HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Mon Dec 07 2015, 06:52

Episode 18
We are joined by Alex (Cavalier AVA) and Paulie (Sky Serpent) for our continuing discussion of Dark Eldar in 40K through the ages. We discuss the 5th Edition reboot and current codex. This episode also features an interview with Golden Daemon winner Ryan Herbranson on to discuss a promotion on his Twitch painting channel as well as an interview with multiple Golden Daemon, Slayer Sword, P3 Grandmaster, and Crystal Brush winner Thom Ales. This episode weighs in at nearly three hours and features lots of references to editing that will never happen!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Krossvain
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Tue Dec 08 2015, 05:28

Good call on the Archon comment about crap models. I ended up looking for ideas on conversions for mine. I Swapped out the head and arms and it looks way better than the stock kit.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Tue Dec 08 2015, 21:46

'I'm such a scatterbrain sometimes' - so what you're saying is you're a...splintermind?

here all week
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Wed Dec 09 2015, 04:41

Loved the episode!

Thanks for the shout out!

I tend to agree with pretty much everything that was said on this episode.

I cant wait to get some updates... then again, I played since early 4th edition with the Dark Kin, so I am used to playing the same list for YEARS. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Wed Dec 09 2015, 11:53

Thanks Skari! No problem on the shout-out, always learning from your great youtube channel its an enormous resource for Dark Eldar players, or anyone playing from the Eldar family of codices. Glad you enjoyed it!

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:04

Wow this was a long one.
But excellent and really interesting.

I would agree in saying that the Incubi are the weakest model in our current range, I've said for a while that taking the head and blade away just leaves you with a Kabalite's body, and I always much preferred the old version of the Incubus Warsuit. The two who came with Asdrubael Vect were fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
organicpesticide
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Wed Dec 09 2015, 22:30

After listening to the whole "Ravager Formation" segment, Ravagers in squads of 1-3 and allowing them to combine their 3 DLs into a single(twin-linked) D-Lance would help us fight deathstars and superheavies/gargantuans 100%. Three D-Lances per squad sounds good haha. That would really epitomize the "Glass Cannon" style the dark eldar used to play as. Then, we just need some solid anti-air vehicles/units and a "re-balance" to our HQ units -__- .
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Thu Dec 10 2015, 01:11

@organicpesticide wrote:
After listening to the whole "Ravager Formation" segment, Ravagers in squads of 1-3 and allowing them to combine their 3 DLs into a single(twin-linked) D-Lance would help us fight deathstars and superheavies/gargantuans 100%. Three D-Lances per squad sounds good haha.  That would really epitomize the "Glass Cannon" style the dark eldar used to play as. Then, we just need some solid anti-air vehicles/units and a "re-balance" to our HQ units -__-  .

I'm telling you- A couple of tweaks and some decent formations and this army is back in it Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Fri Dec 11 2015, 00:59

When you guys started talking about Duke Sliscus, there was a musical reference I didn't get. Can someone help me out?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Fri Dec 11 2015, 01:44

@Jimsolo wrote:
When you guys started talking about Duke Sliscus, there was a musical reference I didn't get.  Can someone help me out?

This old thread should get you up to speed:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2857-duke-sliscus-and-david-bowie

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Mon Dec 14 2015, 02:25

Lol, I like how the knives came out the second the topic of Allies came up. Razz

That was a good episode! I had to look up Tommy Ells's stuff, and HOLY CRAP is that cool.

When you guys were talking about Dark Eldar being on the lower part of a downswing at the very end, and talking about what it felt like to everyone, I couldn't help but remember The One. I got in during sixth edition, when we were on the downswing, and I kind of feel like Yu Law at the very end of the movie. Sure, I've been sent to prison, and it's hella bad, but I can still throw bows like a champ, and some day, some day I'm going to get out...and then everyone will know suffering like they've never flipping imagined.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Mon Dec 14 2015, 11:52

Dude... you did it... you dropped a reference from "The One".... we are officially boys.

I agree with you man wholeheartedly... I had the same experience playing the 4th ed Eldar codex through 4th....5th.... and even 6th and when I got that power boost I was playing like a champ. Like Yu Law I was "nobodies b*tch!!!"

Also where did you find photos of Tom's stuff I was looking everywhere for photos of his Tantalus and I couldn't find it!

BTW can't wait to hear you on the podcast Jim. Hope you cover some Corsair stuff in the podcast because the Prince can take "Mask of Secrets" and with all the outflank/deepstrike shenanigans it should parlay nice into the freakshow tactics.

Anyway thanks Jim I'm glad you liked the show!

@Evil_Space-Elves - Did Tom ever send you those photos buddy? I've been dying to see them ever since I listened to the interview.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Sat Jan 30 2016, 13:51

Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:55

@doriii wrote:
thanks for the show!

http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.com/cbartwork/index/id/886 <-- tantalus

OMNOMNOMNOM

Shocked

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Wed Feb 10 2016, 20:16

@John M wrote:
@doriii wrote:
thanks for the show!

OMNOMNOMNOM

Shocked

Very Happy

RIGHT?! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Thu Feb 11 2016, 10:32

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
@John M wrote:
@doriii wrote:
thanks for the show!

OMNOMNOMNOM

Shocked

Very Happy

RIGHT?! Twisted Evil

RIGHT cheers
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Fri Jul 22 2016, 02:38

You tabled a wolfstar?! By the drool of She Who Thirsts I'd have to see to believe that! cheers

I love 8th edition, and I love Dark Eldar in 8th, but I still can't wait for fluffy Kabal rules to drop in our dex.  I have written multiple Dark Eldar fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.  I also created a Blood Angels 7th edition fan codex, and I have used the Age of Sigmar Kharadron Overlords battletome to create a 40k Squats codex complete with a bunch of Stratagems.
Back to top Go down
Ixonoxlast
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Tue Aug 16 2016, 02:21

First time seeing the fandex, I am loving those formations
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2   Sun Aug 21 2016, 01:03

If you're talking to me Ixonoxlast, thank you very much. I highly recommend you check out the grisly trophy on Fandexes in the rules development section of the forum.

I love 8th edition, and I love Dark Eldar in 8th, but I still can't wait for fluffy Kabal rules to drop in our dex.  I have written multiple Dark Eldar fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.  I also created a Blood Angels 7th edition fan codex, and I have used the Age of Sigmar Kharadron Overlords battletome to create a 40k Squats codex complete with a bunch of Stratagems.
Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 18: True Kin Through the Ages Pt2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: