HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1650 pure coven list for tournment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drdoom222222
Hellion

PostSubject: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Thu Dec 03 2015, 12:10

Getting a cronos and talos for xmas so putting together a list that it will/should evolve into for a tournament next year.

COVENITE COTERIE DETACHMENT
HQ
Haemonculus 70
Scissorhand 10
Total 80

Haemonculus 70
Scissorhand 10
Total 80

Elite
4 Grotesques 140
Aberration + Scissorhand 20
Raider with dark lance 60
Total 220

4 Grotesques 140
Total 220

Dark Artisan Formation
Haemonculus (warlord) 70
syndriq’s sump 10
Nightmare doll 35
Webway Portal 35
Scissorhand 10

Talos 120
Twin linked Heat lance 5
Chain-flails 5

Cronos 100
Spirit probe 25

Total 415

Corpsethief Claw Formation

5 Talos 600
3 with Chain-flails 15
2 with Ichor injector 20

Overall Total 1650

Back to top Go down
DingK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Thu Dec 03 2015, 15:22

Drop one Haemonculus and turn the CC detachment into a Grotesquerie. Also, I don't think you're allowed to take two artifacts on a single character.
Back to top Go down
drdoom222222
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Thu Dec 03 2015, 15:35

As far as I was aware I thought you had to play COVENITE COTERIE DETACHMENT (Tax 2 HQ and 2 Elite) if your going to play pure Coven.

On the DIABOLICAL PLAYTHINGS page of the Coven book it says I can only play 1 relic/artefact per army not one per character. Can't find anywhere else where this restriction exists.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Thu Dec 03 2015, 18:50

First off, take a look at this chart: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tkglpLLURik/U-pnFpHBXtI/AAAAAAAAI_k/SjzpQ50mW9M/s1600/battleforged_BAO1.jpg

A pure Coven list is possible through either the CC detachment, a combination of formations (which are detachments in themselves, a point often misunderstood!), or a CC detachment with some formations.

While you could certainly field those Grots as part of a CC detachment, you'd lose out on the Latest Experiments advantage.

As for the artefacts:
- Page 48 of the Coven supplement reads: "Any units from a Detachment or Formation in this book that can select Artefacts of Cruelty cannot select from those listed in C:DE, but can instead select Diabolical Playthings.
- Page 69 of the Codex reads, under Artefacts of Cruelty: "A model may take one of the following."

Since a DP is selects instead of an AoC, it is still limited to one per character, and one of each per army.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Thu Dec 03 2015, 19:33

I think it's a bit up in the air regarding how many relics a Coven haemie can take, both sides have legitimate points in my opinion.  What I'm more curious about is why you have Syndriq's on a Dark artisan haemie, IWND and Rampage are the only options that do anything and neither seem all that great to me (and you get IWND T3 anyway).

I second swapping the CC detachment for a Grotesquerie.  I'd probably use some of those points for some liquifiers on the DA (yeah S3 sucks but 3 templates worth can do some damage on the drop, and gives them a pretty mean overwatch against tart-pit units).  And spend the rest on a 5th Grot for the Haemie-less squad (fun play with Character-less grots if you go first: Flat out straight at the enemy, enemy blows up their transport and grots likely get pinned, enemy ignores them since they're pinned and doesn't want to waste shots on a T5/3+ cover/FNP unit, T2 grots become fearless and charge the hapless fools!!!)

What kind of missions do you play by you?  If there's maelstrom involved don't expect to win that one too often... unless the CTC goes to town in close combat.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Fri Dec 04 2015, 03:14

As the Dark Artisan Haemonculus being your Warlord his strength will be buffing the Cropsethief so I'd drop the webway and deploy the unit within 6" of the Claw.

I think also the Doll on the Haemie maybe be a bit to expensive for a T4 model...but it will help against that first failed Look Out Sir I guess

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Fri Dec 04 2015, 09:12

Thanks for the feedback guys.

In regards to missions its a mixed bag some with relics, the objectives are always predetermined positions (mostly like an X) and some with kill points, some without.

in regards to the sump, I picked it for versatility (if I decided to walk with the CTC, I take IWND for 2 turns and then change to Rampage with scissorhand from turn 3 onwards.

In regards to WWP, again its versatility after seeing the mission and opponents army I can make a call walk or DS. expensive though.

Same with the doll, expensive but seeing as though he is my warlord, I want him to deny slay the warlord as much as possible. what options to you guys use?

I wanted to use the Grotesquerie but I just wasn't sure if it was legal. Will look at the list again and tweek it. thanks for your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
drdoom222222
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Mon Dec 07 2015, 16:28

updated with 3 formations now including Grotesquerie. still have 20 point left I think any suggestions.

Grotesquerie Formation
Haemonculus 70
syndriq’s sump 10
Scissorhand 10
Total 90

5 Grotesques 175
Total 255

4 Grotesques 140
Total 220

Dark Artisan Formation
Haemonculus (warlord) 70
Nightmare doll 35
Webway Portal 35
Scissorhand 10
Liquifier gun 15

Talos 120
Twin linked Heat lance 5
Twin-linked liquifier gun 15

Cronos 100
Spirit probe 25

Total 430

Corpsethief Claw Formation

5 Talos 600
3 with Chain-flails 15
2 with Ichor injector 20

Total 635

Overall Total 1630?
Back to top Go down
DingK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Mon Dec 07 2015, 17:20

One suggestion I'd like to make for your DA: remember that, since they're a single unit, they'll need to shoot at and charge the same target. Right now, you're paying points to kit out your Talos for both AT (heatlance) and AI (LQ gun), and your Haemie is bearing another LQ gun and a Scissorhand for AT.

I get that you're trying to fill the points and build a legal list, but paying points for gear that a unit can't or won't use always seems like a waste to me.
Back to top Go down
drdoom222222
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1650 pure coven list for tournment    Thu Dec 10 2015, 11:24

heat lance is only 5 points and gives me the possibility of cracking open a transport and flaming the troops inside (its an option/possibility not saying it will work very often....) plus I have very little AT in the list. maybe put haywire blasters on the claw unit? or heat lances (cheaper)?
Back to top Go down

1650 pure coven list for tournment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: