HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1850 ITC tourney list!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laughingcarp
Wych

PostSubject: 1850 ITC tourney list!   Thu Jan 21 2016, 05:17

My recently updated 1848/1850 list following ITC guidelines, for tournament play. Please critique, it's a work in progress!

Dark Eldar CAD - 1136pts
-Archon, Haywire Grenades, Webway Portal, Shadowfield, Power Sword, Venom
-Lhamaean, Venom

-5 Kabalites, Venom
-5 Kabalites, Venom
-5 Kabalites, Venom

-Raider, Dark Lance
-5 Scourges, 4 Haywire Blasters
-6 Reavers, 2 Cluster Caltrops

-Ravager
-Ravager

Craftworld Eldar CAD - 712pts
-Autarch, Banshee Mask, Jetbike, Laser Lance

-3 Windriders, 3 Scatter Lasers
-3 Windriders, 3 Scatter Lasers

-5 Fire Dragons, Exarch upgrade
-5 Wraithguard, D-Scythes

-Wave Serpent, Shuriken Cannon

Play: I hide units deemed important to the particular matchup in reserve, using the Autarch's +/-1.
Archon goes with Wraithguard (Serpent) if I've got a Gargantuan Monstrous Creature to put down, or Fire Dragons (Raider) if I'm looking at a Superheavy Vehicle.
Because the Serpent and Raider are both Fast slots, I can mix & match as necessary. WWP Fire Dragons in the Serpent and have the Wraiths take advantage of open-topped Raider works too.
Obviously Autarch hangs out with the Reavers. They're my counter-charge unit. Last tournament they were MVPs; clearing off objectives, wrecking an entire Skyhammer, busting up an invisible Conclave, etc. And then they split apart to turbo-boost onto objectives last turn.
The rest should be pretty self-explanatory?

Previous incarnation of this list had no Wraithguard or Serpent, another unit of Reavers and Scourges, and some stuff shifted for a Scalpel Squadron. It proved capable of downing 2 Imperial Knights by turn 2, but had trouble with Wraithknights (obviously). This prompted the addition of WWP Wraithguard.

Comments, critiques, and criticisms welcome!

PS - while I have many more DE models to fiddle with, this list uses most of my Eldar and already more Eldar than I want. That said my friend has offered me a sword&board Wraithknight for tournament use if deemed necessary. If I did use it I believe I'd swap out the Wraithguard and Serpent.
But I'd rather not use it at all. I have morals or something Rolling Eyes Thoughts?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons

Last edited by Laughingcarp on Mon Jan 25 2016, 17:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kyryn79
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC tourney list!   Sat Jan 23 2016, 14:28

Hi,

I also use a mixed list of Dark Eldar/Eldar, but very different from yours.
For what I see, in my humble opinion, I would switch the 6 reavers for kabalites trueborn with blaster or another weapon to blow light transports. I believe you want the autarch to ride the reavers for CC, but for my experience, CC isn't really our show. Next time, I going to try the ssylith (5x) with a autarch and a haemonculus or with Jain Zar...but for now...is shooting to the death...
You also lack anti-air, so I would switch a ravager for a razorwing or wraithfigther.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC tourney list!   Sat Jan 23 2016, 20:06

I find nightshields on a raider almost useless, its supposed to get in close and not hug cover which is their ideal usage, plus there is so much ignores cover that a 15 point +1 cover save is way overpriced. Aethersails on the other hand can be a nasty surprise for your opponent, almost as good as deepstriking in your fire dragons.

Im not sure you need anti air, but the wraithfighter isnt the choice there (sorry Kyryn) as its blast weapons proclude shooting at aerial targets. Crimson hunter is absolutely bonkers, and the exarch version even more so.

If your playing in a non LOW tourney its decent, but against a LOW I would be concerned-the D scythes are good but I would find space for a wraithknight. Sucks I know to have to go there, but it is just too good, and it does what your ravagers do, only potentially better.

Laughingcarp
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC tourney list!   Sun Jan 24 2016, 08:14

kyryn79; My meta has almost nobody who uses Flyers or FMCs so I'm not worried about that aspect. Much better to have the points somewhere I know I'll use them regularly.
Reavers are also cheaper than a unit of Blasterborn. And them riding with the Autarch has straight up been MVP a number of games. I don't charge up the field with them; they're ambush predators, counter-charging anything that gets close. Thanks though!

Darkgreen Pirate; That's my bad. Night Shield were removed but I never updated. It's been a Dark Lance, to help poke holes in whatever the Fire Dragons are sent to WWP to death.
LoW vehicles I can handle, no problem. The Wraithguard were actually brought in to be my answer to WKs.
Lol at least you understand I don't want to be the DE guy who plays a WK. However my teammates have hassled me to stop being a masochist and just use a WK. That list currently looks something like this;

Thoughts?

DE CAD
-Archon, WWP, PSword, SF, Venom
-3x 5 Kabalites, Venom
-6 Reavers, 2 Caltrops
-5 Scourges, 4 HWB
-Venom
-2x Ravager

CE CAD
-Autarch, Banshee, bike, Las-lance
-Spiritseer
-5 Wraithguard (no scythes)
-2x 3 Scat bikes
-WK, sword 'n board

Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC tourney list!   Mon Jan 25 2016, 22:06

Are you deep striking the wraithguard with the wwp? If you are they are an expensive sacrificial unit- spirit seer will give them rerolls of ones to hit so they will definitely hurt something, but with the ranged D nerf  in ITC Im wondering if the flamers arent more useful as they would get 2 or even 3 hits each, guaranteeing a dead unit. One plasma blast will wreck that squad after a deep strike-its why archon/wwp/wraiths/waveserpent is so good.

Ive had a lot of success with raider wraithguard. Aethersails for the option to start on board and turboboost/threaten turn 1 (or counter drop pods) Not as accuarate, but not 100+ points for the Archon either.

Laughingcarp
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC tourney list!   Wed Jan 27 2016, 08:47

The plan is WWP Wraithguard, yes.

I've tested them out a couple times and legitimately the -1 to the D chart for the flamers has turned me right off. It's been the difference between 2 enemy super heavies surviving and dying in 2 games. Not being able to get that lucky 6 really sucks hard. Not that I'm relying on 6s either. going from 5/6 damage to 2/3 damage is a serious drop, considering I'm mainly using them to deal with super heavies and am looking at max 5 hits with Scythes.

As for survivability, that's what the unlucky shadowfield is for Razz

I've had a number of people suggest Raider/Wraithguard, but I still don't really get it. Start on the board, hope the Raider doesn't implode for 2 turns, turbo-boost with limited mobility compared to WWP, then achieve the same effect.
Any points saved from the Archon are then spent on that Raider, right?
I'm not at all saying it's bad.
I'm just saying I don't understand, which probably comes from not having tried it.

Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC tourney list!   Wed Jan 27 2016, 20:38

Laughingcarp wrote:

I've had a number of people suggest Raider/Wraithguard, but I still don't really get it. Start on the board, hope the Raider doesn't implode for 2 turns, turbo-boost with limited mobility compared to WWP, then achieve the same effect.
Any points saved from the Archon are then spent on that Raider, right?
I'm not at all saying it's bad.
I'm just saying I don't understand, which probably comes from not having tried it.

Raider wraithguard give you the deepstrike option, and with aethersails can move 36"- 12" in the movement phase and 24" flat out, which should be looked at like a semi-deepstrike. Yes the raider is a target and no the wraiths arent shooting, but you werent looking for them until turn 2 anyway. Fearless T6 models with a 3+ and if its nightfight 3+ jinking, makes it fairly surviveable turn 1-but not perfect. The D-Scythes wreck any unit they face typically,they arent really a superheavy counter but can be. Its all about paper to your opponents rock, and rock to his scissors.

Its another reason why the D cannon wraithknight is so solid. That being said, an invisible sword wielding wraithknight makes everyone feel like they need to shower.

1850 ITC tourney list!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: