HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Facing necrons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 00:46

Hello. This week end, I'll do a 1v1v1 game with a necron and a tau player. I played few games against tau, but never faced necrons.

I've heard he will bring a decurion army, and already saw somes posts about them on the forum.

What is it basicly, and how do we handle it?

And what should I be careful about, with the necrons, in general?
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 01:02

If he runs a deathstar full of lychguard and the royal court, just plan on avoiding them (unless you tend to bring wwp d-scythes).

If he runs a lot of infantry, grotesque are great for beating them in combat and chasing them down.

Necron also tend to be slow and short ranged, so I often spend the first few turns whittling units down with venoms before I'm actually in my opponent's range.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 01:06

Corpsethief and Grotesquery are always good for ripping crons and Tau a new one.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 01:08

Well everything I'm about to say may be anecdotal evidence but I played in a tournament this last weekend where the winner (necrons) only loss was to me. Now I was running eldar with my Dark Eldar but even without allied eldar both armies you're facing are vulnerable to leadership manipulation. I was running a seer council with my archon granting him a 2++ rerollable with fortune. Add in the warlocks rolling horrify (-3 ld) and I ended up over running and whiping out both his death star of lord, orikan and lych guard and a big blob of immortals.

Coupled with allied psychic shrieks, and even our little used soulfright weapons the leadership negatives from armor of misery, psychic powers, harlequin mask of secrets (etc.) Can be very strong against both necrosis and Tau.

Also D strength weapons deny them their reanimation protocol no matter what strentgh so wraithguard with D scythes will kill them hideously.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 10:51

Not familiar enough with Necrons to confidently give advice about them, but keep in mind that there's no such thing as a 1v1v1, just a 2v1 where you don't know what team you're on yet.

I'd try looking innocuous by reserving most things and then coming onto the board in force later. Even if it would be really, really funny, try not to antagonize either player too much.
Back to top Go down
Dyemor
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 14:13

The Decurion detachment buffs their Reanimation Protocol (FnP even against Instant Death) to a 4+. If he takes one of the special characters, he can get re-rolls of 1's on his FnP within 12" of that character.

There is another special character for around 100pts or so who has a stupid scythe and rule which means he gets additional hits per miss your unit gets against them... he ends up striking at init 2, with tons of extra attacks with a Str 7, AP2 scythe... and then teleports to the other special character if things get too hairy.

For the most part, lots of shots works well against them. I'd maybe try and concentrate on one flank to start with, and then move into the space you create.

+1 on avoid the Royal Court, and yes the Corpsethief Claw works great against everything they have Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebellion.co.uk
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 14:49

Grotesquerie for the win!
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 17:08

D strength just flathe ignores the reanimation whether it's ID or not.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 19:52

Warrior squads from a Decurion are really resistant to venom fire or massed splinter fire. If you are trying to knock a squad off an objective be prepared to shoot multiple units at one squad and still not drop them.

To echo an earlier statement in a Threeway free for all it is a good idea to let the other sides weaken each other if at all possible and then swoop in to clean up. It often times comes down to deployment. You don't want to start to close to either if you can help it.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Tue Dec 15 2015, 21:10

Decurion is stupid resilient vs shooting. Try to kill the fast stuff (bikes, destroyers, wraiths) and play the mission.

For those who advise a grotesquerie, How would you load it out vs necrons?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Wed Dec 16 2015, 09:34

Grots want to have S6 and 4+ FNP if possible. And a Raider. Pain engines are good too. Same with Reavers with caltrops.

Venoms, lot's of them. Do not shoot his 2+ rerollable star. Kill other stuff first.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Wed Dec 16 2015, 14:56

Can a dark artisan hold his star?
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Facing necrons   Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:50

@dumpeal wrote:
Can a dark artisan hold his star?

If it's a lychguard star it either has a lot of S7 AP 2 attacks or 4++ saves (and then reanimation) so that's probably a losing battle, they can also teleport away so good luck catching them.

If it's a Pylon star you can prob take it if you can get to it, but the Necron player would have to do something very wrong to let that happen (it'll be able to teleport).

I'm pretty sure their 2+ rerollable only comes from one guy though, so it'd you shoot it try to position so he's out of LoS or not the closest model.
Back to top Go down

Facing necrons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: