HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Back to DE after a year off.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fauxmonculus
Hellion

PostSubject: Back to DE after a year off.   Mon Jan 25 2016, 14:07

I hadn't played my Dark Eldar in over a year and 40k at all for almost as long so I lurked around here for a bit to get back up to speed.

Having immersed myself in the pain of all the threads about how bad our Codex is like a true Dark Eldar I decided to make sure I'd experienced as much pain as possible by reading the Craftworlds Codex, which was painful indeed.

Fully prepared to be annihilated on the tabletop I naturally built and painted two squads of Trueborn, just to add back pain and eye strain to the inevitable disappointment when they underperformed.

Now hunched over and squinting like a Haemonculus I took my Dark Eldar into battle against a friend of mine who's an experienced Space Wolf player.

I won 15-12, and after six turns he had one Terminator and a damaged Stormwolf left.

Oh, and my Scalpel Squadron got 3 VPs for First Blood against a squad of Wolf Guard bikes.

I hope this is taken in the spirit in which it's intended when I say it's not that bad and playing Dark Eldar is still fun!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Back to DE after a year off.   Mon Jan 25 2016, 14:29

Blasphemy! ;-P

Welcome to the dark city! If you are able to ignore the whining and tone down the haters (they are correct about the math at least) it's a fun place to stay.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Back to DE after a year off.   Mon Jan 25 2016, 16:10

Good to hear of your victory. Sounds like you were playing Maelstrom, which is certainly our best chance of winning in 7e. Keep up the good work.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Back to DE after a year off.   Mon Jan 25 2016, 16:48

No no no. The enemy let you win on purpose, don't forget this!

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Back to DE after a year off.   Tue Jan 26 2016, 22:18

Is it fair to point out that SWs, whilst not as bad as us, are still a pre-7.5 book?
Back to top Go down

Back to DE after a year off.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: