HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Help !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CanisLupus
Slave

PostSubject: Help !!!   Mon Feb 01 2016, 14:52

My daughter ( and myself to be honest )want to play Darlk Eldar .
Please can you advise me on a 1000 pt Starter army .
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Help !!!   Mon Feb 01 2016, 19:35

Not sure what your budget is. But even at 1000 points dark eldar are expensive because we need vehicles and a lot of them. Here's some ideas you can't go wrong with getting and you won't regret buying. I think it's awesome that you and your daughter are going to start up together it gives me hope for my new born daughter on the way Smile

Bear in mind this is just to get started up.
Venoms 2-3
Raiders 2
Kabalite warriors 20-30
Ravagers 2
Archon

Things that are great but not needed to start: grotesques, scourges, incubi maybe, razor wing jet fighter, several medusae
Things I would avoid buying: wyches, hellions, wracks (debatable if they are useful when you take a scalpel squadron formation)
Hope that helps. Good luck fellow archon

Sample 1000 list for you
Archon wwp 95
Court of the archon 3 medusa 75
Venom 65
Troops
10 warriors 80
Raider night shields and splinter racks 85
10 warriors 80
Raider night shields and splinter racks 85
Elite
5 true born 4 blasters 120
Heavy
2 ravagers with 3 dark lances 250
Fast
Venom dual sc 65 (blaster born in here)

Back to top Go down
CanisLupus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Help !!!   Tue Feb 02 2016, 15:05

Thanks that's perfect. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Help !!!   Tue Feb 02 2016, 17:54

Roughly comes out to $430 to get enough models to field that list. but it is a great base to build your army around. I play this list in 1000 point tournament games so you definitely will put up a lot of fight and it's a ton of fun to play. Glad I could help!
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Help !!!   Wed Feb 03 2016, 01:10

Xm0shcryptX wrote:

Venoms 2-3
Raiders 2
Kabalite warriors 20-30
Ravagers 2

This is all pretty valid, good building advice. I'd stay away from getting 2 ravagers though, and get a single ravager and one unit of scourges for some variety.

Xm0shcryptX wrote:

Archon

I can't see any reason to include the Archon, either as a buy or as a unit inclusion in the army. The model is hated universally for looking awful and in the game itself, the succubus has better stats, a better save in combat, better wargear options, is cheaper in points, and you can easily convert one out of the myriad of vehicle crew available.

@CanisLupus, I'd suggest getting two kabalite skysplinter box sets if they're still around, a few venoms, a scourge box set and a single ravager. It gives you plenty to toy with, and then you can make additional infantry from the leftover crew that comes with your vehicle box sets.

I'm not sure if you have the codex yet, but you'll see we have a number of HQ options. Almost all of them are better than the Archon, so try avoid buying him if you can. You can easily make a Succubus from left over crew members, and with some imagination and spare parts, the same holds true for Medusae and Haemonculus models.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Help !!!   Wed Feb 03 2016, 01:18

I have the 5th Ed archon and I love how he looks much much better than the new one, I agree besides being a cheaper wwp caddy a succubus is an amazing choice and goes well with grotesques.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Help !!!   Wed Feb 03 2016, 03:04

Xm0shcryptX wrote:
I have the 5th Ed archon and I love how he looks much much better than the new one

5th ed's Archon is probably better than the new one, but I still find his model fairly static. Most eldar are static, to be fair - Autarches are even worse in their uptight, boring look.

It's hard comparing them to the lovely marine poses, like the 5th Ed 'Masters', or the Emperor's champion who's old as balls and still looks outstanding.

Of course, its still nothing like the old school 3rd edition Face-Attached-To-Helmet-and-Topknot-Longer-Than-His-Body and huge claw bigger than himself Archon lol! .

He's so over the top, and so decidedly perfect because of that.

Xm0shcryptX wrote:
I agree besides being a cheaper wwp caddy a succubus is an amazing choice and goes well with grotesques.

Incidentally, his BS is also better here, so when you factor in the thrown Haywire Grenades and access to Blasters, this is the one niche the Archon is *better* at.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Help !!!   Wed Feb 03 2016, 15:51

Thanks Guys It gives me something to work on .
I have the codex on order and I have also been informed that She would like Lelith Hesperax .
Back to top Go down

Help !!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: