HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Scourge with a broken foot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Scourge with a broken foot Empty
PostSubject: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 16:16

One of my Scourges has broken off his base, with his foot having snapped in half. I've repaired him once, but he's snapped off again in the same place and now I'm struggling to repair him at all.

Has anyone got any suggestions of how to either repair him, or else attach him to a base whilst disguising the fact that he's missing most of one foot? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 16:21

Pin through it.
Drill right through the partof the foot on the base still, and oin the model through it and into the base.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 16:23

I'll check, but I'm pretty sure I don't have any drill bits that thin.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 16:59

presumably the foot is the only thing attaching him to the base correct?

If you can't pin it (which would also be my suggestion as the best choice), then option 2 would be to Glue him back to the foot, but then also attach some support to the back of the leg which would be glued to both the scourge leg, and the base.

A pole or something like that should work, and not be too out of place visually. It doesn't have to be long, just enough to go from say the upper ankle and then to the base. You could even drill a hole in the base for this to go into (like pinning on the outside) which would allow you to use a slightly bigger drill bit than the foot would require.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17 2016, 12:08

Heh. Sorry. As a Malifaux player, drill bits that thin are anecessity.
I can offer an alternative.
I was for some reason yet to fathom given some Scourge recently.
I'm not a massive fan of their legs, and although I do plan to use the bodies and weapons, that would free the legs up if you wanted a shiny new pair. We both appear to be UK based, so postage would be cheap and fast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18 2016, 14:08

@Squidmaster wrote:

I can offer an alternative.
I was for some reason yet to fathom given some Scourge recently.
I'm not a massive fan of their legs, and although I do plan to use the bodies and weapons, that would free the legs up if you wanted a shiny new pair. We both appear to be UK based, so postage would be cheap and fast.

Hi, sorry for taking a while to get back to you - I wanted to try a couple of other methods first. As it is, I think I've managed to fix the foot with some green stuff (basically using it instead of glue).

However, I really appreciate you making that offer. It was very kind indeed, so thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2016, 13:32

I had that problem with Genestealers. The foot broke and it made for an extra fragile connection to the base.

Solved it by using some of the extra clear plastic rods, and gluing the entire foot to the rod. Then position the rod into the base and it looks like the genestealer is leaping.

Depending on the pose, that could be doable for the Scourge as well. Just remember to be light on the glue so as not to cloud the tip of the rod.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2016, 13:35

@xzandrate wrote:
I had that problem with Genestealers.  The foot broke and it made for an extra fragile connection to the base.

Solved it by using some of the extra clear plastic rods, and gluing the entire foot to the rod.  Then position the rod into the base and it looks like the genestealer is leaping.

Could you post a picture of that genestealer?
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2016, 21:46

Full disclosure, they are actually the girlfriends tyranids, I just came up with the fix.

Here is the Original, the foot ended up breaking just in front of the claw on the heel. Which is where it was connecting to the slotta base bit.
Scourge with a broken foot Leapin10

She liked the look so we trimmed a few more off the slotta bases, she got too much glue on this one, you can see that the flying peg clouded quite a bit more on this one.
Scourge with a broken foot Leapin11

Obviously some balancing issues with the model sitting so high, so metal washers under all the bases to lower the center of gravity.

I think you could easily do something similar with Scourges, they are already in a fairly dynamic pose. and you could get away with putting the flying peg in on an angle as well.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19 2016, 22:20

Hmm, I don't think it will be that simple. Not with this scourge anyway. The broken part of his foot is attached to a rock, which I'd have to saw off before I could do something like that. tongue
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24 2016, 23:06

Great opportunity for a peg-leg scourge?
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24 2016, 23:44

http://elementgames.co.uk/paints-hobby-and-scenery/paints-hobby-and-scenery-by-manufacturer/revell/glue/revell-contacta?d=22&gclid=CLq5lfLPw8oCFeISwwodOBwC6w

Get some of this stuff. Remove the previous dried glue from both sides of the break. Apply a small bit of this, along with some superglue, place the two parts together until you are sure the superglue is sealed.

This stuff contains a solvent that melts the plastic. As such it dries through evaporation of the solvent, so the joint will be sealed as if the model was one piece of plastic. The superglue is pretty much just there next to it to make sure the model stays in place as it's fully dried in about 24 hours

Scourge with a broken foot YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30 2016, 02:36

They make drill bits that are the size of paper clips. That's what I use for all my pinning.

PostSubject: Re: Scourge with a broken foot   Scourge with a broken foot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scourge with a broken foot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: