Share | 

Inventing something new

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Inventing something new   Thu Sep 29 2011, 12:45

Greetings Dark Ones!

A couple of days ago, i tried to post this, but sadly some wierd techno-mage thingy happened and all my beautifull (ehem...) writing was gone.
So i try this once more.

A couple of friends and myself have rented a house in the netherlands for a week in feb. All of us 8 a highly Warhammer (and ofcause 40k) adicted and we will make 7 days of nerd-madness, gaming, modelling and painting.

This opportunity left me with the rare situation for a campaign. I have attended to quite some campaigns and one of the most best was the "2nd Tyrannic War" in Nottingham. The yhanded out a booklet, with the background, the game turns, the campaign rules and, here we are getting closer to where this thread is leading, some new units, specially created for this campaign. So every race had the opportunity to add some unique models to their army.

I want to make the campaign story based and will do a booklet myself. And of cause some new units that will be used. For the other three parttaking races i have done units already, but wierdly there comes nothing original to my mind, when i think about stuff that would fit into the DE background, but isn't represented in the Codex (kudos to Phil and Jes, normally i always have moar ideaz).

I have thought about a Sslyth-only-Merc-Unit and maybe another brother to the Talos/Cronos? But this is all i have come up with until now.

Do you have an idea, what else would be cool?

I appreachiate every idea and suggestion!
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Inventing something new   Thu Sep 29 2011, 13:32

I think its a great idea!

What i think would be best, if you tell us the setting and the participating armys caus then you could add a unit that has something to do with the campain. like there are loads of psionics, then you could add some psionic fluff talos mega monster character... well some of that ;-)

i just find it hard to think of something without the full picture.

...What about a Bastion made out of Guardsmen as some form of sick sarcasm?...Or a Fortress of Redemption made out of Dark Angels - Sky Serpent
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Inventing something new   Thu Sep 29 2011, 17:41

For your Sslyth-like merc unit, how about a squad of Melusines for the Court, or Elites? You could make some very interesting fig's very easily by combining serpent tails from Sslyths or Bugz with various female DE upper bodies, and possibly Scourge wings.

A combination Sslyth-Lhamaean-Medusae.

If you are not familiar with them, a Melusine, or Melusina, actually comes from European folklore. They are a form of dangerous water faerie like the Lorelei and Nixie. Even better from a DE viewpoint, Martin Luther even described one particular Melusine as a Succubus.

She usually looks like a Mermaid below the waist with a fish tail or serpent tail, sometimes even two tails (twin-linked?), and she can also have wings. So, they could fly like a Scourge or tunnel like a Ravener.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melusine

http://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1GPCK_enCA418&q=melusine&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=949

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor

PostSubject: Re: Inventing something new   Thu Sep 29 2011, 18:16

I believe those things are called Laer in "grimdarkfuture" Gobsmakked Smile

Notable example - Fulgrim when he changed from Chaosey girl into Daemon Prince.

And old model [from... EPIC! Yep, that guy is big]

Not sure IF his "human" skin isn't just because he was human. Also You may dump wings.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Inventing something new   Fri Sep 30 2011, 01:47

Mmmm, not familiar with pan Fulgrim or laer, but when I first saw a melusine and read about them, I was immediately reminded of Spanna's "What are Sslyth?" thread
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t577-what-are-the-sslyth

They are not very different from what we already have, that's why I think they would be a good fit as well as offering some interesting modelling possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor

PostSubject: Re: Inventing something new   Fri Sep 30 2011, 01:55

Laer (and Laerish Fulgrim) orginated from original-original topic, on Da Waaagh (you have to had 100 post there to see it if I'm correct).

They appear to be similar race to Sslyth, maybe even "the same" - much like DE and Vanilla Elves.

Anyway for those that DON'T have Waaagh account, here is main bullet point:

We can "fix" those.

Or not, since those things are on 50x100mm bases. Just too big... damn.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inventing something new   Fri Sep 30 2011, 02:29

Something I've always wanted to try is the Dark Eldar using a captured and mind-broken Farseer with 'Runes of Warding' to keep the pesky psychic shenannigans to a minimum. Perhaps the Farseer is mounted in a variant Chronos pain engine as both prison and life-support?
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Inventing something new   Sun Oct 02 2011, 10:26

Thanks for the input. I will consider it.... but i also will jump over to the "what should FW do?" Thread.... tons of ideas there too...
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/

Inventing something new
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: