HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Fri Jan 15 2016, 18:13

Episode 19

Oops, forgot to post a notice!

We are joined by Zach from the G3 San Jose group to talk Tau! Zach helps us review the changes to the Tau codex and new formations while giving insight on what to expect when fighting the Fish People. What to do, what to avoid is covered. Episode 19 also features a 3,000pt battle report with Andrew (BAO interviewee) teamed with Brian against Zach and Doug (AKA: Replacement Geoff of IC fame)

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Sat Jan 16 2016, 17:52

The Battle Report seems heartening. You were screwing around with weird and potentially sub-par units, while they "screwed around" with grotesquely powerful big guns, and you still came within 2 pts of a win.
Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Sun Jan 17 2016, 00:07

I loved the show! You guys are doing a great job. Lot's of great info and discussion. RB
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Sun Jan 17 2016, 01:06

I wonder, do you actually do questions anymore?

If yes, I wonder in which direction you would like to see Dark Eldar go in the future? (assuming we get a new Codex eventually). It looks like Eldar both have better speed, damage and armor while Corsairs have better speed, damage, armor and other playthings...

Just going for "Glass Cannon" in a high damage, low toughness way of thinking, hardly seems to be possible with such fierce competition (and it gets dull after a point). I've already written my personal opinion here and think we should go fore more "deep striking shenanigans" and "cheat" like Phil Kelly had in mind.

So for the question: Does Dark Eldar have a future, what will it be and how should it look like?
I am not talking about tweaks and buffs to our current codex, but rather where our focus and strengths should be (apart from being great taxi drivers and having awful lots of poison).

I know, DE should not be compared with CE so often, but now with Corsairs outperforming us too it looks like, if the current design of the Codex reached a dead end and could use a soft "reimagining" or "refreshment".
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Sun Jan 17 2016, 03:45

It was really enlightening to listen to this podcast.

The two guests who provided some much need information about what to expect when the fish men come knocking.

Cheers lads

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Mon Jan 18 2016, 08:54

I also appreciated the Tau player's well thought out advice to us on how to deal with Tau. That's what I want from these interrogations ( I mean interviews! Razz )

" This is what my army does. This is what it does well. This how I approach stomping Dark Eldar into the mud. " and finally, "this is what concerns me when facing Dark Eldar"

Thanks guys! Keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Sat Jan 23 2016, 22:02

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
I wonder, do you actually do questions anymore?

If yes, I wonder in which direction you would like to see Dark Eldar go in the future? (assuming we get a new Codex eventually). It looks like Eldar both have better speed, damage and armor while Corsairs have better speed, damage, armor and other playthings...

So for the question: Does Dark Eldar have a future, what will it be and how should it look like?
I am not talking about tweaks and buffs to our current codex, but rather where our focus and strengths should be (apart from being great taxi drivers and having awful lots of poison).

I know, DE should not be compared with CE so often, but now with Corsairs outperforming us too it looks like, if the current design of the Codex reached a dead end and could use a soft "reimagining" or "refreshment".

We just recorded episode 20, answered your question at the end!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Sun Jan 24 2016, 02:48

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
@The Strange Dark One wrote:

We just recorded episode 20, answered your question at the end!

thanks, you guys are the best :3
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   Mon Jan 25 2016, 14:20

As always, a great listen.

I very much enjoyed the inclusion of the battle report as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good   

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 19: Shedding Darklight on the Greater Good
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: