Share | 

Eldar and Corpse Thief Claw 1850pts list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyryn79
Slave

PostSubject: Eldar and Corpse Thief Claw 1850pts list   Tue Dec 22 2015, 23:14

Hi,

I'm mainly a Eldar Player that normally uses the Realspace raiders detachment or a normal Dark Eldar Destachament with 1 or 2 HQ with WWP in raiders with Fire Dragons and Trueborns lists.
Normally I play against Tau, Tyranid and Space Marines (bikes, Grav centurions and Knights Evil or Very Mad
Since I never fielded the Corpse Thief Claw, I was thinking in this list aiming a future tournament in 2 months, and would like some opinions if possible...

Eldar CAD

- Farseer with jetbike - 100+15= 115 pts
- 6 jetbikes with scatter laser= 51+51+60= 162pts
- 5 dire avengers+wave serpent(TL Scatter laser+Shuriken Cannon)=65+140=205pts
- 5 dire avengers+wave serpent(TL Scatter laser+Shuriken Cannon)=65+140=205pts
- 10 Rangers - 120Pts
- 3 Dark Reaper + Exarch and Starshot - 147 pts
- 2 War Walkers 2 Scatter laser - 120 pts
- 2 Vypers w/ Bright Lance and Shuriken cannon - 100pts

Corpse Thief Claw
5 talos - 4 with Ichor and 4 with Haywire - 680 pts

Total: 1849pts

What do you think?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar and Corpse Thief Claw 1850pts list   Tue Dec 22 2015, 23:42

I am in love with the Corpsethief, but think you should shave some points off of it.  I think either take ichorinjectors and/or chain flails or a different gun.  

My preference is 3 ichore injectors and 2 chain flails. This keeps the unit cheaper and very threatening to other combat units and GMCs.  The 30 twin linked Splinter Cannon shots kick ass and are great for overwatch should someone decide to charge you.

Besides that I like your list.  It's not overly competitive, but could still get some solid work done.  It is also nice to see not too many scatter bikes.

Here are some ideas of things you could change without really changing the make of your list too much.

I think changing the rangers to 2x5 scouts would be more ideal.  Same with the scatter bikes. 2 units of 3 are much better. That gives more objective secured and more deployment options. I do think you need a little more AT, but I don't think the Talos are the way to go here. They want to be moving to get into assault as fast as possible.  So I would maybe look into getting more lances elsewhere like maybe like fire dragons or wraithguard.  
Maybe drop 5 scouts and 5 avengers and put them in the avenger serpent.
Also breaking the vypers into units of one would be more ideal.

I almost want to say for you to take the reapers, avengers get some dragons and turn them into an aspect host.  The serpent also become BS5 in the host so that's a win win.
Have you considered putting twin bright lances on the serpents instead of scatter lasers? You already have lots of st6 so might be something worth considering.
I haven't used them with lances before, but I have been considering it.  

just my opinion, but this may help you out a little bit.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Eldar and Corpse Thief Claw 1850pts list   Tue Dec 22 2015, 23:49

Thanks for your opinion. I will take it in serious consideration, since you really make pointed the vast weakness of my list.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Eldar and Corpse Thief Claw 1850pts list   Wed Dec 23 2015, 04:48

5 Talos Pain Engines scares me. That's all I have to say
Back to top Go down

Eldar and Corpse Thief Claw 1850pts list
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: