HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

LVO List for RB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: LVO List for RB   Fri Jan 22 2016, 03:05

I will be one of (possibly two) DE players at LVO this year. I wanted to get some feedback on my list. In my meta I see many many alpha strike lists that blow you off the table turn one or deep strike in your face. Nul deployment is a must. I also see lots of big toys that can only be really dealt with with D weapons. I plug holes in my DE list with Eldar Allies.

DE CAD
HQ
Archon with blaster, shadowfield, WWP, haywire grenades

Troop
5x warriors in venom with splinter cannons.

Heavy
2 Talos with Haywire Blaster
2 Talos with Haywire Blaster
Tantalus with Night Shield

CWE Allies
HQ
Autarch with fusion gun, Haywire grenades

Troops
3x Windriders with Cannons

Elites
6x Wraithguard with D scythes

Theory.
Five venoms is about the minimum I can imagine in a DE list. The windriders hang back and help the venoms grab objectives and kill squishy targets.

The Autrach and Talos are great for reserve manipulation. Starting with only the Talos on the board in cover really freaks out people and I have never had them be killed on the first turn. Pod lists drop in and try to kill the Talos turn one and are then totally exposed when the venoms all come on turn 2.

The Wraithguard hang in the Tantalus with the Archon and drop in the back field (or inside a void shield) to wreck face on any big nasty that sticks its head out. The hull of the Tanatlus is so large that you can really take advantage of the D flamers.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: LVO List for RB   Fri Jan 22 2016, 05:15

LVO will have a good number or war convocation, battle company, stompas, KDK, Eldar and Possibly new Tau.

I feel that your list needs more reliable AT. Maybe an aspect host or more blasters.

Is this Mr. S K River?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: LVO List for RB   Fri Jan 22 2016, 06:46

I'm not Mr. SK.

I play out of San Diego. I am one of the few regulars in SoCal that still rocks up to a tournament with DE. I agree, more anti tank would be good, but fitting them in the list is tough. I'll see if I can find space for blasters in the venoms...
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: LVO List for RB   Fri Jan 22 2016, 07:01

I would consider dropping the haywire from the Talos and turn those points into blasters. I know that haywire is better, but I figure that you will be running the Talos more often than not so think the haywire might be waisted?

Your list is extremely close to being able to run a Corpse Thief Claw formation.
The Claw is really a solid choice. Not sure where you would get the points for a 5th Talos. They help a lot with the bonus points that work towards Maelstrom for ITC

Wych

PostSubject: Re: LVO List for RB   Fri Jan 22 2016, 07:27

I think it is a solid list. Anti tank I think you have just about enough. If you really are worried, trade some splintercannons for blasters, but I think you are good.
If you cant take out some heavy tanks with 2 haywire grenades, a fusion gun, 4 haywire blasters, 4 talos and a ton of Dscythes, its time to pack it in.

Heck, the tantalus alone dropping in could target 4 separate tanks if you split up on disembarkation after it strikes in.

Only word of caution: Against tau, if they have a ton of markerlights and are going first, deploy a couple units of guys on foot too. Str D can hurt your null deploy talos pretty bad.
Best of luck!

hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: LVO List for RB   Fri Jan 22 2016, 09:32

@colinsherlow wrote:
Your list is extremely close to being able to run a Corpse Thief Claw formation.
The Claw is really a solid choice. Not sure where you would get the points for a 5th Talos.  They help a lot with the bonus points that work towards Maelstrom for ITC

If you really wanted it, you can drop a venom and a Wraithguard and you're there.

I'm not certain the CtC is such a great buy, because its 1/3rd of your list all in one slow unit. Seeing as you already have 4 Taloi though, it might be worthwhile. Scout helps them get active one turn earlier.

LVO List for RB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: