HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What counts as a Corsair Unit?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: What counts as a Corsair Unit?   Tue Dec 22 2015, 19:11

Several of the Corsair psychic powers say that they can only be cast on a "unit with the Eldar Corsairs faction".

This may sound like a silly question, but what exactly counts as a unit with the Eldar Corsairs faction?

Specifically:

1) Does a unit from the Corsairs book still count as a Corsair unit if you attach characters from other factions?

2) If you attach a Corsair character to a non-corsair unit, does it count as a Corsair unit?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What counts as a Corsair Unit?   Tue Dec 22 2015, 20:32

I think the unit would count as an corsair faction and whichever other faction is a part of the unit.
So an archon in a corsair unit would be both dark Eldar and corsair faction. Models don't lose their faction status by joining another unit of a different faction.

I think a few more option up there would be good other than the just the 2. Like counting as both faction + whatever other options that you can think of.

Something else to note is some powers say Corsair faction only, while others just say corsair faction. Which could be important?

Just not totally sure, but this is important to know.

Curious to see what other will discuss in this thread?

This doesn't just effect corsairs, but other factions as well.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What counts as a Corsair Unit?   Tue Dec 22 2015, 20:56

The general consensus by me (and from most tournament FAQs) is that when you need to determine the faction of a "unit" you go by the faction of whatever the base unit is, effectively ignoring ICs. So corsair unit + DE IC is a corsair unit, while DE unit + Corsair IC is a DE unit. It keeps things pretty simple and straight forward (with the one messy exception being a unit composed entirely of ICs from different factions, but you don't see that too much)

If a power targets "models" with a specific faction, that's a different story though.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: What counts as a Corsair Unit?   Tue Dec 22 2015, 22:32

I'd agree with that. The IC rules say:

Quote :
While an Independent Character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes, though he still follows the rules for characters.

So if an Archon joined a Corsair unit he is counted as part of the Corsair unit for all rules purposes, which would include psychic powers that targeted Corsair units.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: What counts as a Corsair Unit?   Tue Dec 22 2015, 23:19

Yep. The base unit is the unit whose faction identity is used.

This only gets confusing when two ICs join each other with no squad involved.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: What counts as a Corsair Unit?   Tue Dec 22 2015, 23:34

Okay, cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What counts as a Corsair Unit?   

Back to top Go down

What counts as a Corsair Unit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: