Share | 

Dark eladr vs Necron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Sun Apr 17 2016, 12:40

Played the decurion today at 2000pts. He went troops heavy, 30 warriors + 30 immortals + 3 x 3 destroyer cult + destroyer lord, 3 night sythes, tomb scythes and ghost arcs + characters with toys.

The main learning points were...

They are super tough, (no crap), and they have very good mid-range shooting.

You need to focus on the mission... (again, no crap)

U gotta kill the fast stuff (so you CAN win the missions) ideally by shooting a ridiculous amount of splinter + dissies + lances into said fast stuff.

At the same time throw something at them that will keep them busy and rip them up. I used a large grotesquerie and 3 units of 6 reavers with 2 CC of course. Very Happy

He quit top of turn 5 (so i only played 4 turns) Great game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Sun Apr 17 2016, 15:03

Congratulations!!

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Sun Apr 17 2016, 19:57

Good job!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Mon Apr 18 2016, 19:14

Way to go. I am assuming he didnt have a Harvest formation? Did he have any meaningful counter CC unit?
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Tue Apr 19 2016, 07:32

No dedicated CC unit, tho that destroyer lord is such a frigging beatstick he make a unit of destroyers a CC unit. affraid

He said he will take the harvest next time we play. He was trying a cron horde type thing. I'm looking forward to facing the harvest again. Those wraiths are super tough but they have their weaknesses. At least there will be less shooty crons.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Tue Apr 19 2016, 12:22

Ugh, wraith are my most hated unit. Without the psychic power to reduce their 3++, they are incredibly hard to kill. I think I once mathammered it out that you need like 15 dual SC venoms to kill a 4 man squad.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Tue Apr 19 2016, 12:37

@fisheyes wrote:
Ugh, wraith are my most hated unit. Without the psychic power to reduce their 3++, they are incredibly hard to kill. I think I once mathammered it out that you need like 15 dual SC venoms to kill a 4 man squad.

I make it 12 Venoms but it's still ridiculous! 780 points of anti-infantry firepower to kill 4 x 2-wound models costing 160 points!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Tue Apr 19 2016, 12:48

Ya, and the worst part is that they move +12" each turn, so its ridiculously hard to run and hide from them...
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Tue Apr 19 2016, 22:08

When they have RP wraiths just aren't worth shooting at. Waste of time and resources.

At least they are slowed (a little) by the spyder. MSU flying around, spread out so they can't multi charge while hunting that spyder is all I can think of (without resorting to eldar D-cheese).

It's not easy or perfect but its something. Wink
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Thu Apr 21 2016, 11:49

I played my fourth game against the dreaded Necrons this evening. My first 3 attempts were all very shooty lists- Venoms, Dissie ravagers, Blasterborn, Fire Dragons.... nothing died because ignores cover is hard to come by for DE. Today I tried stabby, and stabby did REAL good!

1500 points:

Corpsethief Claw (Ichor Injector on everything)
Dark Artisan (Ichor Injector on Talos and Haemonculus. Haemy was Warlord and allowed all 12" pain engines to re-roll 1s for FNP. Brutal.)
Grotesquerie with Urien Rakarth in Raiders with Nightshields (rolled +1T).

I lost 4 models; 2 Talos from the Corpsethief, a raider and 1 Grotesque. Necrons conceded at Turn 5. Basically, all Necron shooting was shut down by my high T.
All 6 Wraiths were dead at bottom of Turn 3. Instant Death screws with their reanimation protocol but killing the spider quickly always helps.  Normally Wraiths turn everything to paste. But mass T7 is hard for them.
The C'tan got shot to heck and torn to shreds after that. The C'tan is not what it used to be. Twin linked splinter cannons rock!
Each assault catapulted the formation further up the board.
600 points of Talos accounted for a lot of dead robots.

Resilience is not something that DE are well-known for. This list can take A LOT of hurt.

Last edited by DEfan on Thu Apr 21 2016, 13:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Thu Apr 21 2016, 11:56

Yeah, I've had great success running Dark Artisan against Necrons. Lack of AP in Necron shooting, combined with decent armour and Toughness and boosted FNP makes them extremely resilient.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Fri Apr 22 2016, 06:00

I felt a bit dirty but actually it was like I'd beaten Necrons at their own death defying game.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Fri Apr 22 2016, 14:02

How was your board presence with only (approx) 17 models in 4 (6 counting raiders) units?

I would have thought he could just spread out and you would be hard pressed to reach everything...
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eladr vs Necron   Fri Apr 22 2016, 23:18

Board presence? I'd liken the Corpsethief Claw to Michael Myers. You know you should run but you stand still and unload the clip into him. The bugger just keeps coming...and he will catch you.

All the bonus movement that the formation provides- scout, 2d6 assault, consolidation afterward, etc makes it deceptively quick!

Dark eladr vs Necron
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Dark Eldar Tactics
-
Jump to: