If the damn IG wouldn't have stolen the initiative, I woulda had that game. My archon is a god.

I paid the IG player 10 bucks so I could take one of his Guardsman to add to my Archon's head pile. It was a moral victory.

Went much better than I thought it would, since I'm so new to this game and the IG player had much more points than I did (It was supposed to be him 2000 vs me and another guy, both 1000. Other guy had to drop out a turn in and the IG player removed "1000 points"
Apparently, an IG walker and a unit of Guardsmen is 1000 points.)

So that's my story. Thanks for listening Smile
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   Mon Oct 03 2011, 22:13

Sounds like he was cheating you, Scourgeman; a fully upgraded Spearhead Sentinel (the most expensive IG walker) and a full Storm Trooper Squad given every one of the most expensive toys you can give them (the most expensive per-model infantry unit aside from Ogryns) still only comes to 316 points plus a transport for the Storm Troopers. Even a full squadron of these Spearhead Sentinels wouldn't have made such a points difference; really, the only realistic way for this guy to have dropped a thousand points would have been to let go of a couple platoons and a tank squadron or two.

Still, congrats on kicking so much ass despite having the odds stacked against you like that.

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170

What to get next?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: