Share | 

1750 points - Returing player

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ternach
Slave

PostSubject: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 12:05

Hi!
This is my first post on this forum(although I have read it for a few months) and I’m in some need of help. I have played WHFB for several years at a tournament level and before that I went to some tournaments in 40k(third and fourth edition mainly). So a year ago, with fantasy going the way it did, I decided to start up 40k again. Having a CSM Khorne army and an old WH army(mainly SoB), I opted for making the Khorne army playable(and going to a tournament) and then to start a new project. The tournament scene is pretty ok in Sweden(most use different comp systems), but even with comp I realised that my khorne themed list needed a lot more work then I wanted to put in. So I focused it all on my new pet project DE.

Now a year later I have about 1300 points painted and I would like to go to a tournament again, while I tactic-wise was ok, I got smashed in the list-building department and I would like to avoid that again. So I need some help, I don’t want the most repetitive list, but I want something that is considered ok power-levelish. I’m very open to changes, suggestions, re-writing my list, anything really. But I really need some help.

So, 1750p Dark Eldar, here we go:

HQ
Archon
Agoniser, WWP, Shadow-field, Archangel of pain
Court
6 Sslyth
Raider – Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks

ELITE
5 Trueborn
4 Blasters, Venom – Double Cannon
5 Trueborn
4 Blasters, Venom – Double Cannon
3 Incubi  
Klaivex. Venom – Double Cannon

TROOPS
10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon

FAST
1 Jetfighter
4 Monoscythe, 2 Lances, 1 Splinter Cannon, Nightshield

HEAVY
Ravager
3 Dark Lances, Nightshield
Ravager
3 Dark Lances, Nightshield

1735p

I also have a bunch of grotesques and other stuff, but I wanted to share in your collective wisdom before I either finish painting this or scrap this list.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 12:46

Many people will advise you to go to massive MSU with a whole lot of Venom squads.

If you go gun boat style scrap the Splinter Cannon because you will be moving anyway. I prefer to put the Kabalite Warrior into Venom and the elite troops into Raider with shield to enhance their survivability.

If you want to use the archangel bomb get another HQ with the Armour of Misery too.

But it seems solid nevertheless. Keep going!

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
ternach
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 13:37

CptMetal wrote:
Many people will advise you to go to massive MSU with a whole lot of Venom squads.

If you go gun boat style scrap the Splinter Cannon because you will be moving anyway. I prefer to put the Kabalite Warrior into Venom and the elite troops into Raider with shield to enhance their survivability.

If you want to use the archangel bomb get another HQ with the Armour of Misery too.

But it seems solid nevertheless. Keep going!

Thanks!Smile

Yeah, I figured that was the way to go. I'm not totaly keen on having that much spam, if I understand the point of it.

Drop SC:s on Kabalite squads - Check!

It felt like a lot of points to drop double HQ:s on the bomb, since it will be useless against a lot of armies in a tournament setting. Doing it like this I figure it could help with some hard match-ups but it wouldn't be a all-eggs-in-a-basket type of thing. Can it work without the armour or is it just a point-waste?
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 14:31

A lot of people would argue that the Night Shields aren't worth it, as well as the previously mentioned Cannons in the Warrior Squads.

I like the gun boats, but I haven't used them in a long time. They can work well sometimes though.

The only thing in the list that really irks me is the three Incubi. I've always found them a bit underwhelming. Granted, I've only ever fielded units of four with a character or five tops. Personally, I'd drop those but I like the list overall.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 18:40

But I read some battle reports here of some guy having great succes with them. He used a vehicle heavy list and 2 or 3 min squads of Incubbi with Klaivex. I don´t use them because I don´t like the models. Waiting for the toughest girls of the galaxy 2.

Against Marines and stuff like that they might be great, but you have to pick your enemy carefully.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 20:09

What are you webwaying
Back to top Go down
ternach
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 20:58

Hm. If I drop the SC:s from the kabalites I can beef up the Incubi to a 5 man squad, which seems better.

I plan on webwaying the Sslyth-boat. Figure that with the archangel and the ssylths, it will in worst-case scenario be like a gunboat dropping in. In the best case scenario(where I can use the archangel) it could be a game-winner.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Mon Jan 25 2016, 21:01

I would recommend doing medusa instead, get 4 erase marines Smile could still use your archangel if you desire but you certainly want armor of misery combined
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Tue Jan 26 2016, 05:11

I'm also not a huge fan of the Night Shields on the Ravagers. In my opinion, you want that to shoot and if you're jinking every turn, it's as good as dead. Still deploy it in cover if you can, but that's another 30 points you could free up.

If you were to drop the two cannons, the two NS's on the Ravagers and the Klaivex (I'm not really seeing the point of him. An upgrade for one additional attack and none of the weapons). You could add a Fast Attack Venom and maybe beef the Incubi unit up a bit with more models.

Just my two cents though. I like the list overall already.
Back to top Go down
ternach
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Tue Jan 26 2016, 10:22

Great comments everyone! Thanks a lot! I will drop the SC:s for now and do some playtesting and see where I land with the list. The Sslyths and the archons archangel might get dropped.

Razkien wrote:
I'm also not a huge fan of the Night Shields on the Ravagers. In my opinion, you want that to shoot and if you're jinking every turn, it's as good as dead. Still deploy it in cover if you can, but that's another 30 points you could free up.

If you were to drop the two cannons, the two NS's on the Ravagers and the Klaivex (I'm not really seeing the point of him. An upgrade for one additional attack and none of the weapons). You could add a Fast Attack Venom and maybe beef the Incubi unit up a bit with more models.

Just my two cents though. I like the list overall already.

I figure that with the Klaivexs rampage that it could be worth it, since I figure they will be outnumbered a lot of times.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Tue Jan 26 2016, 10:44

Ah yes, I forgot about Rampage. It is a good ability. I just haven't had a lot of luck with Incubi but they really shine in the right situations. If you have good luck with them and they work well in your meta, then power to you. I've tried to use them a lot and have just had more underwhelming experiences than good ones (more so after they took away the PGL buff).

It just doesn't take an awful lot to kill or gimp the small unit. They do have a 3+ save but they're still only T3 and a small unit. There is a good chance you can / will loose one or two in overwatch. It looks like it's really the only dedicated CC unit in the army so they will probably get shot if you're not careful.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1750 points - Returing player   Tue Jan 26 2016, 17:40

If I ever run incubi I put them in a sail raider plus at archon with a shadow field and usually just a power sword cuz. Have him in front to tank over watch with his 2+ invul. A succubus also isn't a bad choice to join incubi she is an animal until you know she gets touched
Back to top Go down

1750 points - Returing player
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: