HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Mon Nov 16 2015, 17:51

Via Natfka:
http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2015/11/leaked-images-new-starter-bundles-for.html

Dark Eldar Perfection of Agony $246.75 (USD I presume)

contents are - Raider, 2x Venom, 3x Wyches, Succubus, Reavers

Raider = $37.25
2x Venom = $30 = $60
3x Wyches = $29 = $87
Succubus = $23
Reavers = $39.50

Total = $246.75

So, no savings and its mostly Wyches. Meh. This looks suspiciously like another Wyche-laden bundle they had a while ago, obviously they didn't get rid of enough stock back then.

Now, if they offered 5 Talos for the price of 4 to make a Corpesthief Claw formation, I wonder how many bundles they would sell?

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Mon Nov 16 2015, 19:13

I like to imagine the giant stack of wych box sets that GW hasn't sold since about oh... last November.  It's a testament to their "strategy" though, that they still don't offer any discount on this bundle even though the majority of the models are currently near useless.

I guess none of that matters as long as people buy whatever the latest ignore cover/moving fortification/"always hit rear armor"/"destroy a land raider with reflected bolter shells" tau nonsense out as fast as they can de-mold it.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Mon Nov 16 2015, 20:40

Wyches?
WYCHES?!

Surely they have enough sense to see that if something isn;pt selling, its NOT because there's no lovely bundle with them in, its that the unit simply isn't generating interest.
Unless there's yes another unmarketed surprise book on the way that will make this useful, I simply can;t understand this mentality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Mon Nov 16 2015, 20:47

They could bundle them for free with the new Fish'ead formations, for target practice.

Wouldn't even need the auto-hit-on-the-rear-armour for the Raider.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Wed Nov 18 2015, 14:57

I just happen to need 2 venoms, some reavers and a raider to convert into coven stuff, the reavers I need mostly for the helmets, but I can always use more reavers too.

The wyches are torublesome, just too many of them, though I do happen to need bits form several boxes of wyches. Seems a bit of overkill buying 3 wyches boxes for parts mostly.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Sat Nov 21 2015, 12:08

Unless they are releasing a good Wych Cult supplement with the contents of this box as a formation, no thanks.

Gotta remember to grab that last Swiftshard box from my store though...
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:50

Many years ago, GW sent off for a marketing video that would help them boost their sales dramatically.

It involved two basic stages:

1) Put a 'recommended retail price' (or somesuch) on your models, that's way above any reasonable asking price.

2) Have near-constant sales, wherein the models are 'reduced' to what would be their normal asking price. So, it looks like customers are getting great deals, but in fact they're getting basically no deal whatsoever because the price you're supposedly cutting was fictitious in the first place.

Tragically though, the video was corrupted/damaged (they were still using VCRs, obviously) and cut out before the second step could even be mentioned. Hence, GW think that all they need to do is set stupidly high prices on models. The idea of then vocally cutting those prices to attract more customers has yet to reach them.

Perhaps, someday, they'll see the rest of that video.
Back to top Go down
Render Noir
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Fri Nov 27 2015, 22:56

Add formation rules that makes wyches better & this thing will sell
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Tue Dec 29 2015, 18:14

I once interviewed for a GW job. In that interview, it was made clear to me that it's against GW company policy to discount products. The company line is, "We feel that our product is worth the retail price, and by discounting product, we're unfairly competing with our biggest customers: Local Gaming Stores."

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Fri Jan 08 2016, 03:44

That almost seems rational except for all the GW stores competing with the local gaming stores.

Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Fri Jan 08 2016, 15:38

So after reading this and being as underwhelmed as everyone else, I went away and played a bit of Cyber Columbo, manually totting up a few of their new "Amazing value collection!" bundles advertised, I've determined most of them you do actually save a noticeable amount from buying individually, at least.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Fri Jan 08 2016, 15:45

@Cherrycoke wrote:
So after reading this and being as underwhelmed as everyone else, I went away and played a bit of Cyber Columbo, manually totting up a few of their new "Amazing value collection!" bundles advertised, I've determined most of them you do actually save a noticeable amount from buying individually, at least.

I bet you could save even more on ebay. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Fri Jan 08 2016, 16:26

@The Shredder wrote:
@Cherrycoke wrote:

I bet you could save even more on ebay. Very Happy

But buying the new collection Space Marine deal, you could net yourself the latest plastic generic Marine Captain #957!
Could you really afford to risk missing out?  hm??

But in all seriousness, I also find myself buying from Ebay so I couldn't argue the point.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available   Fri Jan 08 2016, 17:04

If ebay didn't exist - I wouldn't play 40k.

I haven't bought anything new in box (let alone from gw) since the "mail order troll" stopped having daily deals (and a US distribution networks), in the early 2000s.

Then again, I easily spend more time either watching ebay or stripping/fixing/converting models than playing 40k, but to be honest those are my favorite parts of the hobby anyway.
Back to top Go down

Perfection of Agony - DE bundle now available
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: