HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:49 pm

Hey all,

I was finally able to get a game in yesterday after a long break. I decided to run a Grotesquerie and I delightfully surprised  with them this game (I have ran them once or twice before).

Between rolling Rage for their experiment and then rolling +3 attacks each for Rampage (I know this isn't always the case, but sometimes life is good) in a combat combined with Zealot and and re-rolling wounds against T4 models...  my unit of four with a Succubus and Aberration totally rocked.

I just thought I'd share this happy experience Razz
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:11 am

Grotesquerie is pure gold, happy to hear it worked for you as well!

I've had mine tear its way through most of a Tyranid army before. 3 Zoanthropes, 12 Gargoyles, Tervigon, Carnifex, Exocrine, Venomthrope, 25 Hormagants, 26 Termagants between the 2 units of 4 + babysitter.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:21 am

They are definitely the one unit and formation games workshop did right

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:07 am

Just wait until you get +1 T. I thought 4+ Fnp would be good and it was but, toughness 6 turns it up to 11.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:02 am

I got that in my last game against Crimson Fists. Those poor souls didn't stand a chance.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:35 pm

I love the +1 toughness on them the most. That allowed me to charge an Eldar Wraithknight survive the st10 swings and get a few ID wounds through to kill the bugger. Love it

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Indeed, the +1 toughness, in my opinion is the strongest buff. There are a lot of benefits of T6 over T5.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:48 pm

last game i had 2x4 grots punch through sw terminator squad and two cavalry units, losing total 2 guys in the action. so awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:19 pm

CptMetal wrote:
They are definitely the one unit and formation games workshop did right

My one criticism regarding the formation is that it's a shame Urien doesn't let you pick which bonus they get.
Back to top Go down
Leninade
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:48 pm

And taking Urien also precludes you from taking any of the Coven warlord traits... He's just a bad pick all around
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.   Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 am

I bought the model for Urien quit a while ago but I still haven't wrote him into a list yet Razz
Back to top Go down

Just realizing how awesome the Grotesquerie can be.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: