Share | 

Incubi hiearch HQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
YoungArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 02:45

The codex has a tiny pattern in the HQ section, a generic HQ of a specific group, and a named HQ from the same group, but when we reach Drazhar, there is no parallel for him, which made me ask "Why not?" there is no reason an archon wouldn't send is most trusted Incubus to lead an assault, so I've worked out a possible statline for such a unit.

Incubus Hiearch: 90 points

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
9 5 4 4 3 6 4 9 3+

Wargear: Special Rules:
Incubus Warsuit Power from Pain
Demiklaives Night Vision
Defensive Grenades Independent Character

An Incubus Hiearch may take wargear from the Special Wargear list

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 03:13

Is because there is no parallel for Drazhar. He isn't just a really good Incubus--he's a Phoenix Lord. What you're thinking of already exists, and is called a Klaivex.

The Incubi aren't just a type of Dark Eldar, they are essentially an Aspect Shrine, just like the ones on Craftworlds. The most advanced they get is their 'sergeant,' the Klaivex, which is essentially an Exarch.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 12:01

They far more weaker than aspect warriors now. I liked them in the old dex.
Hope they will be raised in next edition

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 12:36

Toughness 4? On a dark Eldar? I don't think so.

I think it would be enough to just give an Archon the possibility to buy Incubbi Armour and weaponry. Voilà.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 12:42

The bit thing about Drazhar is that technically speaking nobody even knows who he is. The popular opinion is of course that he is Ahrha so on the level of a Phoenix Lord, but he didn't rise through Incubi ranks. He just turned up one day and killed a load of them, proving he was better than them. He isn't an official master of the temple or anything. He has no rank within the order, he's just respected and feared for his abilities.

And Jimsolo is right, wat you're looking at is a Klaivex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
megatrons2nd
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 14:42

Didn't he fluff for Drazhar say something about killing a Hiearch or something? Almost like there was another point of Leadership above the Klaivex. I don't know where my book that had it is, just a vague memory of it.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 15:01

Drazhar's datasheet, page 161 of the current Codex, it does indieed mention an "enthroned Heirarch".
It reads to me that the Heirarch is the master of the Incubi temple (though I suppose its possilbe he was master on just one temple).
By killing the heirarch, Drazhar was entitled to take his place, but instead Drazhar just walked away.

The little bit of story also describes his armour as being that worn by a "senior member of the Incubus creed".

So yes, you have a point there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 15:04

@Jimsolo wrote:
The most advanced they get is their 'sergeant,' the Klaivex, which is essentially an Exarch.
@Squidmaster wrote:
And Jimsolo is right, wat you're looking at is a Klaivex.
Klaivex are the highest rank of Incubi we have rules for, but going by the 5th Ed codex, each obsidian shrine is "presided over by a Hierarch", suggesting that that's the highest rank. And that's the role YoungArchon is trying to fill.

That said, Klaivex are described as their war-leaders suggesting that Heirarchs don't leave their shrine, assuming they even are a higher rank.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 15:49

@CptMetal wrote:
Toughness 4? On a dark Eldar? I don't think so.
I was trying to make it so that he's less likely to instantly die from a missile to the face before he reaches combat, maybe he should just have a shadowfield?

And I'm unsure why a hiearch wouldn't leave the shrine, they're equally hungry to go on a hunting trip through realspace; maybe they're less likely to be seen than a klaivex, but that could be because they price for a Kabal to hire one is astronomically high

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 17:33

Doesn't the fluff for Drazhar say that he killed the master of the Commoragh Incubus temple with such ease that no other Incubus has stepped up to claim it, and it is therefore empty?

By all rights, Drazhar is supposed to be the master of the Comm temple, but he didn't accept it. He's still a looming threat to anyone who DOES try to accept it, though.

Also @OP: I'm pretty sure Incubi aren't aligned with any covens or kabals. Incubi temples are kind of mercenary, in that they work for compensation, so there wouldn't really be a "most trusted" Incubus. None of them owe a particular loyalty to anyone or anything, except maybe to the temple from which they hail. They are kind of like budhist monks who's kharmic jello is death and combat.

That said, I don't know much about whether it's possible for an Incubus to leave or "unjoin" a temple. If it is, it would absolutely be cool for an archon to have access to Incubus arms and armor.

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sat Jan 02 2016, 19:43

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Doesn't the fluff for Drazhar say that he killed the master of the Commoragh Incubus temple with such ease that no other Incubus has stepped up to claim it, and it is therefore empty?

By all rights, Drazhar is supposed to be the master of the Comm temple, but he didn't accept it. He's still a looming threat to anyone who DOES try to accept it, though.

Also @OP: I'm pretty sure Incubi aren't aligned with any covens or kabals. Incubi temples are kind of mercenary, in that they work for compensation, so there wouldn't really be a "most trusted" Incubus. None of them owe a particular loyalty to anyone or anything, except maybe to the temple from which they hail. They are kind of like budhist monks who's kharmic jello is death and combat.

That said, I don't know much about whether it's possible for an Incubus to leave or "unjoin" a temple. If it is, it would absolutely be cool for an archon to have access to Incubus arms and armor.

I can second this. It's been a while since I've read Path of the Incubus but it is pretty much stated this way.

I was just skimming through the book and found the following line: "Drazhar has slain Hierarchs but he does not take their place". Later, it was also told that he slays those who attempt to venerate him and he exists only to kill.

Also, I am also pretty sure the Hierarchs were the leader of the Incubi Brotherhood and incredibly strong. And to become a Hierarch you have to slay one and claim his place (well, obviously).

@Erebus wrote:

That said, Klaivex are described as their war-leaders suggesting that Heirarchs don't leave their shrine, assuming they even are a higher rank.

If I remember correctly, it was implied in the books as well that they don't leave their shrine, but I can't find the page to confirm this...
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 04:47

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
@BetrayTheWorld wrote:

I can second this.

I can third this
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 11:38

As others have said, Drazhar only has S4 T4 because he's a Phoenix Lord, a generic HQ should have S3 T3.

Moreover, I've no idea why a generic Incubi HQ would have WS9 (Drazhar is about as good as they get and even he's only WS7).

With these changes, his statline is almost identical to that of an Archon. So, wouldn't it be easier to make it an upgrade for an Archon?

It could be our equivalent of terminator armour - if an Archon wears an Incubi warsuit, he also has to wield a Klaive or Demi-Klaive (though perhaps a Master Crafted version?).

I'd also suggest that Klaivexes should get +1 wound, but that's another matter.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:11

Klaivex also need old abilyties back.
Rampage is good, but they surely need something more. Adding them one aditional wound will make them look more like exarchs this days

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 12:15

@Devilogical wrote:
Klaivex also need old abilyties back. Rampage is good, but they surely need something more.

I wouldn't object.

@Devilogical wrote:
Adding them one aditional wound will make them look more like exarchs this days

That was the whole point. I thought they were Exarchs in all but name.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 14:23

I like the idea shredder. That would be awesome. In the same, please games workshop, make us give the Archon a bike, wings or a board!

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 17:01

You know, thinking about it, I really do feel violated by our codex. In all ways, I'd rather use the old codex. The new codex brought nothing new that would even come close to justifying all that we lost.

Basically, we got slapped with a huge nerf bat when we weren't really considered a strong codex to begin with. The only things non-DE people really viewed as competitive were the allied beast stars.

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:00

@CptMetal wrote:
In the same, please games workshop, make us give the Archon a bike, wings or AND a board!

Fixed that for you. Very Happy

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
You know, thinking about it, I really do feel violated by our codex. In all ways, I'd rather use the old codex. The new codex brought nothing new that would even come close to justifying all that we lost.

Basically, we got slapped with a huge nerf bat when we weren't really considered a strong codex to begin with. The only things non-DE people really viewed as competitive were the allied beast stars.

I was going to say that the new codex is at least stronger than the old one, but I'm not even sure of that.

e.g.:

- Scourges can only take 2 special weapons per 5, but Ravagers are cheaper and can move 12" and fire all weapons at full BS.

- Raiders are 5pts more expensive, but Night Shields and Splinter Racks are both 5pts cheaper, and they can take Flickerfields.

- The Succubus is worse without the Glaive (albeit cheaper), but the Archon can get Combat Drugs, an AP2 Huskblade, a vastly better Soul Trap, a cheaper Shadowfield, Ghostplate Armour and can give their unit grenades. Haemonculi are also cheaper, can take Liquifier Guns that are both cheaper and actually worth a damn, and one can take the Shattershard. Not to mention that things can take Venom Blades.

- Talos and Cronos don't start with FNP, but are also about 20-25pts cheaper.

- Access to The Baron and The Duke.

- Grotesques are worse, but Beast Packs are better (especially with the aforementioned Baron).

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think I could count the number of actual buffs our new codex brought us on one hand. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:21

Thing that gives us a slap is not just nerfs.
Most of them was predictable (removing hyware from wyches, nerfing beasts) but the point is: i don`t think that DE codex was REALY that good last edition. We were more uniqe and have some good stuf as well as pretty useless (hellions, mandrakes, Kheradruakh, some artifacts). There was no need of any nerfs. We would not carry against most modern armies anyway

And most important: a couple of months after DE release there was Necron come out. That`s was bugging me a lot. Hope we will see new dex in a couple of years and things will get fixed (if all should be strong, why we cannot be?)

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:31

If our next codex is good I may start praising the Emprah!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:05

The emperor? Heresy! Oh... Wait ;-P

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:11

@Devilogical wrote:
Thing that gives us a slap is not just nerfs.
Most of them was predictable (removing hyware from wyches, nerfing beasts) but the point is: i don`t think that DE codex was REALY that good last edition. We were more uniqe and have some good stuf as well as pretty useless (hellions, mandrakes, Kheradruakh, some artifacts). There was no need of any nerfs. We would not carry against most modern armies anyway

Oh, I agree entirely. Hell, I don't even think Haywire wyches needed nerfing (it's not really their ideal role, but I don't think they were OP and it was still better than no role at all). Beast packs certainly didn't.

Our codex was okay in 5th, but 7th hit us hard in a lot of areas (Fliers, Ignores Cover, changes to vehicle damage chart etc.), yet instead of buffing us to bring us up to standard most of our stuff was nerfed even more.

It's like GW has a crippling fear of money and success.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:18

I'd say that the more popular an army the better it's codex but then I take a look at the codex chaos Space Marines...

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Sun Jan 03 2016, 23:55

@CptMetal wrote:
I'd say that the more popular an army the better it's codex but then I take a look at the codex chaos Space Marines...

Could you tell me what makes chaos space marines a bad codex without mentioning vanilla space marines(or their abilities)?

PostSubject: Re: Incubi hiearch HQ   Mon Jan 04 2016, 01:27

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
@CptMetal wrote:

Could you tell me what makes chaos space marines a bad codex without mentioning vanilla space marines(or their abilities)?

Wait I thought Dark Eldar were popular via their model range. I may be wrong
Back to top Go down

Incubi hiearch HQ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: